Dayle Garlett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dayle Garlett

there's a fair chance overlooking Garlett while bite 17 clubs on the arse ...

but only if that other one gives him a spot and plenty of hard yakka

tigertrue said:
there's a fair chance overlooking Garlett while bite 17 clubs on the arse ...

Better chance that the club that picks him will wish they didn't.

TigerMasochist said:
Sounds like a great idea, if only you could be certain of stealing a sack of diamonds and not a canister of toxic waste.
Bookies odds would not be good.

I reckon the best case scenario is better than the worst case scenario and it'd be worth it just to peeve off Golden Boy.

What would it cost us to pick him in the PSD, one years wage if he plays up? Could end up being a master stroke for the recruiting department basically having 2 top ten picks!

mtench said:
What would it cost us to pick him in the PSD, one years wage if he plays up? Could end up being a master stroke for the recruiting department basically having 2 top ten picks!

Could also give Dusty a new play mate within the club now that we got rid of his other one.

Win win win

mtench said:

They're too scared too, Taylor, Peterson, Relton Roberts & Tambling all car crashes
Let me see Maric or Garlett :headscratch
I'm with you, I would defiantly take him and if he plays up, out the door...

Baloo said:
Could also give Dusty a new play mate within the club now that we got rid of his other one.

Win win win
I still recon we should take the risk and pick up a possible game breaker. We have picked up the safe bet (V man) now we could top of or reqruiting with a potential star! (yes could be a bust as well)

I'm sure he'll get snapped up early in the pre season draft, would be surprised if he last to the rookie draft.

absolute superstar is garlett

unfortunately he has zero chance of being a long term afl footballer

some of the stories going around :-X

I reckon a thread like this would be on every other clubs fan forums.

plenty of other clubs will pick before us in both the PSD and rookie draft.

I don't reckon we will have a say, when it comes down to it. Some other club will take the chance.

Essendon is a logical enough club for him. They already have a number of indigenous players on their list and a long history of indigenous boys playing for them. Our track record in this area is poor. We would be one of the last clubs that was likely to succeed with him.

RFC has an enormous impatient supporter group that has been starved of success over a long period of time that is desperate for success, a prominent media profile that puts its players up on pedestals so they can be set up for the inevitable failure to follow and a culture that struggles to overcome the nagging lack of self-belief in adversity. Repairing damaged and troubled souls is not our forte under these circumstances. If even limited success comes our way over the next few seasons, maybe some of these things will be less oppressive.

How's Troy Taylor going?

If were going to bring in more talented problems can we bring back the Hamburgler. He was tops.