Dayle Garlett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dayle Garlett

Elmer said:
How's Troy Taylor going?

If were going to bring in more talented problems can we bring back the Hamburgler. He was tops.
By all reports he's alot more talented than Taylor

Elmer said:
How's Troy Taylor going?

By the look of his facebook page, looks like he's doing a whole lot of nothing.

Had a good chuckle when I saw he had liked this page "Going out for a Quiet One and Coming Home with a Court Date"

Never know...the fact that Garlett hasn't been picked up in the draft might have been the wake up call he required to get his priorities back on track.

Reckon he's worth a rookie pick-up if he gets through the PSD.

Shame that the Bombers are in the box seat to make an informed decision on him.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we pipped them before their first rookie pick if he was still available.

I don't want him afterall he's not the Massiah he's just a very naughty boy!

Don't want him making anymore of our list naughty too.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Never know...the fact that Garlett hasn't been picked up in the draft might have been the wake up call he required to get his priorities back on track.

Reckon he's worth a rookie pick-up if he gets through the PSD.

Shame that the Bombers are in the box seat to make an informed decision on him.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we pipped them before their first rookie pick if he was still available.

What's the point? He's a badass and we don't need any more of that poison lurking around. Let the bummers deal with him if they want to.

TigerMoz said:
What's the point? He's a badass and we don't need any more of that poison lurking around. Let the bummers deal with him if they want to.

The point is that he may well be a star player and is worth a rookie spot.

If he stuffs up them sack him. No big deal and worth a risk as a rookie.

zippadeee said:
Yep! Just proves that clubs won't risk it..
Don't think it would be worth the risk, would possibly be the sort that would gravitate towards dusty, whilst it may be able to contained during the season we would not like this sort of attude to creep in again over summer if the structures weren't in place.

Each to their own but it would sicken me and many others if he gets picked up by the Bombers and becomes a star.

If we are having 6 rookies in 2013, then I believe he is worth the risk as one of them.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Each to their own but it would sicken me and many others if he gets picked up by the Bombers and becomes a star.

If we are having 6 rookies in 2013, then I believe he is worth the risk as one of them.

From potential top 10 pick to be passed over by every club in the draft and potentially passed in the rookie draft too ? There is something obviously so wrong with picking him that we'd be mad to bring him in. Let a club with a stronger senior core chance it. Swans or Geelong could possible deal with the baggage he obviously has.

As a former school teacher, I reckon Frank would be embarrassed when one if the kids he selects turns out to be a tool. He should be able to work out which kid is genuine and which is not. Connors, Taylor, McDonald etc would be enough misses for him to steer clear of another kid who looks likely to lack the professionalism required for AFL. Garlett would really bite Frank on the arse ITBHO.

Baloo said:
From potential top 10 pick to be passed over by every club in the draft and potentially passed in the rookie draft too ? There is something obviously so wrong with picking him that we'd be mad to bring him in. Let a club with a stronger senior core chance it. Swans or Geelong could possible deal with the baggage he obviously has.

Wasn't Dylan Grimes touted as a top 10 pick? Also bypassed by ever other club. I'll back our recruiting team on this one.

tiger12 said:
Wasn't Dylan Grimes touted as a top 10 pick? Also bypassed by ever other club. I'll back our recruiting team on this one.

Dunno about Grimes. Gourdis was and now we know why.

But like you back the recruiting team. If they reckon we should avoid him then you won't hear me second guessing them.