Demon tests positive to cocaine after home and away game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Demon tests positive to cocaine after home and away game

The most surprising part of this is that people find it surprising that AFL footballers do illicit drugs.
Nah, we all know that. What surprises us is when one gets caught because it’s so easy to avoid. Usually means the player involved has a real issue.

Reactions: 1 users
How the media doesn’t get into this club for its endless issues - one after the other - and the culture it’s running with, is typical of their selective bias.

Clearly, running a weeks worth of articles on something like Pickett’s bump on somebody is more important.
Compare the outrage of a couple blokes getting a kebab.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
So, ah, when does Bartlett get his apology?

Seriously though, very little clubs can do to keep players off the gear outside of business hours. However, clubs can control who they put in charge of their players during business hours and maybe should think twice about appointing a known fiend as senior coach. Just an idea.
Bingo! The AFL look bloody stupid in this. Bartlett’s case is pretty close to being before the Courts. He wanted to bring in hair testing on the players. No support from the AFL. Kate Roffey shafts Bartlett and Bartlett is gone. The AFL held a function last week for retired Club bosses. McGuire, Kennett etc held in the MCC long room. Peggy couldn’t make it cos she was interstate. But Bartlett was snubbed and not invited. The AFL sent him a letter instead. So, I see the AFL as being quite happy for dirty linen to not be aired. Again……

Reactions: 2 users
Ohh the news breaks 12 minutes after the trade period finished.
You get results back in 4 minutes, why did it take 6 weeks to get the results?
Were the samples sent to Wuhan??

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Where's Gazza Lyon??
The silence is defending.
The news accidentally hit the news desk at Sen after little Gazza finished his shift.

East Coast Eagles.

Expect the media to go hard at them.

So much smoke. Not on fire but it feels like it's about to become a full-blown bushfire.

Reactions: 1 user
What I don't get is that this was supposedly Round 23, he played 2 finals after this and I heard on the radio earlier that is B sample hasn't been tested yet!! Seriously? The alleged breach was on August 20th, thats almost 2 months ago!! What sort of tinpot organisation is the AFL????

Reactions: 9 users
The most surprising part of this is that people find it surprising that AFL footballers do illicit drugs.
Bit of bad news coming outta Carlton BB....
The bloke you've just recruited Elijah Hollands has been charged by Queensland police for possession of an illicit substance!

Being reported Carlton was aware prior to the trade.

Just let the players have a few beers after a game (particularly a win) and maybe they won't dabble in the other poison.

What I don't get is that this was supposedly Round 23, he played 2 finals after this and I heard on the radio earlier that is B sample hasn't been tested yet!! Seriously? The alleged breach was on August 20th, thats almost 2 months ago!! What sort of tinpot organisation is the AFL????
AFL or ASADA responsibility,

Just let it go people,because one day there will be a Tiger player in the same boat.Ever wondered why some fly for a mark one handed? Holding their stash in the other........

Reactions: 1 user
Just let it go people,because one day there will be a Tiger player in the same boat.Ever wondered why some fly for a mark one handed? Holding their stash in the other........
If I remember correctly, a Richmond player was the first player that tested positive to using steroids.

I think you're missing the point. We got absolutely smashed from pillar to post by the media, particularly in 2020.
I'm surprised Huge Rimmingass didn't push for a Royal Commission into Richmond FC.
The DEez are kissed on the *smile* by comparision by the AFL medja given the continual controversies that have been coming out of their club.

Reactions: 8 users
Willem Dafoe Smile GIF
dees players after a hit.