Demon tests positive to cocaine after home and away game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Demon tests positive to cocaine after home and away game

I think you're missing the point. We got absolutely smashed from pillar to post by the media, particularly in 2020.
I'm surprised Huge Rimmingass didn't push for a Royal Commission into Richmond FC.
The DEez are kissed on the *smile* by comparision by the AFL medja given the continual controversies that have been coming out of their club.
Not sure that I am regarding this.*smile* happens and one day it will involve a Tiger player who has taken cocaine,sniffed his nuts,whatever.Guess what none of our crew are immune.

Bit of bad news coming outta Carlton BB....
The bloke you've just recruited Elijah Hollands has been charged by Queensland police for possession of an illicit substance!

Being reported Carlton was aware prior to the trade.
Yeah, as I said earlier before this came to light, it ain't surprising.

No less, parking kids on the Gold Coast on six-figure salaries and tons of free time on their hands. What do people expect.

But it's obviously not just limited to the Gold Coast though, nor the Demons.

Every club would have someone into the gear. That's society. Young people especially get stuck in, no less those on six figures and time to burn when they're not at the club.

The difference is Hollands has been caught - for every case like his, there's dozens more that go undetected. And inevitably, Hollands' case looks worse.

As for Carlton - no issues with the club knowing and still actively pursuing the trade. They're obviously realists and know what goes on in the lives of footballers. It'd be naive to think otherwise. If it continues to be a problem for him though, you'd seriously question the trade and the club.

Having said that, Hollands will get a slap on the wrist most likely, say all the right things in front of the camera, the club will probably put him on some counselling and also say all the right things, and he'll likely be back out the same weekend at it again. Or perhaps he'll pull his head in, who knows. But to hang him for something many others are up to also ain't the way to go.

But as I said, that's society. It's not just limited to footballers on six figures, it's young people altogether (hell, it's society altogether, not just the young). I'm from a time when 20 or 30 beers on a Saturday night did us just fine. Not that that's healthy by any stretch. More socially acceptable, yes. It irks me whenever you see reports come out that Aussie youth are drinking much less alcohol than previous generations, lauded as health crusaders. Are people really that naive? Drugs are cheaper, that's at least one reason.

Now where's my bottle-opener ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, as I said earlier before this came to light, it ain't surprising.

No less, parking kids on the Gold Coast on six-figure salaries and tons of free time on their hands. What do people expect.

But it's obviously not just limited to the Gold Coast though, nor the Demons.

Every club would have someone into the gear. That's society. Young people especially get stuck in, no less those on six figures and time to burn when they're not at the club.

The difference is Hollands has been caught - for every case like his, there's dozens more that go undetected. And inevitably, Hollands' case looks worse.

As for Carlton - no issues with the club knowing and still actively pursuing the trade. They're obviously realists and know what goes on in the lives of footballers. It'd be naive to think otherwise. If it continues to be a problem for him though, you'd seriously question the trade and the club.

Having said that, Hollands will get a slap on the wrist most likely, say all the right things in front of the camera, the club will probably put him on some counselling and also say all the right things, and he'll likely be back out the same weekend at it again. Or perhaps he'll pull his head in, who knows. But to hang him for something many others are up to also ain't the way to go.

But as I said, that's society. It's not just limited to footballers on six figures, it's young people altogether (hell, it's society altogether, not just the young). I'm from a time when 20 or 30 beers on a Saturday night did us just fine. Not that that's healthy by any stretch. More socially acceptable, yes. It irks me whenever you see reports come out that Aussie youth are drinking much less alcohol than previous generations, lauded as health crusaders. Are people really that naive? Drugs are cheaper, that's at least one reason.

Now where's my bottle-opener ...
Vossy will explain to him you only do nose beers AFTER you win flags

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I’d be a hard arse about this. It would be written into the players contracts. Get done for using, supplying,possession. You are finished. All I hear are excuses. Lots of spare time on their hands. True. Lots of disposable income. True. How about grow up and not commit illegal acts? These young guys are VERY well educated as to not to get involved in this stuff. It is not that they don’t know. They are in a privileged position of getting to play a wonderful game for pretty decent money.

I have no sympathy. None.

Reactions: 7 users
Joel Sniff, another player who was suffering from mental health issues at the time and of course vacuumed on Thurs, four days before his game. He'll get some counselling n won't even register a strike against his name.
Guessing Hollands will plead that he just found a little baggy while walking through a shopping centre car park and was going to hand it in to the police so some curious random little kid didn't find it and accidentally harm himself by ingesting the contents.

Don't do it and you won't get caught.
I agree with others, get rid of them the 1st minute the club finds out, before it spreads.

Reactions: 1 user
Clayton Oliver Been acused of bending windscreen wipers on cars after a training session Yarra Park.
You can't make this *smile* up

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Regarding Hollands, some people on here being pretty hard on the kid.

What do we want, for him to be shot at dawn? Not sure what the substance is, and not sure about the off-field issues, but c'mon, he is 21 years old.

I think the media are up to their usual tricks in intimating that the Blues were unaware of this. They knew, every club would have to some extent at least.

The Blues have taken a punt here and it hasn't cost them very much. Good luck to them and good luck to Hollands. I don't begrudge him a chance and I genuinely hope he becomes the AFL player he could become.

In Hollands case, I think this might be the best thing to have happened to him. Instead of having his issues hidden behind the AFLs three strike policy and the club trying to keep things all hushed up, the fact he has been caught by the Police means he has to come out in the open. It depends on what the driver is for his possession of drugs, but I'll bet the Blues are across it and they clearly think the situation can be salvaged.

As Tigers fans, it seems to me that it is hypocritical to be deriding this, when we have given the likes of Pickett and Stack a go. Where they have come from and where they are now shows just how tough it can be for these guys.

We all reveled in the early days of Stack, and of Marlion's exploits debuting in as Grandfinal. I can clearly remember Dusty saying he was proud of the club for giving Marlion a shot. Dusty said that everyone deserves a second chance, and I reckon he'd know.

Reactions: 6 users