Draft prospects 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2020

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I just dont see an AFL footballer in Callow , Looks like your typical man child kid that is just physically stronger than the other kids and already at his peak and little development left.

I dont see speed agility or leap , Just a strong 2nd league player

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I see speed as less relevant for a key forward, as y,all say its ground game and agility.
Plus competitiveness in the contest.

In all other positions burst speed is crucial

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Maybe in the next few years, as prospective key forwards prepare them selves to take over, there are two who will emerge who are already on our list, (CJ and Colina). Hope we take Cox but if he isn't there we should be looking irrespective of height, for the fastest, toughest and best skilled.
Not sure that Callow fits.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Reid is 3.17 for 20m, Scoop. Is he a tall forward?

Cox is a small, 2.95 and nimble. Turns on a dime. Probably a HBF maturing to CHB. In terms of profile.

In terms of profile, I prefer the modern Putt to the modern Cleveland Steamer. :D

Reid is key back, think Darcy Moore or Harris Andrews. Loves to intercept. Reads it coming in. And has huge vertical. If he gets to 95kg and holds the leap, he becomes a force. Maybe the Bombers take both.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I like that the leaks to who were looking have dried up in recent years , makes for a much more excicing night

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
It's not a bad write up, but not exactly the most accurate. Good though to get a decent vibe on players.

Really hope that Macrae is around at our pick.

Reactions: 1 user

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009
It's not a bad write up, but not exactly the most accurate. Good though to get a decent vibe on players.

Really hope that Macrae is around at our pick.
Example?

Macrae would be a great result for us. Hopefully teams put a bigger emphasis on speed and that'll see him slip.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just listened to that mock draft on the AFL site... Apparently they say the 'experts' select what your club really needs in the first round.....Kevin Sheehan has us taking Nathan O'Driscoll from WA.... He's a midfielder btw!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just listened to that mock draft on the AFL site... Apparently they say the 'experts' select what your club really needs in the first round.....Kevin Sheehan has us taking Nathan O'Driscoll from WA.... He's a midfielder btw!
Would be happy with O'Driscoll, he played senior football in the WAFL this year. I'd rather we select a tall if one is available, as i think that's a greater need.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think we will just go best available with our 1st pick again. I'd be surprised if we weren't targeting a tall with our 2nd pick though.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I like the look of Rosman as a forward from the dragons.
Rosman's BIO does read well D30, it quotes Draft Range 30-60 and a couple of Richmond non-negotiables listed as only average, but with the X-factor of speed, endurance and ceiling listed as Elite at 194cm if he is on Richmond's radar I would be happy to see his name called at either of our picks, (think we will only take two & MRJ).
Does seem a bit of a Hybrid Forward/Wing and not a contested forward IF that is what we are looking for?

I reckon there will be recruiters backing their judgement on players sight unseen this year so expecting a few bolters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I think we will just go best available with our 1st pick again. I'd be surprised if we weren't targeting a tall with our 2nd pick though.
I dont believe we should just take a tall for the sake of needing a tall and expect to be able to develop him to fit our needs if he is not the quality of player or has the skills natural football ability. these types you find tht just sit on a list 3-4 years without getting to the required level which we hve seen in the past.

Always take best available with the first 2 picks imo and if thats a small then so be it

Reactions: 5 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
O,Driscoll would be very good imo.
He comes across as similar to Jack Graham in application - inside mid with high contested and tackle numbers, runs super hard defensively. Good size, brisk across the lawn.
Its a safe pick but he has performed well throughout juniors (was all aus in u16)
A proven footballer, whats not to like

Reactions: 7 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Totally agree there will be sliders to.Either McRae, Cook or Carroll be great.I'm hoping we take 3 kids and Rioli to there is value in this draft.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Tim Powell is the one for me. Consistency and everything you want in a player. At pick 20 odd, I think we would be a steal.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I dont believe we should just take a tall for the sake of needing a tall and expect to be able to develop him to fit our needs if he is not the quality of player or has the skills natural football ability. these types you find tht just sit on a list 3-4 years without getting to the required level which we hve seen in the past.

Always take best available with the first 2 picks imo and if thats a small then so be it
Agree.

Unless a club is really desperate for that need just recruit quality kids, trade for the need - especially talls who take longer to develop.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'd be ok if we gave a couple of ex AFL listed players a chance on the rookie list. They would be a good chance to succeed in the AFL with a second chance, and would be just what our VFL side needs as well.

Alex Waterman is the sun of a gun and 2 time premiership player (Chris), he was on the Eagles rookie list until he got glandular fever followed by chronic fatigue, which kept him out for 2 years. He kicked 26 goals from 10 games this year and I reckon he's got the ability to play in the midfield.

The other is Ryan Nyhuis, he kicked 4 goals on debut for the Dockers, but played mainly as a defender after that.
I think he was little unlucky to be delisted, he has a real crack.