DRAW 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DRAW 2023

Its a pretty big assumption,

That I have a mate,

Who likes the idea of a weekend in Adelaide.

I do Adelaide 2 times per year when Victory play there. I’ve been there enough times to know there isn’t much else there. I might head down to Glenelg if I have an early flight in, but its almost always a smash and grab job nowadays (in and out inside 24 hours).

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @Ian4, you could extend your stay by 12 hours and get down to Elizabeth and enjoy the nighttime fun and frivolity in some of the parks.  Will totally change your view of Adelaide.

(DO NOT do this )

• Haha
I'm openly acknowledging I hate soccer as a game, but that doesn't change the fact it is a huge threat to Australian Rules. And yes, I hope the socceroos lose every time they play, and never qualify for the world cup, because that is what is best for Australian Rules and I love that game.

I'm not sure if you are involved in grass roots football but I've had sons and daughters play in three different states and the level of competition is unquestionable.

Soccer has huge junior participation rates, especially in girls, and those kids are lost to Australian Rules. Every junior club I was at was battling soccer teams for kids, and in contest with them for things like lights and change room upgrades from local council.
Soccer likely to get a significant boost here as a result of the countries success at the World Cup.

Opening up the game to those children and adults who want to play it; making it available to parents who don’t want their kids injured and being part of a multi cultural community encouraging it’s youth to play a game that is familiar and part of our multiculturalism.

What’s the problem.

Soccer likely to get a significant boost here as a result of the countries success at the World Cup.

Opening up the game to those children and adults who want to play it; making it available to parents who don’t want their kids injured and being part of a multi cultural community encouraging it’s youth to play a game that is familiar and part of our multiculturalism.

What’s the problem.

In the words of that great Australian philosopher Pauline Hanson, "I don't like it'.

So i got an email from RFC with a free ticket for the festival of footy, the gathering, in adelaide.

Im assuming that because they expect nobody will go

To richmond v sydney, In adelaide?

Personally, if im gonna Gather for the Footy,

I want to gather somewhere good

:help
That's terrific of the club @eZyT, you should accept. Can't wait for my invitation.
Couple of questions...... were they business class seats? Also, are they putting you up at the Adelaide Hilton for one night or two?

I do Adelaide 2 times per year when Victory play there. I’ve been there enough times to know there isn’t much else there. I might head down to Glenelg if I have an early flight in, but its almost always a smash and grab job nowadays (in and out inside 24 hours).

The central food market is good
That's terrific of the club @eZyT, you should accept. Can't wait for my invitation.
Couple of questions...... were they business class seats? Also, are they putting you up at the Adelaide Hilton for one night or two?

Nah qantas flights and a room at snowtown pub with a pie floater dinner included

• Haha
The central food market is good

Nah qantas flights and a room at snowtown pub with a pie floater dinner included
Snowtown pub eh..... once had a great chopsuey there.... I'm still wondering what was in it though!

Reactions: 1 users
Sokkah is not a threat to footy and will not be any time soon. And if that ever changes, that will be 20-30 years down the track.
So how many other countries worldwide have a national football competition that is not soccer???? There's a handful of countries play rugby in the union and league format n there's the Septics and Aussies who play their own stand alone national game. I doubt there's much else available.

Soccer may not have been much of a threat fifty years ago, but with all the multi cultural growth in Australian society and the global dominance of " the world game " sports like Aussie rules n American football have no choice but to winkle out every possible opportunity they can to survive let alone thrive. Why do you think the VFL / AFL has been so desperately expanding itself into a genuine national competition these last 30 years instead of just the old state based groups.

Yep, and burying their own announcement about next year's fixture under the world cup coverage contributes to the success of Australian Rules how?

Own goal.

DS
Nope. It gets noticed and discussed, even if derisively it's still popping up n being noticed in the middle of soccer's biggest world wide n all conquering event.

Nope. It gets noticed and discussed, even if derisively it's still popping up n being noticed in the middle of soccer's biggest world wide n all conquering event.

We'll have to disagree on this one, I reckon it got buried under the World Cup coverage and would have released the snippet of the fixture a couple of days later. Give time for the hoopla to die down, a bit of time for the analysis. World Cup over for Australia, draw attention back to AFL.

DS

I reckon it got buried under the World Cup coverage

DS
If it got buried, no-one would have noticed it, yet people are still banging on about it a week later. Bullseye hit dead centre with an absolute free hit.

If it got buried, no-one would have noticed it, yet people are still banging on about it a week later. Bullseye hit dead centre with an absolute free hit.

Not sure TM

Sure I am talking about it - that is the stupid, defensive, petty actions of the AFL - not the round 1 games that we should be focused on. I haven’t even looked at Rd 1 cause I know the tigers open against the blouse.

I am sick of the AFL drip feeding us games like we are a bunch of desperado’s - just release the draw ffs.

I am not a believer in the view that any press is good press. The AFL are just continuing to believe their sh!te don’t stink, they are so far up their arse end they are being smothered by their own bullish!te.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
The late release of the draw is a disaster at club land

Impacted membership sales, cash flow implications, by the time they pull their finger out no body will GAF

Amateur hour

What round of the AFL season is everyone talking about in December?

The one where Croatia beat Brazil, Argentina beat the Netherlands and France play England and Morocco play Portugal shortly.

If you really want proof of this, then consider the following: I just reeled that off the top of my head and I can't say what the games are in Round 1 next year apart from Richmond v Carlton (not even sure who's home game that is either). I think (?) we are playing South Melbourne in Adelaide in the TV Ratings round but no idea of any of the other games although I do know some are being played somewhere else in SA. Now, this is in the context of me being an AFL fan who has so little interest in soccer I don't even know how many teams are in the A League, and struggle to name more than the Melbourne teams (there are 3 now aren't there?).

I was at the market today and I was talking to one of the proprietors about the World Cup, we often talk footy but nothing, not a murmur about Australian Rules, totally off the agenda.

No, the AFL tactic of releasing the fixture at the same time as Australia was playing in the World Cup was a PR fail.

DS