Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
We should be getting Jack out of the fwd line and having Lynch go one way taking the smalls with him and Dusty the other.

Think the club is taking too long to transition Dusty into a majority forward like Mark Riccuito was (and won a brownie in the process).
Injuries to Cotch, Prestia, Caddy and Edwards not being available might be impacting the time he has to spend in the middle you think??

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Biggest positive of the night.
Got his hands dirty last night too. I think he took a bit of Tucky’s attitude in and went a bit in and under and got his own ball. Looked interested. Pity most others in the team are all out of form skill wise.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The One Man Team was on show last night.
He is just a beast.
The club should just drop Riewoldt and allow this bloke to captain the side.
Outstanding last night

No Dusty, no Richmond. And that is a worry.
He almost single handily carried us over the line.
Team performance? Pfffffft.
Need more from others at the moment.
Last night it was like he was one out.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
No Dusty, no Richmond. And that is a worry.
He almost single handily carried us over the line.
Team performance? Pfffffft.
Need more from others at the moment.
Last night it was like he was one out.

Well not quite sure of that. Basically 3 of our 4 starting midfield line-up for the majority of last year Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards were out. We won our previous 3 games admittedly against poorer teams without Dusty playing well. He did have a night out though last night and not a moment too soon as was beginning to worry about his form a bit.

Guys who went through our midfield last night included Bolton (21yo), Graham (22yo), Higgins (21yo) and 7-gamer Pickett. We have RCD, Ross, Dow, Martyn, Turner, English, Ralphsmith, Cumberland coming through. Obviously our future success is going to come out of some of these guys stepping up in the future. Martin's always going to be our jewel in the crown whilst he plays. Maybe one day Martyn will carry on where Martin has left off.

Last edited:

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Well not quite sure of that. Basically 3 of our 4 starting midfield line-up for the majority of last year Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards were out. We won our previous 3 games admittedly against poorer teams without Dusty playing well. He did have a night out though last night and not a moment too soon as was beginning to worry about his form a bit.

Guys who went through our midfield last night included Bolton (21yo), Graham (22yo), Higgins (21yo) and 7-gamer Pickett. We have RCD, Ross, Dow, Martyn, Turner, English, Ralphsmith, Cumberland coming through. Obviously our future success is going to come out of some of these guys stepping up in the future. Martin's always going to be our jewel in the crown whilst he plays. Maybe one day Martyn will carry on where Martin has left off.

Dusty actually did most of his best work playing in the forward half.
Where was Jack, Lynch, Rioli? Dual premiership players but nowhere last night.
Down the other end our defenders collectively had their worst games for a long time. Grimes, Vlas, Broad all beaten.
The point I was making ( although Shai was awesome ) is that Dusty was effectively a lone senior hand last night. Need others to lift whilst we wait for reinforcements to arrive.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Dusty actually did most of his best work playing in the forward half.
Where was Jack, Lynch, Rioli? Dual premiership players but nowhere last night.
Down the other end our defenders collectively had their worst games for a long time. Grimes, Vlas, Broad all beaten.
The point I was making ( although Shai was awesome ) is that Dusty was effectively a lone senior hand last night. Need others to lift whilst we wait for reinforcements to arrive.

Well all that I agree with. Dusty and Shai were brilliant and I personally found it hard to pick 3th to 5th in my votes. Hopefully Cotch is back on Wednesday. When do Edwards and Houli make their comebacks?

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The One Man Team was on show last night.
He is just a beast.
The club should just drop Riewoldt and allow this bloke to captain the side.
Outstanding last night
I agree that he would be a better captain than Jack but Jack stays.
Almost got our VFL team over the line against the crows last year at AO.
Dusty that is.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I feel he’s gonna have to have a better season than 2017 if we’re to feature at the pointy end.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
When the season gets serious , dusty will get serious
I'd say it's pretty serious now. We're 4-3-1 with the next 4 games against 5th, 2nd, 1st and 10th on the ladder. None of them at the MCG.

It is now time for Dusty and every Richmond player to get cracking. That said he did play very well on Friday.

We could well rue the Scumwood and Giants games later in the year.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I'd say it's pretty serious now. We're 4-3-1 with the next 4 games against 5th, 2nd, 1st and 10th on the ladder. None of them at the MCG.

It is now time for Dusty and every Richmond player to get cracking. That said he did play very well on Friday.

And the Hawthorn debacle.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
And the Hawthorn debacle.
We were never in that game from the start JB. Players appeared completely disinterested. The other 2 we clearly should have won as we dominated for most of both games.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I think it's the Melbourne game today we,ll rue. All those injuries. We covered them against the lesser sides but obviously it's harder against the better sides. If we had Cotch, Prestia, Nank and Dave in v GWS I'd like to think we'd have won and be sitting 3rd.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users