Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Merveille said:
I thought his effort was ok just couldnt get int it. Does not seem to want to have a shot from outside 50 any more. Whereas the Crows...

Yes, this was far from his best match, ineffective. The refusal to go for a long goal, not just Dusty, but our other players too who can get the distance, really drives me nuts. Instead they try to compulsively hit someone up with a dinky short pass which is frequently spoilt or becomes a turnover/goal against.
That's our nanny game plan.

What a contrast Crows are; they take it on and attack; go the outside 50 kicks and scored several. Has anyone told Dimma? - You win games when you outscore your opponents ... not by most turnovers!

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
yeah it was one of his worst for a while. However he has lifted us many times before when most others were down.

Has plenty of credits in the bank IMO.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
His first quarter was blistering. Fantastic. Something happened and he switched off.

Watching Walker have a set shot from 65m!!! - and a short while later, Dusty gets a kick from 55(?) and chips across goal to Adelaide's advantage. (How many goals did Adelaide kick from outside 50? 6?)

If he is following team rules, they stink.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Playing Dusty deep back and Chaplin as a forward. :help
Great coaching thinking outside the square

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
To be fair DH was trying to get a kicker, tried Lennon too, to bring the ball out of our backline and hit up a good target going I50. May have even worked as these guys kick superbly but neither is fast. That was excatly what Crows did so well to us, but with pace.
Probably aimimg to get more value from them too because making little impact elsewhere.

Everyone bags Chaplin but he actually surprised me up forward. Won contests, used his body and blocked opponents out, marked it and passed it well at times. More impact than some other forwards in last Q IMO. [15 Ps / 6 CP / 5M with 2 CM / 95.3 DE%]

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Not a great game. Maclure in one of his rare insights said that he was chasing possessions and that seemed to be correct. Spent a bit of time watching contests rather than trying to get involved. Hopefully it's just a one off.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tiger Ghost said:
Guess we now know why Dusty hasnt been going too great, he's been traveling back and forwards to NZ during the week!!

Apparently won't play tommorow

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
evo said:
yeah it was one of his worst for a while. However he has lifted us many times before when most others were down.

Has plenty of credits in the bank IMO.

yep

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
It seems absurd to name the bloke if we've planned to give him the Friday night off.