Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

The club cannot have it both ways, and neither can the player. Any player. If Martin is underperforming because of family issues then the club should make it clear to him that he is a professional well-paid footballer for the RFC and to pull the finger out. If not he should be dropped to the 2nds to earn his place back into the firsts. His father is not dying of cancer – he has made bad decisions in his life for which he needs to take responsibility for and his son along with the club need to get on with it for Christs sake.

Tigerdangerous said:
The club cannot have it both ways, and neither can the player. Any player. If Martin is underperforming because of family issues then the club should make it clear to him that he is a professional well-paid footballer for the RFC and to pull the finger out. If not he should be dropped to the 2nds to earn his place back into the firsts. His father is not dying of cancer – he has made bad decisions in his life for which he needs to take responsibility for and his son along with the club need to get on with it for Christs sake.

This is the same club that gave Rance an extra break over Xmas and after trading for Yarran they allowed him 8 weeks off
Then he came back looking like he ate a walrus

The RFC is so orientated to social and political correctness it makes me sick. Who at this $#%@1@2 club has the fire in their belly to draw a line in the sand and say we exist to win premierships and as a football club that is our sole aim. The players are treated with kitten mittens and the results are there for all to see. We are a train wreck out on the field and with the softly, softly approach to the prancing Tigers should you be surprised with a performance like tonight?

Bullarto Tiger said:
Not really contributing much for a supposed top-line player.
I appreciate that his personal circumstances must be weighing on hid mind, but I would like to think that the two hours of game day would be enough for him to switch off and release his frustrations out on the contested footy and opposition players.
Just seems to retreat into his shell far too often. Lacks consistency.

Its a strange one, he cant get near it. When he gets it he usually makes something happen but he is most often hands on hips sucking in the big ones or labouring on the defensive rebound.

Tigerdangerous said:
Not like he was living next door or anything previous to the latest occurance anyway. Was living a 1 hour flight away, now 3 hours.

Tigerdangerous said:
The RFC is so orientated to social and political correctness it makes me sick. Who at this $#%@1@2 club has the fire in their belly to draw a line in the sand and say we exist to win premierships and as a football club that is our sole aim. The players are treated with kitten mittens and the results are there for all to see. We are a train wreck out on the field and with the softly, softly approach to the prancing Tigers should you be surprised with a performance like tonight?

The RFC is the Greens of AFL football. All tree hugging and whale saving and do gooding and flower sniffing.

They do a lot of good. However, it might be time to start concentrating more on the core business of football. Just maybe. I mean, it is a football club.

Ridley said:
The RFC is the Greens of AFL football. All tree hugging and whale saving and do gooding and flower sniffing.

They do a lot of good. However, it might be time to start concentrating more on the core business of football. Just maybe. I mean, it is a football club.

Attachments

• ef5886f5.jpg
    ef5886f5.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
Ridley said:

Bulldust, we've go nowhere near as much go as sea shepherd, and those greenies who stand in fron of bulldozers? And standing up to big business? I wish

Hartbalme said:
Another poor performance. No excuses, he is a professional footballer.

As one of our best players, needs to get his stuff together and lift for the team.

I agree, Hb. It's like that time Mrs Gale was pregnant or lactating (I get confused). And then ew... Hampson.

Give him some time off and then trade to the Wellington Phoenix :hihi
Looks like he has 2 gorillas sitting on his back.
He needs time off.

Is there any truth in the local rumor mill that the Warriors (NRL) have been told to check out Dusty when he arrives in Auckland this morning?

rimau35 said:
Is there any truth in the local rumor mill that the Warriors (NRL) have been told to check out Dusty when he arrives in Auckland this morning?

We can trade him for Willy Telloualie

zippadeee said:
Give him some time off and then trade to the Wellington Phoenix :hihi
Looks like he has 2 gorillas sitting on his back.
He needs time off.

Cant they just play him in the fwd pocket like used to happen? In the u/12's.
His only job for 4 weeks is to try and kick goals.
That will be take some heat off him for a bit and he could kick a bag

He was pretty good to half time then disappeared. Some of the handballs to him were ridiculous though. Why handball to someone who has 3 players already hanging off him?

tigerlove said:
He was pretty good to half time then disappeared. Some of the handballs to him were ridiculous though. Why handball to someone who has 3 players already hanging off him?
Because you don't get pinged with the ball. It's called sharing the love the Richmond Way.