Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

He's been kicking the ball like a broken down cart horse ever since he returned. You don't lose the ability to kick the footy because you have a few weeks off. WTF is going on with his kicking??
I think you lose that ability when you're constantly knackered. He's just MILES off the pace. If he wasn't Dusty, he'd be back in the Ressies to get fit.

Reactions: 1 user
He's been kicking the ball like a broken down cart horse ever since he returned. You don't lose the ability to kick the footy because you have a few weeks off. WTF is going on with his kicking??
I told you last week he wasn’t fit Chimpley.

And he isn’t.

Reactions: 1 users
I was shocked when he missed that goal. But he has a couple of credits in the bank.

He seemed to get to where the ball is more tonight but his disposal was terrible. Not breaking tackles like he used to either.
He’s lost a yard right now. There’s been a bunch of times the last few weeks where he’s been closed down with the ball. That hardly ever happened before.

How can anybody be surprised that he's not as sharp with his skills as he usually would be? He'll gradually get it back as the season goes along.

Reactions: 4 users
Would be mad to try and persuade the champ to stay if he wanted to leave. We need the decent pick/player we might get and he needs a new challenge.

Would be mad to try and persuade the champ to stay if he wanted to leave. We need the decent pick/player we might get and he needs a new challenge.
I would say stop paying attention to the media drum up. It's a bunch of wild speculation based on nothing. Not even an "inside source" saying he wants to leave. Literally nothing.

Reactions: 4 users
Think people are forgetting Dusty aint getting any younger. While you can see his mind is still trying to do the freaky things his body isnt cooperating. Sadly we have seen the best of Dusty

Think people are forgetting Dusty aint getting any younger. While you can see his mind is still trying to do the freaky things his body isnt cooperating. Sadly we have seen the best of Dusty
Yeah, we've seen the best of him, but Dusty is capable of much more - just needs to be much fitter. It will come, but let's see how he's travelling in a month or so before we write him off.

Yeah, we've seen the best of him, but Dusty is capable of much more - just needs to be much fitter. It will come, but let's see how he's travelling in a month or so before we write him off.
Not writing him off just think ppl need to temper expectations and stop thinking we are going to see the Dusty of 2017.

I never ever want to see the champ ever leave punt rd. But if it came from him that he did want to move to Sydney for personal reasons then the trigger should be pulled whilst his value is still sky high. Sickening thought though.

Reactions: 3 users
I was shocked when he missed that goal. But he has a couple of credits in the bank.

I thought the world had slipped its moorings twice last night

Once when we led the free kicks

Then when dusty missed.

But dustys shadow of his former self, is twice as good as 95% of players

Reactions: 2 users
Had a really poor night.
Not his fault.
Do they drop in the cricket pitch on the SCG.
Because Dusty was slipping and sliding in the first half and that snap was very industry like.

I don't agree. I think he's just a bit unfit from the layoff. If he wants it, he's got 3 or 4 years left at if not his full peak, not far off.

Reactions: 2 users