Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Good to see Dusty continuing his humble ways. The boys were out to dinner Monday night at my friend's restaurant. He cleared the plates and took them to the kitchen for washing. Heard a rumour he washed dishes too - but maybe that was someone taking the story further...

Reactions: 7 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Good to see Dusty continuing his humble ways. The boys were out to dinner Monday night at my friend's restaurant. He cleared the plates and took them to the kitchen for washing. Heard a rumour he washed dishes too - but maybe that was someone taking the story further...
Did he use cutlery or chopsticks at this particular restaurant?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
That would be good as well, I just want to see him 60% midfield minimum and ideally 75%. Otherwise I can't see us winning the flag.
I think this talk of him predominately playing as a forward as BS. He will play the role he has always played.

Reactions: 10 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I think this talk of him predominately playing as a forward as BS. He will play the role he has always played.
Let 'em think it.

I'd love to see him start in the guts for the first bounce against Cartoon and play 75% mid.

Oh, and kick a lazy 3 snags while snoozing up forward :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
That would be good as well, I just want to see him 60% midfield minimum and ideally 75%. Otherwise I can't see us winning the flag.

Lets just worry about beating Carlton without Sam Walsh first, otherwise it doesn't matter if Dustin averages 30 and 5 for the season.

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I remember Dimma saying in the past that it is Dusty himself who predominately decides how much time he spends on ball and forward during a game. Depends on how he feels and whether he can see a match up he likes in the forward line.
Hopefully that won't change

Reactions: 5 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I remember Dimma saying in the past that it is Dusty himself who predominately decides how much time he spends on ball and forward during a game. Depends on how he feels and whether he can see a match up he likes in the forward line.
Hopefully that won't change

True and I think that was fine when he was predominantly playing midfield but I'm not sure it works the other way.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Two of the media types who were on that bandwagon were the Richmond reverse barometers … Kane Cornes and Damian Barrett
Both are not convinced that recruiting Hopper and Taranto was the right thing for us so good times are ahead :cool:

This is always a funny read. 2 of the biggest clowns in the AFL media industry trying to tell the Tigers how to change things up back in 2016.

Old Kano defo has some sort of grind with Cotch. Even back then he was bagging him, but everytime he does Cotch comes out and proves him wrong time and time again.

BTW the funniest part of this article is Point 2 - Establish a Vision. We already had one, but they refused to believe it. 100k members and 3 Premierships, but even funnier was comparing us to those constant failures in the Saints.

"ONCE the review is complete, King says the Tigers need to establish a firm vision of where the club is going.

St Kilda made perhaps the most public statement of its vision when it outlined the club’s blueprint for a premiership before 2020 back in 2014."

That worked out well, ignore Benny's vision but praising the Saints. Remind me again, which vision was successful and which failed?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
This is always a funny read. 2 of the biggest clowns in the AFL media industry trying to tell the Tigers how to change things up back in 2016.

Old Kano defo has some sort of grind with Cotch. Even back then he was bagging him, but everytime he does Cotch comes out and proves him wrong time and time again.

BTW the funniest part of this article is Point 2 - Establish a Vision. We already had one, but they refused to believe it. 100k members and 3 Premierships, but even funnier was comparing us to those constant failures in the Saints.

"ONCE the review is complete, King says the Tigers need to establish a firm vision of where the club is going.

St Kilda made perhaps the most public statement of its vision when it outlined the club’s blueprint for a premiership before 2020 back in 2014."

That worked out well, ignore Benny's vision but praising the Saints. Remind me again, which vision was successful and which failed?
And they actually get paid to come up with such inane crap. It must be the easiest job in the world.
Cornes and co handle more *smile* that many a shitcan collector in days gone by.
Heres the skinny, anorexic, wrinkle rat-faced,5 minute fireman who couldn’t kick half as far as Tony Shaw with his media colleagues

96DCBB7F-2AD0-468D-95C6-DCF1B493B536.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Interesting that KMc posted a photo on Insta of a “mids” dinner catch up.
Notable attendees were Trent Cotchin and Shorty.
No DMartin to be seen

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
How can we not win the premiership

Fwd : Lynch - Riewoldt - Bolton - Martin - Cumberland - MRj

Mid: Cotchin - Taranto - Hopper - Sonsie - Prestia - Pickett - Short - Mc Intosh - Graham

Def : Tarrant - Balta - Grimes - Vlastuin - Rioli - Baker - Broad

Ruck : Nankervis - Miller - Soldo

We are locked & loaded

• Haha
  • Love

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Was that on the road for community camp

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
The catch for me is he has to be playing genuine midfield minutes as first priority.

I actually think the idea that he can be a purely effective forward is a bit of a fallacy, if teams can set up for him then it is a big challenge being a 187cm forward.

He needs to have the extra advantage of disorganising the defence and making them find him, to be his most effective and then creating a match up with someone his size but not his strength.

Really good article by Robbo on the champ just appeared on the Herald Sun.

Dermott Brereton talks about the point I was making above.

Interesting to note his time split was 63/37 midfield from 17-20 and 42/58 forward in 21-22. I'd like to see a return to the 63/37.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Interesting to note his time split was 63/37 midfield from 17-20 and 42/58 forward in 21-22. I'd like to see a return to the 63/37.
Yep, the Dusty one's just as deadly controlling through midfield n delivering into our forwards as he is playing deep forward. The advantage is that he and the team are less predictable midfield.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Robbo the Blobbo is somewhat confused about our Dusty.
Not surprised really, but he cannot stop writing about him.

Of all the players in the competition, the most intriguing is Dustin Martin.

He is physically fit, but that’s not the query. How mentally fit is he? At 31, turning 32 in June, do the hunger games still arouse him.

Martin’s been a phenomenal player, probably ahead of Chris Judd, Gary Ablett and Lance Franklin as the best this century. Clearly, he’s the best finals player and isn’t that what it’s about?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users