Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Older players can decline pretty quickly. still 15 games to go. i don't see the logic.
Yeah, they can. But he's also a very seasoned and respected leader of the team. You need those types around to bring up the next batch of defenders. They can do that on the field or at training.

If the club has decided they want Grimes around next year for that leadership and mentoring, regardless of whether his an automatic starter or not, then they are happy. Grimes is happy. Why wait? The club could very well be aware of which senior leaders we will lose at the end of the year and feel that we don't want to lose more.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, they can. But he's also a very seasoned and respected leader of the team. You need those types around to bring up the next batch of defenders. They can do that on the field or at training.

If the club has decided they want Grimes around next year for that leadership and mentoring, regardless of whether his an automatic starter or not, then they are happy. Grimes is happy. Why wait? The club could very well be aware of which senior leaders we will lose at the end of the year and feel that we don't want to lose more.

It also means we know how much we are paying him which is important when thinking about salary cap and whether we go for a free agent.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Best game he has played all year. Got his mojo back and marshalled the backline.

Captains game.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
He has been a great servant but very concerned this is going to be a long year for Grimsey.
Timing is out, aerobatic capacity dimmed, decision making dubious, and is now elite at ball butchery.
Really should have used this year to go out with head held reasonably high, a la Dave Astbury.
Instead has convinced himself and then somehow the List Management team that he’s worthy of going around again next year.
Even if Blair was contemplating indulging Dylan, the decision time was at seasons end, not R8.
The contract for next year was a bad call.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Take captaincy off him and Nank for 2024. I can't see any real leadership from him as Chimp shows players during games. Did he go up to Mansell before his kick for goal for some confidence and advice???

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Prestia just pipped him for worst on ground. I lost count how many times he kicked it on the full or to the opposition.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Who gave him another years contract . Seriously he is shot
Kicking is terrible
Going to get embarrassing as the season goes on
Then for another year
Dave Astbury .Jason Castagna and Shaun Grigg all knew there time was up and never went for one last time
Others , yep it’s all about being “ rewarded “ for another year of $400k plus
Enough said

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Who gave him another years contract . Seriously he is shot
Kicking is terrible
Going to get embarrassing as the season goes on
Then for another year
Dave Astbury .Jason Castagna and Shaun Grigg all knew there time was up and never went for one last time
Others , yep it’s all about being “ rewarded “ for another year of $400k plus
Enough said
Maybe he's shaved some money off a couple of contracts, and that's our"make good" - one final year he wasn't going to get to give back the cash he'd given back to us (presumably for a free agent, or to help retain someone).
I can't think of another reason we signed him so early into the year, based off what he's been showing.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Did he go up to Mansell before his kick for goal for some confidence and advice???
Grub might have been down the other end of the ground at the time. There's experienced mature forwards n mid / forwards would have been up close could have had a quiet word to help relax Nigel.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Grub might have been down the other end of the ground at the time. There's experienced mature forwards n mid / forwards would have been up close could have had a quiet word to help relax Nigel.
Don't often see Grimes 30m from our end. If I was on the ground I would have given Mansell the calm down.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I thought he had a brilliant game.No coincidence that Green got on the scorers sheet when Grimes was off injured.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Grimesy was on SEN this morning handling a few curly questions.

Mini has his vote. Breath of fresh air, good strategist & has freed the players up a bit.

The players relate to him as he started at the club as a player. They want to do well for him & believe he has been a coach in waiting for a long time.

He personally has been re-enegised.

Need to aim to win every game from here.

Not sure if Dimma will take any players with him but rare that a coach leaves on such good terms with a club.

They will council MJ but didn't make a big deal about it.

Lost 30% of his grapes due to birds.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Grimesy is an interesting one & he doesn't get discussed much.
Like early in his career he seems to have gone back to playing largely as a stopper.
He's still doing that effectively but his intercept marking & offensive game has dropped off significantly this season.

Would he play ahead of Tylar Young now?

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Grimesy is an interesting one & he doesn't get discussed much.
Like early in his career he seems to have gone back to playing largely as a stopper.
He's still doing that effectively but his intercept marking & offensive game has dropped off significantly this season.

Would he play ahead of Tylar Young now?
Not for mine.
This year should be his last.
Hopefully he comes to his senses and tells Blair to tear up the 2024 extension.