End Of Year Trade ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

End Of Year Trade ?

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Heath Scotland wont come to the Tigers, more likely Carlton.
Rodan will be offered as a trade next year.
I think he is a DUD ! and thats my opinion.
Runs at a million miles per hour, players up forward are on leads, and what does Roadn do, kicks to the top of the square, enough is enough.
Also is defensive skills of his game are suspect, compare him to Andrew Krak, watch both of them tackle, you see what I mean, at least Krak puts pressure of them, Rodan, not enough pressure on the opposition ball carrier.
Compare him to the Norths young gun Wells.
Also I might add the reason he played all games cause there is NOBODY else, what you want KINGY back ,do we ?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
The Boss said:
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.

Expect him to be one of our marketed players next season (together with Cogs).

Exactly right Boss are you on the members forum too? ;)

Seriously though Rodan will not be traded.

Regarding players from other clubs the focus needs to be on players under the age of 24-25. Those that you can get at least 7 seasons out of. Not blokes coming to the end of their careers (3 seasons left). If they are serious about rebuilding why would you take a 29y.o. and get rid of a 19y.o.

The Scotlands, Powers, Stevens and Murphy types are what we need to look at when thinking about established players.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
KL - I'm not on the Member's Forum, it's what I have heard let's say "around the traps".

Jackstar - I'm surprised you think Rodan is a dud. I don't group him with the likes of King, Hyde, Mills, Houla, Bidders etc who are the real duds of RFC. Rodan has got more talent then these guys combined. Sure he can be frustrating at times when he tries to take too many players on and he can be a little selfish, but I wouldn't call him a dud. Others on this forum are suggesting he may be a future captain (I disagree however). Just shows how our opinions can vary on players we watch on a weekly basis.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Koalalill said:
The Boss said:
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.

Expect him to be one of our marketed players next season (together with Cogs).

Exactly right Boss are you on the members forum too? ;)

Seriously though Rodan will not be traded.

Regarding players from other clubs the focus needs to be on players under the age of 24-25. Those that you can get at least 7 seasons out of. Not blokes coming to the end of their careers (3 seasons left). If they are serious about rebuilding why would you take a 29y.o. and get rid of a 19y.o.

The Scotlands, Powers, Stevens and Murphy types are what we need to look at when thinking about established players.

Spot on KL, its going to take about 3 years to sort the list out, so if we trade, it needs to be for picks or players under 24 who will still in their prime in 3 years time

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
We are going NO WHERE with the current list of players. Everyone is tradable.
We traded our club captain in 1994/1995. and we made the finals in that year, isnt that strange.
The current list is not working, people must except change.
David Rodan is very tradable ,I can assure you of that !
Why accept mediocracy ? As thats what most people on this forum are doing !

P

PuntRoadRoar

let's all just stop and think about this shall we?

rodan and bowden for beaumont and hulme, that is a joke surely, main reason being were talking about trading with a team that has performed worse than us for the past 2 seasons

if this trade happens i will dump 2 loads of chicken manure at D.Fraudleys house, then top it off with a nice big pile of pig crap at the front door step.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
I can only tell you what I have been told, I think you should drop it at Britains joint and not Frawleys.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
The Boss said:
KL - I'm not on the Member's Forum, it's what I have heard let's say "around the traps".

The Boss - me thinks your traps are very reliable ;D ::) ;D ;)

GoldCoastTiger

Where do we go from here?
Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
Im new here but find the trade discussion interesting. I guess everyone is up for trade if the right offer comes along, and the best clubs will be trading quality players for early draft picks to ease financial pressure.
But i cant see them trading Richo, for a start theyd be afraid of even more membership losses.
Rodan will most likely stay, unless a proven plaer from a successful club is offered, as well as early draft pick, giving up ours.
Ben Holland, I think they will have to hold on to him. He was developing into a good backmam before injury, he needs a full pre-season. And we need a backman like he was becoming.
Bowden has to be the most obvious trade-bait, Richmond could get a very good player for him.
Rogers will go too.
Will Duncan Kellaway retire? Freeing up more space on the list?
I wish I knew what players from other clubs were available.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Whats the use of being a markered player when you cant influence a game off your own boot.
Marketed players are the Wayne Carreys, James Hirds ,Shane Crawfords, and the Vosses of this world ,not the David Rodans

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
jackstar said:
Whats the use of being a markered player when you cant influence a game off your own boot.
Marketed players are the Wayne Carreys, James Hirds ,Shane Crawfords, and the Vosses of this world ,not the David Rodans

By marketing Jackstar we (I) are talking about what players will used in the marketing of the Club - to the members for example. The Boss was just highlighting that the Club will be focusing on the youngsters (the future - get it :D) and not the Richo's Cambo's and Gaspers.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Wouldnt be getting the printing presses working yet, might be embrassing for the club !

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Rodan just like any player is tradeable if the right deal comes up, but I'd like to get something much better than Darren Hulme for him

As for the marketing, hopefully next years membership brochures and cards feature guys like Rodan, Coughlan, Newman and Zantuck

I've got enough membership cards with Richo on them, time for something new

GoldCoastTiger

Where do we go from here?
Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
Its amazing, and worrying, all this talk about carlton players. Havent we done enough already with fleming!
They surely must be motivated and set in motion by Wayne Britain. He a man who coached Carlton to their worst ever season. And now we are trading because of him?? Scary :-[
If we take any carlton players i would give up hope for a few years more. Retire Fleming anyway.
No Hulme or Beumont though. Pehaps Kouta,cheaply, or Campereale, or Lappin.. but no others pleeeeeeeeease :-\

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
draga fiora hall hilton holland krakouer mcgrath rodan they are all reasonably rated at the club but they all have one thing in common they dont get their hands on the footy enough this fact alone makes them tradeable ask yourself how many of them would get a REGULAR game at most other clubs especially top 8 clubs my own guess is none of them. brisbane, port, adelaide, are the yard sticks of the comp these guys would be lucky to make their list yet alone their top 22

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
If that rade went through we would be an even bigger laughing stock than we are already. That is ridiculous.l Two odler palyrs for a yougn future midfielder who has a lot of ability but is stil lyong and serving an apprenticeship as Frawley calls it, and Bowden who i want to go but want more than that. Beaumont and hulme are good players, but that trade would be a joke.

Rodan has future leadership potential, i ahve no idea why anyoen would want him gone. He is oyunfg and wil lbe good.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
shawry said:
If that rade went through we would be an even bigger laughing stock than we are already. That is ridiculous.l Two odler palyrs for a yougn future midfielder who has a lot of ability but is stil lyong and serving an apprenticeship as Frawley calls it, and Bowden who i want to go but want more than that. Beaumont and hulme are good players, but that trade would be a joke.

Rodan has future leadership potential, i ahve no idea why anyoen would want him gone. He is oyunfg and wil lbe good.

I agree Shawry.

PS: Have you ever thought about starting a Secretarial business? Your typing skills are phenomenal ;D ;D ;D