English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Luis Diaz says hi

Also get Harvey Elliott back & now have a full fit squad

Yeah, that's good. The point is that there is a backlog of fixtures due to covid, there is the FA Cup, Champions League, etc. That's a lot of games, and this is where Citeh have a decided advantage. Liverpool have a great first team but then it falls away relative to MC.

Just wait and see Mr Thylacine

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looks like hooliganism isn't exactly over in the UK all due to this d-head Leicester fan attacking Forest players.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah, at a Nottingham pub. Nothing better to do the pricks.
When I was living in the UK (long time ago), it was crazy what these idiots would get up to. Pretty sure its not as bad now, but still a ways to go clearly.

You'll note those Leicester fans are what they call "casuals" i.e. dressed casually with no colours on. That's not so much because they're too gutless to wear colours for fear of being belted, its because they're less identifiable when they do loser crap like this. They are the worst of "supporters" at clubs these casuals.

Reactions: 1 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
When I was living in the UK (long time ago), it was crazy what these idiots would get up to. Pretty sure its not as bad now, but still a ways to go clearly.

You'll note those Leicester fans are what they call "casuals" i.e. dressed casually with no colours on. That's not so much because they're too gutless to wear colours for fear of being belted, its because they're less identifiable when they do loser crap like this. They are the worst of "supporters" at clubs these casuals.
I’ll add, it was also part of the peculiar subculture that developed in the so called ‘golden years’ of organised football hooliganism in the 1970s and 80s. Working class lads dressed in expensive designer brands, getting around looking to punch, kick, stab or belt with blunt instruments other working class lads also dressed in the latest expensive designer labels. There was a baffling deliberate irony to it.

On another note. Enjoying watching Forest’s FA cup run. Not doing terribly in the Championship either. They have been building for a few years at Championship level, showing signs that they may (like Leeds), rise from the dead and end their long absence from the top flight. Would really like to see them back. Have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I’ll add, it was also part of the peculiar subculture that developed in the so called ‘golden years’ of organised football hooliganism in the 1970s and 80s. Working class lads dressed in expensive designer brands, getting around looking to punch, kick, stab or belt with blunt instruments other working class lads also dressed in the latest expensive designer labels. There was a baffling deliberate irony to it.

On another note. Enjoying watching Forest’s FA cup run. Not doing terribly in the Championship either. They have been building for a few years at Championship level, showing signs that they may (like Leeds), rise from the dead and end their long absence from the top flight. Would really like to see them back. Have a bit of a soft spot for them.
Same here PT. They haven't been in the EPL this century yet.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Given the strained history between Leeds and Brian Clough. I wonder if the Leeds fans use the same chant at Nigel Clough as they do at Darren Ferguson (Sir Alex’s son)?

are there any current father/sons we could use that on? 90k Tiger supported filling the G singing in unison would be beautiful.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
are there any current father/sons we could use that on? 90k Tiger supported filling the G singing in unison would be beautiful.
I find it interesting that when a lot of English people are asked of their impressions of Australians. While you don’t hear the old silly cliches of cork hats, 6 foot 4 bronzed muscle men etc. There is still this idea that by English standards we swear lots, get drunk lots, are generally a bit more forward, gruff and uncouth etc.

What this says to me is that English people still don’t really mix outside their own social class or region. These kind of responses I would suggest are from middle class Londoners and southerners who don’t seem to have much exposure outside their own bubble.

My experience in the north and impressions of northerners - particularly working class northerners. They swear, drink, fight, banter etc far more than Australians. It’s a whole more intense level. Probably outdo us in the gruff, uncouth stakes. You wouldn’t see organised chants of this level of crassness at an AFL match, and it would be probably newsworthy if you did. In the UK it doesn’t really bat an eyelid. All part and parcel of the banter. Obviously at the soccer in the UK you see the dial really turned up, but it’s not entirely something that isn’t part of the general culture.

Probably why I found in general, the northern working to lower middle class lads and lasses more relatable than Londoners and southerners. Perhaps the culture is closer? That said, working class east enders and Essex types probably share similar characteristics to the northerners. But not a lot of self awareness among the Brits that this is likely the case, where much animosity seems to be held between the north and south.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Take that Spurms !!!! 0-2 on their own turf. What a savior Conte is. Go through more managers than Telstra.

Go Wolvies !!

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, game on Taz. I stand corrected. Big game between Pool and Citeh could decide it this season.