English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Re: 2010/2011 English Premier League

TigerForce said:
What the hell is Dicko doing on the panel??
Yeh. WTF is that all about?!?

Seems to be if you have a slight pommy accent in this country you're suddenly considered a FA expert.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

Harry said:
arsenal trying to constantly thread the eye of the needle. use the flanks ffs !!
Fabregas passing was sublime.

If Rosicky could finish he would be a gun, much like the recent typical Richmond player.

Defence still suspect.

IrockZ

Tiger Champion
Jul 18, 2007

evo said:
Yeh. WTF is that all about?!?

Seems to be if you have a slight pommy accent in this country you're suddenly considered a FA expert.

Have you bothered to actually listen to him? Did a decent job imo and sounded pretty passionate.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

He did make a good observation that ManU's pitch was a bit patchy.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

Brilliantly harsh headline in the English rags on the Rooney saga.

No Women No Kai.

Eat the rich

Jacky boy's done it again...
Nov 2, 2007
www.drfollicles.com.au

Harry said:
He did make a good observation that ManU's pitch was a bit patchy.

More like his recollection of it is a bit patchy :hihi

Looks like Everton didn't match manures contribution to the refs ' end of year trip away fund', no favours from the refs final whistle for the toffees. Maybe he just decided the wrath of moyes Vs. a frothing ferguson was a safer bet for his career.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

We love Cesc Fabregas!

They guy is a star! Nice clinic by The Gunners last night.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

Elmer said:
If Rosicky could finish he would be a gun, much like the recent typical Richmond player.
why-oh-why did Rosicky take the penalty? Madness,

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

ok, finally finally finally, after sitting on the fence for all these years, i have finally got my sh!t together and decided on which EPL team to follow. it was a choice between Everton, Man City, Tottenham and Arsenal... in the end the winner is Tottenham Hotspur.
my reasons are:
1. they share the same colours as melbourne victory
2. they are heading in the right direction with champions league qualification and the signing of some quality players
3. being based in london was a factor (as im heading there next year)
4. their secondary nickname also matches my surname (albeit missing an L).
so yeah, GO SPURS!!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

why does wenger persist with clichy and sagna as his full backs when he has gibbs and eboue. sagna and clichy can't deliver a decent cross and clichy is way too error prone in defence. gibbs and eboue imo are a much better option and create much more in an attacking sense.

arsenal players are made of glass - fabregas added to the injury list to join vanpersie, theo, bendtner, vermaelen, ramsey, diaby - already after 5 games. there is nothing new here and wenger must be aware of how fragile some of his main players are.

this side ways pass the parcel game plan will not win us trophies. we need to attack more down the flanks and stretch the opposition. we attack too narrow down the middle and good teams just need to remain compact in defence and hit us on the counter. besides rosicky and theo (who are made out of very fragile glass) all our midfielders are pure central midfielders who's game revolves around taking possession, shielding the ball, and knocking it about. none can really attack defenders and/or use the wings to stretch the defence and bring in a decent cross.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

Geeze, Chelsea were sublime in the first half. Now that Kalou and Malouda have come good and Essien is finally fit we have so many goal scoring options. :)

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005

evo said:
Geeze, Chelsea were sublime in the first half. Now that Kalou and Malouda have come good and Essien is finally fit we have so many goal scoring options. :)
No doubt they have been impressive but haven't played a half decent side yet. However look pretty scary at the momment.

I had both Malouda and Kalou (and Essien) in my initial dreamteam but axed them both. Malouda is absolutely flying at the moment and is hurting me bigtime.

Essien is just about my favourite player in the comp, excluding Cesc of course. Hard as nails and quality footballer.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Spurs just ticking along. I think Arry is just trying to juggle the roster and not burn anyone before Christmas.

With Dawson and Defoe out for the next two months it is going to be a challenge. Like that Hutton boy but Arry's call of him being another Gareth Bale was a bit rich.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Ian4 said:
ok, finally finally finally, after sitting on the fence for all these years, i have finally got my sh!t together and decided on which EPL team to follow. it was a choice between Everton, Man City, Tottenham and Arsenal... in the end the winner is Tottenham Hotspur.
my reasons are:
1. they share the same colours as melbourne victory
2. they are heading in the right direction with champions league qualification and the signing of some quality players
3. being based in london was a factor (as im heading there next year)
4. their secondary nickname also matches my surname (albeit missing an L).
so yeah, GO SPURS!!!

Well done. I have tried to pick a team to follow, but I just can't do it.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Streak said:
Follow Arsenal streaker. When they win it is good when they lose you come here and be entertained by Harry. :)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Streak said:

i know. i found it a really hard call to make... but i was sick of sitting on the fence. and i didn't wanna be labelled as a bandwagoner by picking a manure or chelsea. now i'll have to start iq'ing spurs games to get a better understanding of our squad and formations. at least we've got off to a better start this year for once. and i'll have to do my utmost to get a ticket to white hart lane when i'm london next year