English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

Re: 2010/2011 English Premier League

Believe it or not Carlos Maradonna beats Chelsea 1-0.

Meanwhile controversy at Anfield........and we criticise umpires ;D

Blue Moon...........................................you saw me standing alone................. :clap

Dissapointing day on my first trip of the season to Emirates. West Brom played some pretty good stuff but the Gunners looked impotent until Jack Wilshere came on. Bit of a worry when you need an 18 year old to come on to show some drive.

Missed a massive chance with City knocking off Chelsea.

How good is Van Der Vaart? At $8 mil he looks like a fantastic piece of business by 'Arry. He and Crouch look like they have been together for years.

And Lennon just starting to get back to some form. Coys!

Manure draw nil all away to Sunderland. Can't wait for tonights massive derby. The chavs have beaten the gunners in the last three premiership games and haven't lost two in a row for 159 games! We will need to bring our A game. Cesc, Almunia Walcott and Gibbs were recently added to the injury list which will make it hard away from home, and coupled with Drogba's record of 12 goals from 12 games against Arsenal, I think we will be up against it. But you never know. GO ARSENAL

Chelsea 4 Arsenal 0. No chance.

SCOOP said:
How good is Van Der Vaart? At $8 mil he looks like a fantastic piece of business by 'Arry.
Had been linked with Arsenal since last summer and strong word he was coming this transfer window. Can't believe the old geezer got him to Spurs. A quality, quality player.

Anyone doing a PL dream team get him in quick smart.

snaps truly said:
Crap. Is that a full time score?
No, just Harry shining his normal ray of light.

Missed a sitter early and dominated the play for most of the second half. Still suspect at the back against the real good sides.

Chelsea has conceded two goals for the season so far. Will be hard to beat.

And how bad are Liverpool?

Elmer said:
Chelsea has conceded two goals for the season so far. Will be hard to beat.
Man. Citay are the real deal I reckon. It would be nice to see them finish over Man U. (Just not over us)

[And how bad are Liverpool?
Relegationpool. Good times. :)

Great avatar by the way dude.

same old arsenal - like to play pass the parcel from box to box but have no idea in either penalty box. chelsea had full control of the game and just let arsenal play their "beautiful game" and hit them on the counter - easy 3 points.

Elmer said:
Missed a sitter early and dominated the play for most of the second half. Still suspect at the back against the real good sides.

And how bad are Liverpool?

"Dominated"? You sound like Arsene "I live in a world of my own" Wenger. I hope teams dominate against us like that all season.

And how bad are Liverpool? Real bad. Few of their players would get a game for the top 4 teams - Torres, Gerrard, Reina and that's that.

Harry said:
same old arsenal - like to play pass the parcel from box to box but have no idea in either penalty box. chelsea had full control of the game and just let arsenal play their "beautiful game" and hit them on the counter - easy 3 points.

Spot on. Although they looked a little more threatening than last year they still lack that cutting edge. In fairness they'd be a different proposition with RVP and Walcott fit and firing.

Harry said:

Haven't been the same since Henry left

Liverpool = SOLD

It is going to court as those 2 filthy fat Pri*ks have opposed the sale and tried to remove 2 out of the 5 man board so they could suit their own agenda.

Liverpool sold to John Henry, majority owner of the Boston Red Sox.Speaking as a Red Sox fan, fantastic outcome for the Reds IMO.

Pros
- Understood the history of the Red Sox, but didn't let that drag down decision making
- Lets the operation people do their job - very much hands off
- Hires good people in key posts
- Financially literate - willing to splash the cash for the right people
- Handles difficult situations well. Getting rid of Manny and Pedro Martinez had the hallmarks of ugly bust up, but their departures went well.
- Not egocentric. the focus will not be on him whilst he the owner
- Disciplined once the plan and strategy is established re player and list management

From the little i've seen of him on TV (very much a background man) seems genuine.

Good luck Scousers - got lucky IMO.

SCOOP said:
How good is Van Der Vaart? At $8 mil he looks like a fantastic piece of business by 'Arry. He and Crouch look like they have been together for years.

And Lennon just starting to get back to some form. Coys!

he's brilliant. magnificent left foot. spurs looking good once we get out full squad back

Don't watch much soccer by watched most of this EPL season, why don't City play Adebayor more up front next to Tevez? Because of his attitude issues? He seems to give them much more flair and opportunity. Also Adam Johnson seems better than some of their defensive midfield types they have rolling through there that don't set-up any plays. Could probably go from a good side to a great side if they start them not use them as impact subs?

Ian4 said:
he's brilliant. magnificent left foot. spurs looking good once we get out full squad back

you'd think the spuds would be half decent with the millions they've spent over the years.

Harry said:
you'd think the spuds would be half decent with the millions they've spent over the years.

Pfft.