Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm interested to know who takes over from him at the AFL...?

Can anyone confirm what I thought I read the other day, that Ned Guy.... (the knucklehead from Collingwood) is the bloke in charge of working out the draft compensation of free agents?

Please, someone tell me I dreamt that shjt...!
Ch 7 reckon Figgy is an option.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
He hasn’t been appointed yet. Scott that is. So……how does this work?? Everyone else has been interviewed over the last 2-3 weeks. Some more than once. Scott interviews today and is expected to be appointed tomorrow?? A less than 24 he period between one interview and being appointed??? Jesus…….
All rushed and hope it fails again.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The Bummers just keep on giving. Go through a process of interviewing a bunch of people, short listing for 2nd interviews. All while flirting with B Scott and the same day Scott opens his legs, they're straight in and it's consummated.
:mhihi Yep, that's how you they do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
All rushed and hope it fails again.
It’s being reported that Essendon spoke to Scott 3 weeks ago. Not an interview just an informal chat.

I don’t think he actually interviewed at all. Dwayne Russell said that Essendon pitched to Scott and basically told him the job was his if he wanted

Reactions: 1 user

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Wow. Good luck to him. He still has the “Essendon” faction sitting there…..seething that Hird is not in……waiting…..waiting….to stick the knife in. I hope he made it clear that if he is given the lemonade and sars before the end of his contract he will be PAID IN FULL……

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Hahaha

Thorough process - interviewed formally this afternoon, the board then somehow ratifies the appointment instantly and there is an article in the age at 5.30pm announcing it.

Only at the bumbers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
AFL general manager of football Brad Scott so privy to everything at AFL house
All future rule changes, salary cap increases etc is now Bummers coach
Shouldve stood out of football for at least 2 years if he wanted to coach again
Now ex Pussy Bartel wants to take over as AFL General manager of football making sure Pussies are once again well looked after

Reactions: 7 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It's a good get, I reckon.

Outside of Ross Lyon he is clearly the best experienced coach.

Id like an empirical justification on this one BR.

Left north suddenly after a decade in control:

Replacement had a nervous breakdown in year 1:

Recurrent spoons:

AFL implement basketcase intervention.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
4 year deal for Pepper I heard. He's as tuff as his twin bro Salty.....but so was Worsfold.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The AFL's loss is Essendon's gain. Did an outstanding job as head of Football with the AFL, long list of achievements (not sure what they are but I'm told they're good), and left his former club North Melbourne in fantastic shape, just a quality football person and an inspiring speaker.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It’s being reported that Essendon spoke to Scott 3 weeks ago. Not an interview just an informal chat.

I don’t think he actually interviewed at all. Dwayne Russell said that Essendon pitched to Scott and basically told him the job was his if he wanted
Yep bombers scraping the bottom of the barrel. Hird would have been a better choice.

Reactions: 1 users