Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Getting the old band back together! Bomber T would fit in as well

I hope Sheedy gets Hird back at the club, especially if it annoys the players that are still there from the drug saga.
I really want to see them wallowing in mediocrity for a lot longer.
Back to the future? Surely there is room for a role for Jab Watson too? (Not sure a golden media career beckons!)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
#Essendon't

Hey lets bring the disease back in ...great idea Sheeds.

This club is reaching and clutching, and drowning.

They are dire and going nowhere until they seriously wipe the slate clean, new board, new list new culture.

Fantastic, there arrogance is offensive even after everything they've done, Sheedy should be in a Geriatric Ward, he is irrelevant now and is nothing more than a caricature of his former self.

Long may they wallow in mediocrity from self indulgence.

Rutten and Blake have tried to address the clubs culture from reports and get blokes to play roles ala Tigers footy.

Problem is their list is full of mercenaries who are used to running the joint, and didnt want to have it then there is also Woosha who checked out long before he left.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Sheeds’ top idea for the first board meeting will be the resurrection of the Eureka Game with North. What a blockbuster!

We should give them the arse from the Dreamtime Game; they don’t deserve it.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Hey lets bring the disease back in ...great idea Sheeds.

This club is reaching and clutching, and drowning.

They are dire and going nowhere until they seriously wipe the slate clean, new board, new list new culture.

Fantastic, there arrogance is offensive even after everything they've done, Sheedy should be in a Geriatric Ward, he is irrelevant now and is nothing more than a caricature of his former self.

Long may they wallow in mediocrity from self indulgence.

Rutten and Blake have tried to address the clubs culture from reports and get blokes to play roles ala Tigers footy.

Problem is their list is full of mercenaries who are used to running the joint, and didnt want to have it then there is also Woosha who checked out long before he left.

Tend to agree , sheedys time is history ,

It Just makes them look directionless that they have to go back to him When all else is failing

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Interesting no one on here has mentioned Dan Richardson. Prior to Balme's arrival I thought he was subpar. Balme came in and we moved Dan across. A year later he is at Essendon, and now bagging players that leave in the media.

Maybe we identified issues with him before he left. Look at what we say about players who leave us? Dimma after Friday said Butler was an excellent player who should have been all Australian. Rather than point out negatives

Reactions: 8 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Maybe we identified issues with him before he left. Look at what we say about players who leave us? Dimma after Friday said Butler was an excellent player who should have been all Australian. Rather than point out negatives
Dan's time at RFC came to an end when he publicly said RFC fans were the reason the club wasn't rebuilding properly. We were looking g at short terms quick wins rather than go through the pain of a full rebuild.

Idiot

It was the first time I've seen Peggy give someone from the club a public slap down. He left at the end of that year.

Reactions: 7 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Wasn't Richardson responsible for contract management before Balme arrived? Retaining players appeared to be a strength. Not sure exactly what he does at Essendon but they're streaming out like ship rats.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Wasn't Richardson responsible for contract management before Balme arrived? Retaining players appeared to be a strength. Not sure exactly what he does at Essendon but they're streaming out like ship rats.
All I can think is... thank christ Eddie had Grubby Allan shaft Balmey...
Dustin would've gone to north and subsequently applied to Dutton for self deportation on compassionate grounds!

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
article on afl website putting forward an 8 point plan to rebuild the Bombers, one point is to 'put the drugs saga behind them". By that they seem to mean just stop talking about it. I'd argue this is fundamentally missing the point, until the Bombers admit they cheated, come clean sincerely and with good faith, their culture will remain toxic.
Nah, i think they should just move on. they whinge about losing draft picks, but ignore that they got McGrath, then Ridley with the picks they got for finishing last. (they actually managed to pick up Merritt the year their 1st round pick was taken off them, then the following year i think their 1st round pick was just pushed to the end of rd 1, so the draft sanctions did not crush them like they like to claim.
They also ignore that they have only had 1 pick under 30 in the last 3 years cos they keep trading them for average players.

and bringing back Hird would just be stupid. maybe he does have a great footy brain, but I am sure there are many others around who do too who they could employ instead, without the baggage that would come with him.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
My personal view is that the single most important person in a footy club is the footy manager. Your coaches, high performance manager, recruiters and list managers are all answering to them, yet by and large they are completely overlooked in those aspects. If you are looking for a single indicator of success or failure that's where I would start.
I think we are possibly seeing why Richardson was moved on or he moved before he got his marching orders.

I can’t recall which one it was.

He doesn’t seem to fit the ‘Richmond Man’ narrative of 2017-?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Essendon have been given some respite from headlines of a player exodus with midfield star Kyle Langford re-signing on a two-year deal.

Langford's recommitment yesterday breaks a run of news that big name players, led by Joe Daniher and Adam Saad, were set to walk.

Essendon are rapt to have re-signed young Lanford.

When asked why he stayed with the bombers, Lanford admitted he had no choice as no other club was intrested in him. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
do they still wave scarfs around above their heads ?

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I think we are possibly seeing why Richardson was moved on or he moved before he got his marching orders.

I can’t recall which one it was.

He doesn’t seem to fit the ‘Richmond Man’ narrative of 2017-?
I think Dan may also be on his way out at the Bombers.

• Haha