Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Aurizontiger

Tiger Cub
Apr 5, 2018

Ex-Bombers chief engages lawyers, reserves right to sue​

Former Essendon chief executive Andrew Thorburn has engaged lawyers and may be eligible for a cash settlement over his controversial and sudden exit from the club. The gift that keeps on giving.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon

Ex-Bombers chief engages lawyers, reserves right to sue​

Former Essendon chief executive Andrew Thorburn has engaged lawyers and may be eligible for a cash settlement over his controversial and sudden exit from the club. The gift that keeps on giving.
Fantastic news! Isn’t he just indicative of the Club? Uses insider information via his conflicted position as one of the people involved in selecting the new CEO in order to just about appoint himself. Now he is going to sue the Club for wrongful dismissal. The Club he loves I suppose? He IS Essendon!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Fantastic news! Isn’t he just indicative of the Club? Uses insider information via his conflicted position as one of the people involved in selecting the new CEO in order to just about appoint himself. Now he is going to sue the Club for wrongful dismissal. The Club he loves I suppose? He IS Essendon!!!
His background might show him as a privileged overpaid incompetent detestable bible bashing bastard - but in this instance I hope he takes them to the cleaners and I’m barracking for him!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
How can he sue when he resigned?

DS
Mighta had his arm twisted a little bit to help him decide that resigning might be fun, or at least a hell of a lot less uncomfortable than trying to retain his shiny new job.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He did resign, there's no getting away from that. If your CEO can't handle a bit of heat then not very useful I would have thought.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He did resign, there's no getting away from that. If your CEO can't handle a bit of heat then not very useful I would have thought.

DS
Depends on where the heat is coming from. Media heat, liveable. Bit different if the Prez n the Board that just hired you 24 hrs ago suddenly turn on you n start trying to force you to cancel your religion or your job.

Just on the religion side of things, the media keep rabbiting on about the extreme views of the mob he was hanging around with. While I've never been one for all the God bothering *smile* that goes on, I'm pretty sure that both the major religions of Christianity and the Muslim faith are anti homosexuality and it's a core value of their religions.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Depends on where the heat is coming from. Media heat, liveable. Bit different if the Prez n the Board that just hired you 24 hrs ago suddenly turn on you n start trying to force you to cancel your religion or your job.

Just on the religion side of things, the media keep rabbiting on about the extreme views of the mob he was hanging around with. While I've never been one for all the God bothering *smile* that goes on, I'm pretty sure that both the major religions of Christianity and the Muslim faith are anti homosexuality and it's a core value of their religions.

Not just religions plenty of countries still have it illegal and a few with death penalty.

If you are going to be religious seems satanism the go to go for whatever.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

DS

Correct, he resigned. But it was after he was told by the Pres that being CEO of the Druggies and Chairman of the White & Straight Christian Church were incompatible.

He chose to resign so he could continue to openly wage war against homosexuals, as apparently is his right.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
"The best coaching panel I've ever seen"

- he needs to get out more
- halfway through the season, knowing Essendon, it will be 'the best coaching panel that's never been'

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users