Farewell to a long time member | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Farewell to a long time member

Deepest sympathies to you and the family.
Great innings and hope you carry on his legacy and keep active on PRE.

Reactions: 5 users
93!

Wow.

That graystar1 was so engaged with his Tigers that he sought out this community and was an active participant through to that ripe age is just wonderful.

Thanks for being kind enough to give us some insight into your dad's life, @mexican_radio

For now, there is sadness. But I hope you continue the family tradition and remain a valued member of PRE.

Go well, graystar1.

Reactions: 15 users
Good Afternoon Friends

It's my sad duty to let you all know graystar1 passed today. He loved this community and would often email me just to say how thrilled he was to get 10 replies to his latest thread. In case you didn't know, graystar1 was my dad and I will miss him greatly. We had many happy times chatting about the tigers and when he was fit and strong, attending games together. Dad was a very staunch and lifelong tiger supporter. He often recounted to me standing in the rain watching the team play at Punt Road. I''m too upset to say much more. As Dad would say "go well and stay happy" He was 93.
Always seemed to be a genuine Tiger/PREender and his posts were balanced and friendly and always worth reading
And that's a magnificent Tiger "career" he's had and enjoyed (while on occasions being frustrated too I suppose) - and especially having watched the footy at Punt Road.
Good on him!

Reactions: 6 users
Good Afternoon Friends

It's my sad duty to let you all know graystar1 passed today. He loved this community and would often email me just to say how thrilled he was to get 10 replies to his latest thread. In case you didn't know, graystar1 was my dad and I will miss him greatly. We had many happy times chatting about the tigers and when he was fit and strong, attending games together. Dad was a very staunch and lifelong tiger supporter. He often recounted to me standing in the rain watching the team play at Punt Road. I''m too upset to say much more. As Dad would say "go well and stay happy" He was 93.
So sad to hear of your loss and I will miss his insightful and often humorous posts.

So sorry for your loss @mexican_radio. Beautiful that he was on this forum with you and that you were able to share so much tiger joy over the last few years. Won’t feel like it now but in time that gift will give you comfort. Condolences to you and your family. 💓

Reactions: 4 users
Pretty sad news :( .. graystar1, a remarkable member of our forum community. His insightful posts greatly enriched our discussions and will be deeply missed. Rest in peace, graystar1. Your absence leaves a void :(

Last edited:
Condolences, 93 is a good long life, and 11 flags in that time, but it always affects us when this happens. My mum died at 93 a few years back (1 flag, why StKilda??), but you still feel it even after a long life.

Keep the good memories of your father and we will keep the good memories of graystar1's posts on this forum.

DS

Reactions: 9 users
Thank you for sharing the passing of your Dad with all of us on PRE @mexican_radio.
Am deeply sorry for your great loss.

Gray's been a tremendous contributor to this forum since as far back as I can remember.
I've enjoyed countless interactions with him. He'll be missed on here.

His Richmond passion was evident & he was overwhelming positive about our footy club in his postings.
No doubt this attitude prevailed throughout his 93 years.

I'd have had a beer with him anytime, so here's cheers to you graystar1. RIP. 🍻🐯

Reactions: 9 users
So sad to hear Mex, hope you’re ok matey.

Reactions: 3 users
So sorry to hear this. Always enjoyed Gray's contribution.

My best wishes to the family.

RIP

Here’s to 20 years of Graystar as a PREnder.
Always a gentleman, especially while Rosy was in the house.
Your wisdom and love for Richmond will be missed.
To you @mexican_radio and all of Gray’s family we appreciate and honour your dad and his contribution to making our love of the Tigers rich and enjoyable.
Vale Graystar.

Reactions: 7 users
Sincerest condolences on your very sad loss Mexican.

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this very difficult time.

I hope you will find solace in those memories you have of your father and that special bond you obviously shared through your mutual love of the RFC.

Vale graystar1

Condolences Mexican_Radio. Wow, 93, you find out how important and diverse this community is through messages like yours. Thanks for sharing and best wishes to your family.

like others have already said , thanks Mexican Radio for sharing , great to hear he enjoyed the forum
also take comfort he did take in our good run from 2017 onwards

take care

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry for you and your Families loss Mex, i recall Graystar1's comments over the years, he will be missed.

Reactions: 2 users
Condolences to you and your family Mex. His contributions over the years have been much enjoyed.

Reactions: 1 users