Farewell to a long time member | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Farewell to a long time member

Sorry to hear of your father's passing Mex. May he rest in peace 🌹
Condolences to you and your family ♥️

Reactions: 3 users
Always enjoyed graystar1 posts.
Condolences for your loss mex. 93 might be a "good age" to reach, however it still hurts deeply when they pass.

Reactions: 6 users
Good Afternoon Friends

It's my sad duty to let you all know graystar1 passed today. " He was 93.

lovely of you to let us know amidst your grief MR

rip graystar.

11 premierships from 93 seasons is a fortunate life.

hes in tigerland now

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
RIP graystar1, always remember he would quote the Herald Sun when they wrote a negative article about his Tiges.
Sorry for your loss MR.

Reactions: 5 users
Condolences. What a champion to be on here at 90 plus giving as good as he got. 93 is a great knock, think of the good times.

When you are feeling up to it, tell us more about his life. I love hearing people's stories, everyone has a fascinating story.

Reactions: 12 users
Condolences Mex. So sorry to hear this news.

Grey was on of the good'uns.

Let's hope he's singing "We're from Tigerland" with a swag of Tiger Legends.

Thats saddening and sobering news.

Thanks for letting us all know MR.

My condolences and best wishes and thoughts to you and your family during this time.

RIP Graystar.

A Long Innnings doesnt make it any erasier Mex, again my thoughts and best wishes to the family.

Gray you star!!

Always saddening to hear of the loss of one of the PRE family. :(

Last edited:
My deepest sympathy to you and your family mexican_radio.

Without knowing your father, I know that he was a gentleman, as I can't remember him ever running anyone down, in any of his posts.

May he Rest In Peace.

Reactions: 8 users
Condolences, mex. Sad to hear of the passing of graystar. I met him at a function once, years ago, and he was a lovely chap.

My deepest condolences to you and your family mexican :(
93 was a good innings. Same age as my dad when he passed away. Think of all the good times you had with your dad when you start to get overwhelmed with sad thoughts. It helped me a little

RIP Graystar

Thats saddening and sobering news.

Thanks for letting us all know MR.

My condolences and best wishes and thoughts to you and your family during this time.

RIP Graystar.

A Long Innnings doesnt make it any erasier Mex, again my thoughts and best wishes to the family.

Gray you star!!

Always saddening to hear of the loss of one of the PRE family. :(
Well said craigo. Sad to hear this. RIP Graystar.

Reactions: 4 users
This made me sad Mex - I always enjoyed graystar's posting. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Good Afternoon Friends

It's my sad duty to let you all know graystar1 passed today. He loved this community and would often email me just to say how thrilled he was to get 10 replies to his latest thread. In case you didn't know, graystar1 was my dad and I will miss him greatly. We had many happy times chatting about the tigers and when he was fit and strong, attending games together. Dad was a very staunch and lifelong tiger supporter. He often recounted to me standing in the rain watching the team play at Punt Road. I''m too upset to say much more. As Dad would say "go well and stay happy" He was 93.
Condolences to you and your family mex. I didn't know he was your dad.

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry to hear of your loss Mexican Radio.

Lost my dad nearly 7 years ago, and still think of him everyday. Usually the funny stuff.

It's way too soon for you to feel that way, and probably too raw to do as Scoop suggested above. It'd be interesting to hear what you're dad was like. If you feel inclined, I'd like to know more about Graystar1.

Until then hopefully the warmth of the PRE community can help soften the sadness a little.

Reactions: 12 users
Good Afternoon Friends

It's my sad duty to let you all know graystar1 passed today. He loved this community and would often email me just to say how thrilled he was to get 10 replies to his latest thread. In case you didn't know, graystar1 was my dad and I will miss him greatly. We had many happy times chatting about the tigers and when he was fit and strong, attending games together. Dad was a very staunch and lifelong tiger supporter. He often recounted to me standing in the rain watching the team play at Punt Road. I''m too upset to say much more. As Dad would say "go well and stay happy" He was 93.
Sorry for your loss Mexican_radio; you will be posting for both of you now.

May your sorrow be replaced with joyous memories in time.

Geez.....you wouldn't think of it. 93 years old and posting on internet. Brilliant from graystar.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users