Farewell to a long time member | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Farewell to a long time member

Sincere condolences to you and your family @mexican_radio on the passing of your Dad.
I found myself reading his last few posts, where he wished us all the best for Xmas and then the New Year.
He struck me as a man who was so thoughtful of others and I can only imagine he carried himself this way his entire life.
Though this time is one of sadness, you are fortunate to have been loved by a wonderful father.
Take care.

Reactions: 9 users
So sorry for your loss MR. Graystar will be sadly missed. May he RIP.

Reactions: 3 users
@mexican_radio

@graystar1 was a gentleman. At least that's how I read his posts here on PRE. I don't recall a cross word from him directed to anyone, except for the odd (polite) (well-deserved) drive-by directed at the media, Collingwood and several other teams. I'll miss his posts. Many condolences to you, the graystar1 family, and friends.

Reactions: 4 users
Good Afternoon Friends

It's my sad duty to let you all know graystar1 passed today. He loved this community and would often email me just to say how thrilled he was to get 10 replies to his latest thread. In case you didn't know, graystar1 was my dad and I will miss him greatly. We had many happy times chatting about the tigers and when he was fit and strong, attending games together. Dad was a very staunch and lifelong tiger supporter. He often recounted to me standing in the rain watching the team play at Punt Road. I''m too upset to say much more. As Dad would say "go well and stay happy" He was 93.
Oh I’m so terribly sorry to hear that , graystar was a much respected poster on here , my sincere condolences to you and your family

A good PRE friend alerted me to Grays passing. I sorted out logins etc in hopes of messaging Mex privately but can't find an option. I'm deeply saddened to hear the news. Gray was a mate and an all around good bloke. Deepest sympathy mex. I have the utmost respect and am confident when time softens your heartbreak you'll forever be warmed by happy and proud memories. Sweet dreams Gray x

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Good Afternoon Friends

It's my sad duty to let you all know graystar1 passed today. He loved this community and would often email me just to say how thrilled he was to get 10 replies to his latest thread. In case you didn't know, graystar1 was my dad and I will miss him greatly. We had many happy times chatting about the tigers and when he was fit and strong, attending games together. Dad was a very staunch and lifelong tiger supporter. He often recounted to me standing in the rain watching the team play at Punt Road. I''m too upset to say much more. As Dad would say "go well and stay happy" He was 93.
My condolences Mex. Most of us would have got our love for the Tiges from our dads and would have similar stories recounted to us over the years. Fly well @graystar1

A good PRE friend alerted me to Grays passing. I sorted out logins etc in hopes of messaging Mex privately but can't find an option. I'm deeply saddened to hear the news. Gray was a mate and an all around good bloke. Deepest sympathy mex. I have the utmost respect and am confident when time softens your heartbreak you'll forever be warmed by happy and proud memories. Sweet dreams Gray x
Hope you are well Rosy x

Reactions: 7 users
I do love the family aspect of PRE and Graystar1 was a big part of this family.

Take care Mex, it’s time like these it good to draw on from the strength your dad would have given you.

@Rosy - nice to hear from you - hope your managing OK

Reactions: 8 users
Thank you for the kind words and good wishes everyone. With the practice match tonight, it brought it home that Dad isn’t here to talk footy with. This great community has however made it a bit easier, I really appreciate everything you have said. I will pass on many of your comments to the family, I think they will be very well received. Best wishes everyone, let’s hope for a few good wins this season so I can raise a glass to Dad.

Reactions: 14 users
Mate, you got Rosy out of internet retirement… that speaks volumes to the man your father was

Reactions: 4 users