FIFA World Cup 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FIFA World Cup 22

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I don’t believe it was the Belgians rioting over losing (or the Dutch in sympathy). It was the Moroccans rioting on the back of their win and perhaps clashing with the Belgian fans. In the streets of Belgium, the Belgian fans looked to be heavily outnumbered by those supporting Morocco. Half a million people of Moroccan extraction live in Belgium. And quite a few spreading into the Netherlands.
Yep. You're right PT.

Reactions: 1 user

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Get ready for Serbian riots. So far, 0-1 to Cameroon and still 0 points and 0 goals.
I’ve often wondered what would happen if Croatia and Serbia drew each other in a World Cup. No need to go the the Balkans to feel the tension. Parts of south-western Sydney would indeed make for interesting viewing.

Imagine being the FIFA rep pulling the Serbia and Croatia balls out of the bucket, “Why not? This will be fun.”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Far out Serbia are a volatile side. They make some bizarre rookie errors at times. Then swing wildly from that, to superbly beautiful ball movement displaying immense technical skill.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
2 Cracking matches last night in Cameroon v Serbia & Soth Korea v Ghana. 11 goals between the two matches. Brazil scrape past their nemesis in World Cups, Switzerland.

Iran v USA and Wales v England tomorrow morning will be fun games as a neutral supporter to watch.

• Love

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
2 Cracking matches last night in Cameroon v Serbia & Soth Korea v Ghana. 11 goals between the two matches. Brazil scrape past their nemesis in World Cups, Switzerland.

Iran v USA and Wales v England tomorrow morning will be fun games as a neutral supporter to watch.

I hope they'll be fun for those of us with skin in the game too ;)

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I assume the Welsh players didn't watch this bearing in mind that boring and passionless display they put out this morning. I'm pleased with 3-0, but it could (and probably should) have been more than that. How Wales were in the top 20 Fifa ratings astounds me and shows how pointless they actually are.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I assume the Welsh players didn't watch this bearing in mind that boring and passionless display they put out this morning. I'm pleased with 3-0, but it could (and probably should) have been more than that. How Wales were in the top 20 Fifa ratings astounds me and shows how pointless they actually are.
It was pretty poor given what was at stake. Was it stage fright? I watched 2 of their games and they are a very average outfit. Bale was barely sighted.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It was pretty poor given what was at stake. Was it stage fright? I watched 2 of their games and they are a very average outfit. Bale was barely sighted.
Bale's clearly finished.

The frustrating thing for England, is I believe we came into the tournament with Southgate not knowing his best 11 and I still think we are in that position.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Just thinking how hilarious it would be if the "worst Aussie Team" goes over and sneaks through to emulate the result of 2006 who we regard as the best Aussie Sokkah Team ever.

:mhihi

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I've watched a lot of other games. Even though we scrapped out a win vs Tunisia, we're still a long way behind other sides. It would be a remarkable effort to gain a draw or better tonight but I'm sure not expecting it.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
An English colleague and a Welsh colleague at work this morning having a bit of banter over the result. “See you in 64 years!” Called out the Englishman across the office.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users