FIFA World Cup 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FIFA World Cup 22

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
CR7 wasn't missed.

Spanish penalty efforts worse than Japan's the other day...Spain seemed resigned to losing upon reaching the penalty stage, mirrored their performance in the 120 minutes, impotent.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Swiss being put back in their box.

Spain out, Morocco represent Africa in the quarter finals.

Penalties are the worst way to lose a final, but the best way to win. Unbelievable emotions.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Wow Portugal. That was some performance. Their front 3 of Bruno Fernandez, Jaio Felix and Ramos were exceptional.

Definitely put their marker down.

Spain as always, have a lot of the ball but actually do very little with it.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Didn't we have Frank Arok, Zoran Matic and Rale Rasic just to name a couple of gunn coaches :) And the Vidmar's and (AC) Milan Ivanovic :LOL: Every world class goalie we've had hails from back there (y)

I can only think of Bogut for basketball but sure there's been more :unsure:
Think I read a statistic along the lines that in 2006, 7 or 8 of the Australian squad were Aussie-Croatians. And at the tournament there were something like 10-11 Aussie-Croatians in total playing. Not sure what that stat goes up to if you add those of Serbian (and other former Yugoslav States') heritage.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ronaldo’s head might soon fit through the door.
Sacked by Man U a month ago for being a prat, and now left out of Portugal’s starting 11 for the same big-headed behaviour.
I hope that he’s suitably chastened, but I doubt it.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Sacked by Man U a month ago for being a prat, and now left out of Portugal’s starting 11 for the same big-headed behaviour.
He'll finish his days seriously overpaid to play in substandard Gulf leagues I suspect.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Ronaldo has received a massive offer from Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia. Can you imagine him playing in the AFC cup against MacArthur FC on a rainy Tuesday night in Campbelltown next year? :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
:)) Ronaldo has received a massive offer from Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia. Can you imagine him playing in the AFC cup against MacArthur FC on a rainy Tuesday night in Campbelltown next year? :mhihi
I’d like to see him playing on a snowing Tuesday night in Tbilisi, Georgia:))

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Swiss being put back in their box.

Spain out, Morocco represent Africa in the quarter finals.

Penalties are the worst way to lose a final, but the best way to win. Unbelievable emotions.
a bit unfortunate for Aussies, the last 2 6am games have been fizzes, while the last 2 2am games have been crackers. hopefully we get some more tight quarterfinals.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
a bit unfortunate for Aussies, the last 2 6am games have been fizzes, while the last 2 2am games have been crackers. hopefully we get some more tight quarterfinals.

Western Australia disagrees with you

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I thought the Portugal game (albeit 1 sided) was a high quality game with a lot of entertainment in it. I wouldn't regard it as a fizzer just because it wasn't close. Much prefer watching that, than a 0-0 draw with Spain having over 1,000 passes and maybe creating 2 or 3 chances out of those passes.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I thought the Portugal game (albeit 1 sided) was a high quality game with a lot of entertainment in it. I wouldn't regard it as a fizzer just because it wasn't close. Much prefer watching that, than a 0-0 draw with Spain having over 1,000 passes and maybe creating 2 or 3 chances out of those passes.
Fair enough. I didnt get up- saw the score at one point and stayed in bed!
Obviously I didnt see the Spain game today, but generally I like their football

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Fair enough. I didnt get up- saw the score at one point and stayed in bed!
Obviously I didnt see the Spain game today, but generally I like their football

I used to like their football. Now they have just become boring. Lots of possession with no end product. They have played this way for over 10 years, but they no longer have superstar strikers (at least not 1 that they play - Morata is at best a sub for Enrique) of the likes of David Villa and Fernando Torres that they had in their Euros / world cup winning years.

Now they move the ball slowly, have no pace in the team, don't cross the ball, so inevitably all they do is pass the ball between their defense and midfield up to the penalty area, and then go back again.

Horrible, horrible style of play at the moment, which is getting the results it deserves.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
CR7 wasn't missed.

Spanish penalty efforts worse than Japan's the other day...Spain seemed resigned to losing upon reaching the penalty stage, mirrored their performance in the 120 minutes, impotent.
Unless this is match-fixing, how stupid are the Spanish? The lightest of lights in penalty kicking. Ridiculous!!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I used to like their football. Now they have just become boring. Lots of possession with no end product. They have played this way for over 10 years, but they no longer have superstar strikers (at least not 1 that they play - Morata is at best a sub for Enrique) of the likes of David Villa and Fernando Torres that they had in their Euros / world cup winning years.
Always thought Iniesta was their most important player during their glory years.

Last edited: