FIFA World Cup 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FIFA World Cup 22

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Always thought Inniesta was there most important player during their glory years.

Iniesta and Xavi were probably 1 of the greatest midfield partnerships of all time. Both for Spain, and for Barcelona.

Reactions: 2 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Following the strife in Belgium. Apparently Moroccan fans went on the rampage across French cities, in celebration of their win against Spain. Looting, burning, vandalising etc.

French policing and security authorities now looking at the the prospect of a France vs Morocco semi final if quarter finals fall that way. And what that could mean for civil strife. There is often a tense social dynamic between the North African diaspora in France and the French at the best of times. With so much in the way of politics and socio-cultural themes intertwining with a football match. It becomes about so much more than a simple sporting contest. If they act this way when they win, what would they do if they lost.....and lost to the French?

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Following the strife in Belgium. Apparently Moroccan fans went on the rampage across French cities, in celebration of their win against Spain. Looting, burning, vandalising etc.

French policing and security authorities now looking at the the prospect of a France vs Morocco semi final if quarter finals fall that way. And what that could mean for civil strife. There is often a tense social dynamic between the North African diaspora in France and the French at the best of times. With so much in the way of politics and socio-cultural themes intertwining with a football match. It becomes about so much more than a simple sporting contest. If they act this way when they win, what would they do if they lost.....and lost to the French?

Don't worry PT, we Poms are happy to do the French a favour and beat them in the quarters so they don't have to perceive a potential semi final with Morocco.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Can’t believe Brazil are out. Brilliant performance by the Croatian keeper Livakovic.
crotia had one shot on target in 120 minutes and that was the deflected goal.

Netherlands v Argentina is proving to be a ripper. Never seen anything like that last Dutch goal.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Two Argentina players clash heads while go going for a header. There was no theatrics, or rolling on the ground in agony.
If it was a player from both sides they would’ve both gone down as if shot.……….just saying.
Dutch level things with only a few seconds left of regular time!
The Dutch dominated the 2nd half, favourites to win now for mine.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Two Argentina players clash heads while go going for a header. There was no theatrics, or rolling on the ground in agony.
If it was a player from both sides they would’ve both gone down as if shot.……….just saying.

The Dutch dominated the 2nd half, favourites to win now for mine.
I said a few days ago, the Dutch were firming as a bit of a dark horse for me. If a team outside the absolute favourites could surprise, it could be them.

Flying under the radar a bit. Not a team with the same star power they may be used to. And had steadily improved as the tournament went on, rather than dominating from the beginning.

But have to get past Argentina first. Let’s wait and see.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Hooo damn. Bring out the popcorn, beer n party pies. Reckon the after match would be way more exciting than any soccer match could ever be.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hooo damn. Bring out the popcorn, beer n party pies. Reckon the after match would be way more exciting than any soccer match could ever be.

Your hot takes on football are always entertaining, informative and never predictable.

Massive result by Croatia - sucked in Neymar et al. The incessant dancing and goal celebrations in the Korea game were insufferable.

Go Dutchies.... although wouldn't mind seeing Messi raise the trophy.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Why is taking penalties these days seemingly so hard? The techniques some adopt just seem to be lacking.

ETA: Dutch lose to Argentina after having first 2 penalties saved.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The poor old Dutch keeper couldn’t pick his nose, he barely moved for Messi’s penalty in the 2nd half of normal time.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The poor old Dutch keeper couldn’t pick his nose, he barely moved for Messi’s penalty in the 2nd half of normal time.
That Messi penalty was pure zen. Bloke has ice running through his veins.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Why is taking penalties these days seemingly so hard? The techniques some adopt just seem to be lacking.

ETA: Dutch lose to Argentina after having first 2 penalties saved.
Pressure. That’s all it is.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I would love the winner of Morroco v Portugal to win it - neither have won it.

In fact, as no African team has done it ever, I will put all my mental energy into the Atlas Lions to win it.