FIFA World Cup 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FIFA World Cup 22

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
What I expect is to see a young team that is developing a style that will take them forward to better international performances in years to come.
We once had a coach who developed this style.......Funny enough this coach is now being headhunted by Japan.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Nup. I don't expect us to get out of the Group. France and Denmark are too good. What I expect is to see a young team that is developing a style that will take them forward to better international performances in years to come. That was deer in the headlights stuff today; we were totally intimidated by France. Like a suburban footy team playing a top 4 AFL team.

That was a very boring and disappointing performance but again that is on the coach. He has always been like that. To be fair to the players, they are obviously a fair way off the level of the French, but they are not totally hopeless. That first goal a case in point. Beautiful long ball from Mooy (I think?) to Leckie who showed exquisite control and then a superb cross to Goodwoin for a clinical finish. It was world class play. But then they just retreated into their shells and played timid for the rest of the game.
It’s time for a good ole manager sacking Chumpley ! (Bloke is just another NSW stooge anyway.)

I say we get a Scottish manager. They’re the best managers in the world.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It’s time for a good ole manager sacking Chumpley ! (Bloke is just another NSW stooge anyway.)

I say we get a Scottish manager. They’re the best managers in the world.
Hear hear Chumpford. We haven't had a manager sacking for ages! Bring it on. (And yes he is a NSW stooge; absolutely).

As for a Scottish Manager; tell us who Chumps? Celtic or Rangers don't even have a Scottish Manager!!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hear hear Chumpford. We haven't had a manager sacking for ages! Bring it on. (And yes he is a NSW stooge; absolutely).

As for a Scottish Manager; tell us who Chumps? Celtic or Rangers don't even have a Scottish Manager!!
Get Neil Lennon. Anyone Scottish.

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tunisia virtually the same as us in rankings but we need to win by at least 2 goals to cover the goal diff.

I think this is on election night, so there could be a lot of Don's Party functions around....

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Tunisia virtually the same as us in rankings but we need to win by at least 2 goals to cover the goal diff.

I think this is on election night, so there could be a lot of Don's Party functions around....
If we beat Tunisia they will need to beat France to catch us on points.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Seriously, what were the FFA thinking by keeping Arnold on. He should have been out the door a long time ago. Starting to think he's on Gil's payroll to make the Aussie Soccer team play as badly and as boring as possible.

• Haha

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Seriously, what were the FFA thinking by keeping Arnold on. He should have been out the door a long time ago. Starting to think he's on Gil's payroll to make the Aussie Soccer team play as badly and as boring as possible.
Cheap and nasty and the FFA are broke.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
A lot saying it would have been worse if we were aggressive.

You don't need to be aggressive with the ball, but you can be aggressive defensively.

Harass, chase, limit opposition time on the ball etc. Even with outclassed teams you could always rely on the Socceroos to do that.

We did none of that. Just blithely sat back waiting for the French to come at us. Giving them as much time as they wanted.

Result they picked us apart - and scored 4 goals in second gear.
It's OK to say that but teams can run out of legs playing that style. I think Arnold conceded this game to keep some petrol tickets for the next 2 games. At least that's what I'm hoping is this case. The socceroos have surprised all the way through, don't be surprised if they shock people again.

And don't forget, the more aggreesive you are the more you can be exposed by good passing. You need players to be completely in sync defensively. Not sure we are at that level.

There is still hope.