Finals tickets | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Finals tickets

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
This surprises me that there are still tickets. I hope Tigers snap up the remainder of the tickets.

Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Olympic Stand dont care where im sitting Bring it on Friday cant come quick enough

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Yes, very weird today, still showing a heap of great seats available. Will be interesting to see what is actually dished up at 2pm for the public given the mixed messages some have received when entering with barcodes for members sale.

Maybe a staggered release........
I had someone do my family afl and someone do my RFC so all good there.
Then I heard abou t a friend who missed out and i went on the public access about 2.30 ...limited in top 4 cats but easily found 3 in cat 5

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I have no doubt that Ticketek only allocate a few premium bays for priority 1 allocation, knowing full well us die hards will be clamboring for any available, then on Thursday i bet you could log in and find seats available in N9 to N13 areas.

I've been caught out like that in the past Richmond v Nth Melb, got in early and best i could get weere top deck about 20 rows back. Then being curious, logged in on about the Wednesday and first pop got ffronty row centre wing one tier up. Called my group and told them i was in and what seats it was allocating (without member bar codes), they all said buy so i did then sold the other tickets for a smalish loss.
All those good ones were probably the ones Hutchinson got from Gilll but couldn't offload at three times the face value.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Far too much semi positive sentiment for Ticketek on here for my liking. They are incompetent dogs.

Having to use multiple browsers, mobiles, incognito browsers, exhausted allocation messages despite lots of tickets being available, browser not compatible messages within their own app errors, people waiting in queue for 30 mins whilst those later in line get straight through, having to accept less than optimal seats to find out there are many better seats still available later...it goes on and on.

They are hopeless. A perfect partner for the incompetent and corrupt AFL. BTW I'm reasonably happy with my tickets - the process just infuriates me!

Have to agree. Yes, it was better than the train wreck of last year where they had to stop selling tickets and start again a couple of days later. But, they know how much demand there is and we all end up playing tricks like multiple browsers open to just get in the site.

Mind you, this doesn't distinguish them from other aspects of IT these days. There is so much crap going on in our operating systems and networks that computers and networks are much slower than they were 10 years ago. Open up task manager and look at the crap going on in the background.

DS

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
just wondering if you can upgrade preliminary final AFL tickets.? I have a junior ticket I need to upgrade to concession and if so how/ Where can I do this please?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
not many tix left, but clearly selling at a much slower rate compared to 2 years ago. i reckon cost is the main factor. the Prelim is insanely expensive and we're playing in our 3rd in a row, so the novelty factor isn't as big... so many might be holding out for the GF. Also combine that with Geelong playing 3 consecutive weeks on a Friday night. it must be tricky logistically if you live down that way. and I'm sure many pragmatic Geelong fans don't hold out much hope of a win, which would be a factor as well.

Attachments

• TODAY.jpg
    TODAY.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I would expect the crowd on Friday night to be 70 - 30 in our favour. For most it will be the first final for the year due to playing the first final in Brisbane.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Cats are notoriously poor at packing the G with their own. Whilst I will just about pay anything, $177 for Cat 1 (M51) seats are steep and that type of pricing is encroaching GF ticket prices. We may well have made our 3rd prlim in a row but for me there is a hell of a lot of catch up to fill the disappointments from 1983-2016 ! We saved a lot of money in those 33 of not reaching deep into September (95 and 01 the exception).

Reactions: 9 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
just wondering if you can upgrade preliminary final AFL tickets.? I have a junior ticket I need to upgrade to concession and if so how/ Where can I do this please?
This was possible for grand final tickets in 2017. Give ticketek a call.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Rebel Sports at Chadstone are running a handball comp for finals tickets. Got to get there now if you need some.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I have a ticket for sale, not scalping, selling at face value. If anyone interested DM me.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Talking Tigers podcast claims we have purchased a 4 to 1 ratio in ticket allocation.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users