Finals tickets | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Finals tickets

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Talking Tigers podcast claims we have purchased a 4 to 1 ratio in ticket allocation.

So with the expected 90,000 in attendance, that'd be 72,000 Tigers, and only 18,000 Pussy cats.

I hope it's right, but I find it highly unlikely.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
So with the expected 90,000 in attendance, that'd be 72,000 Tigers, and only 18,000 Pussy cats.

I hope it's right, but I find it highly unlikely.

I don't think it included the general public. I'm sure we would've bought most of them too though.

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
I got tickets through AFL Members at 11.15, but haven’t received any confirmatory email or text with the tickets. Has anyone else had that problem? Hope they’re just late. I don’t want to have to call Ticketek...

Same here but I found the email in the junk folder.
Also, I logged into my Ticketek account and the tickets were also there if i wanted to download them.

Feb 25, 2007
Didn't want to wait and chance AFL member allocation so went early and got member's tickets. N25 row A. Pretty happy but could have paid far less in AFL section!

Would make sense for them to have a club support pre-sale first like the grand final but this is the AFL we're talking about.

N25 is AFL members.

Feb 25, 2007
The MCC website is estimating the crowd to be 95k....it’s usually fairly accurate, so I’m predicting about 60k Tigers, 35k Cats

More like 65K Tigers and 30K Cats. Geelong's 3rd final in a row and with the rain they will be lucky to have 30K roll-up.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Talking Tigers podcast claims we have purchased a 4 to 1 ratio in ticket allocation.

Ooh that would be nice. Haven't caught up with Talking Tigers yet, still catching up on the 1932 edition of the Kick to Kick podcasts (fabulous podcast, listen from the very beginning . . . maybe skip the late 20s, those 3 GF losses in a row to those North of Victoria St hurt even though I wasn't alive back then!).

DS

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
I purchased under the Geelong subscription.
But when I had to answer who I barracked for, I picked "no-particular team"

Didnt want Geelong whinging and changing the system next year.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Can anyone recall what day next week the GF tickets go on sale IF we were to get through? Need to know as I may be in a shitty internet coverage zone so I can make some contingency plans now.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
If the Cats players were surprisd with the reception they recieved on QF night 2 years ago, better strap yourselves in boys for Friday night.
Tiger noise will be unbearable.

PBoRSM

How many kids do I have??
Jun 11, 2004
Can anyone recall what day next week the GF tickets go on sale IF we were to get through? Need to know as I may be in a shitty internet coverage zone so I can make some contingency plans now.
GF tickets are not sold - they are allocated. There's a complete thread on PRE on how the allocation worked. In short you needed to register last Thursday based on membership category if you wanted a ticket via Richmond's member's allocation (around 18k tickets). Outside of that your ways of getting a ticket are to be a Full AFL or MCC member, buy a corporate package via a non completing club or the AFL or win a comp.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
GF tickets are not sold - they are allocated. There's a complete thread on PRE on how the allocation worked. In short you needed to register last Thursday based on membership category if you wanted a ticket via Richmond's member's allocation (around 18k tickets). Outside of that your ways of getting a ticket are to be a Full AFL or MCC member, buy a corporate package via a non completing club or the AFL or win a comp.
Thanks PB. I registered last week so understand all that. I just wanted to know what day the RFC members ballot took place if anyone knew

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Thanks PB. I registered last week so understand all that. I just wanted to know what day the RFC members ballot took place if anyone knew

Actually I need to know that date too ie when RFC GF tickets would be allocated (fingers crossed)
Need to make sure the credit card has plenty on it for all the tickets.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Looks like the last 3 MCG games will be against interstate teams. West Coast - Brisbane - Geelong ... with the Lions game being the best attended be an opposition team.