Finals tickets | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Finals tickets

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
I believe credit cards will be debited on saturday night for the winner of friday night's game.
In 2017, our credit cards were debited on the Sunday during the VFL GF......had never seen so many people happy to see money come out of their accounts lol...
The fine print says that the process of allocation/ballot will take place once the 2 GF teams are confirmed, so yes, anytime between Sat night and Sunday arvo......so make sure you have enough available funds on your card to cover any catagory of ticket multiplied by the amount of barcodes you registered

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I believe credit cards will be debited on saturday night for the winner of friday night's game.
I dont think it will happen til after the 2nd prelim. The amount of tix allocated to the tigers will depend on who our opposition is.

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
In 2017, our credit cards were debited on the Sunday during the VFL GF......had never seen so many people happy to see money come out of their accounts lol...
The fine print says that the process of allocation/ballot will take place once the 2 GF teams are confirmed, so yes, anytime between Sat night and Sunday arvo......so make sure you have enough available funds on your card to cover any catagory of ticket multiplied by the amount of barcodes you registered
Not all of us were so lucky with the debits on Sunday afternoon ..... I chewed my fingernails down to the bone as my credit card wasn't debited until Monday morning (had guaranteed tickets too) … as I was reading on PRE others that had been successful and worked myself into an unnecessary stresshead because mines hadn't come through thinking I had made a mess of the registration.

The club will publish a list of successful barcodes sometime on Monday. Won't be until then that you can be sure if you have NOT been successful.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
same best debited charge ever and happy to do so again.. and then the fun of working out what category you got before the actual email telling you where your seats are!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Early birthday present for the daughter in 2017, hoping for the same result in 2019. Makes gift shopping so easy n brings plenty of happiness.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
its quite simply a scam.

probably 100,000 tiger and Pies fans registered at $5 = Half a million bucks.

then probably 70,000 cats and gas fans shell out = $850 grand before they've sold a seat.

Its a little like the timeless Mexican scam of raffling a dead donkey, and you give the winner their $5 back when they complain that their prize wont move, while everyone who lost has no idea it was dead.
Been highlighted in the press.

Calls to axe Grand Final ballot fee as clubs bleed fans dry (paywalled)
Footy fans have called for a controversial fee charged just to try your luck in the AFL Grand Final ballot to be scrapped.

With the last Saturday in September fast approaching, members of remaining finals clubs have been charged non-refundable registration fees of between $5 and $6 to apply for a seat.

Regardless of whether they score a ticket and whether it is standing room, restricted view or on centre wing, the fee is forfeited by fans on top of ticket costs of between $155 and $422.

Profits from the fee — paid by Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong and GWS fans — are believed to be split between the clubs and ticket giant Ticketek.

Feb 25, 2007
For AFL members, if the tiges get up on Friday night. Tickets likely to go on sale on Sunday. Well, this is what happened in 2017 competing clubs (Gold Members) and i was lucky enough to get level 2.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
For AFL members, if the tiges get up on Friday night. Tickets likely to go on sale on Sunday. Well, this is what happened in 2017 competing clubs (Gold Members) and i was lucky enough to get level 2.
Yep this is what I remember as well. Fingers crossed we get to wait in anticipation of getting those tickets.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just one player? During our 2017 grand final there was a third person selling tickets on behalf of players.

I heard from a reasonable sauce that 1 player sold all 8 of his GF allocation in 2017 and pocket about $15k.

and the player alleged to have done this would be on about $750k I reckon?

I'd be a OK with a rookie doing it

Its best for my ideal of The Richmond Man to just assume the story is bull *smile*.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I heard from a reasonable sauce that 1 player sold all 8 of his GF allocation in 2017 and pocket about $15k.

Its best for my ideal of The Richmond Man to just assume the story is bull ****.
Players should only be allowed to gift tickets to family and friends. Scalping is scalping is scalping. One step below ugly muppets that sell water and fuel at exorbitant prices during emergencies.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Players should only be allowed to gift tickets to family and friends. Scalping is scalping is scalping. One step below ugly muppets that sell water and fuel at exorbitant prices during emergencies.

yeah its probably a bull *smile* story.

even reliable sources can be pretty unreliable these days

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Its best for my ideal of The Richmond Man to just assume the story is bull ****.

Does anyone know the actual player allocations for GF tickets?
Would it only be the 2 competing teams?
Would all players in the list get tickets?
Do they really get 8 each ? That seems a lot - especially if it extends to rookies.
And I wonder what the allocations - if any - there are for other staff eg assistant coaches, physios, trainers, accountants etc etc

Now I’m not saying that some allocation to players etc is not justified but it would be interesting to know the total number of tickets allocated to a GF Club that actually end up with members.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Does anyone know the actual player allocations for GF tickets?
Would it only be the 2 competing teams?
Would all players in the list get tickets?
Do they really get 8 each ? That seems a lot - especially if it extends to rookies.
And I wonder what the allocations - if any - there are for other staff eg assistant coaches, physios, trainers, accountants etc etc

Now I’m not saying that some allocation to players etc is not justified but it would be interesting to know the total number of tickets allocated to a GF Club that actually end up with members.

pretty sure competing players get 8 each.

seems fair enough too me. Id want to watch my boy if he was in the big dance.

I think non-competing clubs get 1000 and they usually package them up with some old has been talking *smile* over bacon and eggs and raise about $750k

my boy got a WC ticket and an ordinary feed for $750 in '17, but he did get to hear a pissed Swanny backing the tigers all the way.

gsta12

Roar Power
Mar 19, 2003
WOW! 5 to 8 tickets per competing players seems very excessive IMO. And a double pass for every player in the AFL? What a joke. No wonder the supporters miss out!

Reactions: 1 users