Finals tickets | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Finals tickets

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
With so many fans chasing tickets
Would the number of fans online trying to buy tickets using many devices affect the ticketing system?

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Not the way it's set up. Its not completely first in best dressed like the other finals

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
bump.

not long now until the annual Ticketek finals ticketing stuff up and us fans getting distressed over it. will they actually stagger them this year like we have been screaming for them to do?

Also, if we play Geelong in week 1, will it be Thursday night or Friday night? I'm really hoping for Friday night, but 1 v 4 have been held on Thursday over the past couple of years. My hope is that the AFL won’t make Geelong fans travel to Melbourne on a work/school night.

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
bump.

Also, if we play Geelong in week 1, will it be Thursday night or Friday night? I'm really hoping for Friday night, but 1 v 4 have been held on Thursday over the past couple of years. My hope is that the AFL won’t make Geelong fans travel to Melbourne on a work/school night.
Thursday night AND their home final, the outrage would be epic!!

Make it so AFL.

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yeah wondering the same thing - travel, work and family to organise.

Guess we will know Sunday night and then Ticketek battle starts on Tuesday.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Already secured my finals series tickets via AFL Event Office. AFL endorsed scalping.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
bump.

not long now until the annual Ticketek finals ticketing stuff up and us fans getting distressed over it. will they actually stagger them this year like we have been screaming for them to do?

Going on 2017..... Geelong fans don't travel anyway...... young girl next to me turned to her mum and asked.....
" Mum, where are all our fans?".... inappropriate as it was, I had a chuckle :)

ahhh that Boooooo when they ran out was simply magnificent :))

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hate the stress of buying finals tickets. Was easier when we were *smile*.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Thursday night AND their home final, the outrage would be epic!!

Make it so AFL.

lol yeah, the same thought crossed my mind. the salt meltown from down the highway will just about make it worth playing on Thursday. Plus we will outnumber them by plenty.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
4176601094_159ac63b07_o.jpg

...meanwhile in the server room over at Ticketek, Winston and Archibald have written a code that lets up to two people buy finals tickets online at once!
Well done lads, let's call it a day.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Hate the stress of buying finals tickets. Was easier when we were ****.
Agree. I might start following the Suns. Win/win. Probably no chance of finals for the next 20 years, and when they do make it there will be plenty of room for everyone.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The Ticketek site will crash again. :eek:

Guaranteed, while they're stuffing up the finals tickets no doubt they will be wasting yet more server resources trying to push tickets to some unknown music act none of us are interested in and they'll throw in some big concert on sale at the same time. I think it was last year I was trying to bash my way through being redirected to some concert before I could even get to the footy tickets - all this while the site is in meltdown.

Ticketek have one function: sell tickets, and they are terrible at it.

I just don't understand why they can't learn from the same issue happening every year and the site melts down and they have to turn it off and stagger sales. My cat has a higher IQ than these morons.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
bump.

Surely we get the Friday night.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Guaranteed, while they're stuffing up the finals tickets no doubt they will be wasting yet more server resources trying to push tickets to some unknown music act none of us are interested in and they'll throw in some big concert on sale at the same time. I think it was last year I was trying to bash my way through being redirected to some concert before I could even get to the footy tickets - all this while the site is in meltdown.

Ticketek have one function: sell tickets, and they are terrible at it.

I just don't understand why they can't learn from the same issue happening every year and the site melts down and they have to turn it off and stagger sales. My cat has a higher IQ than these morons.

DS
I can't understand why they can't learn and improve from the previous experiences.

Customer experience is key and I have no confidence in them.

I don't want to end in the middle of the opposing team like we did last year in the PF (BTW that was the most feral experience we've had and ranked up there in our Port finals visit)

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I can't understand why they can't learn and improve from the previous experiences.

it looks like they have. the AFL announced last night that ticketing for finals will be scattered and the bigger games will get priority.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
it looks like they have. the AFL announced last night that ticketing for finals will be scattered and the bigger games will get priority.
We will soon see!

This has been me on every occassion...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I tried logging on this morning to reserve seats for this Sundays game. I couldnt log on due to the Alice Cooper tickets going on sale. If it cant handle that, how is it suppose to handle 4 finals games.