Footy Classified | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy Classified

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Well, as you would know Toigs, Major League Baseball has 3D technology that can tell if a 100 mph bending pitch is high, low, wide left, wide right and takes into account all of that over the entire depth, width and height of the plate and strike zone. And they don’t have any posts to help them either !

Surely there’s much better technology. Surely.

Understand the point and maybe it’ll happen one day
But deciding if a ball is inside the strike zone - maybe one square meter give or take - is probably easier than detecting a footy over a gold post
And then there’s the “touched“ issue anywhere across the goal line - 7 yards wide etc etc

[email protected]

Tiger Cub
Mar 17, 2014
Could somebody please ask Caro to do an investigative piece on how the AFL and Geelong can get away with such a blatant conflict of interest situation where the rule maker is now CEO at the club where the brother of the coach is the rule enforcer.
If they win the flag I think it is tainted because something is not right,
Walkely award?

Reactions: 7 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Could somebody please ask Caro to do an investigative piece on how the AFL and Geelong can get away with such a blatant conflict of interest situation where the rule maker is now CEO at the club where the brother of the coach is the rule enforcer.
Walkely award?
Whateley award?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Understand the point and maybe it’ll happen one day
But deciding if a ball is inside the strike zone - maybe one square meter give or take - is probably easier than detecting a footy over a gold post
And then there’s the “touched“ issue anywhere across the goal line - 7 yards wide etc etc

By all rights, anything high up like Thursday night should be easier. You have nothing in the way - no swinging bat, no deflections etc - and importantly there’s no depth measurement involved either like there is in baseball.

The increased width shouldn’t be an issue either. It’s just the same application on two vertical axis that’s being applied. Doesn’t matter the width.

Doppler radar systems developed by TrackMan. Same guys used on the PGA Tour.

We need these blokes to set it up for us.

1662451434193.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Walkely award?
Also, how the Footy Manager at Geelong leaves and goes to the AFL. Changes the rules because, reasons. Then goes back to become CEO of Geelong, then sits back rubbing his hands like Monty Burns. Excellent…

• Angry
Reactions: 9 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
I think the other thing to consider - IF the process is being followed:

"Broadcaster provides footage for review by official scorer".

If the broadcaster is providing the footage, we'd have seen if there was anything new, right?
It's not like 7 or Fox have had footage they aren't sharing of the incident.
We don't see much down the ground footage, one of the Fox shows could surely show that

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Kane Cornes will be stressing big time with all these long term deals: Taranto, Heeney, Mills, channel 7/Foxtel.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Not according to Wilson. She reckons someone very close to it all says they definitely have conclusive footage. Of course the AFL’s definition of conclusive could be utterly inconclusive. But I’m wary…

I don’t want us to go down a path which further isolates us as Richmond supporters, from the AFL.

However I have had a variety of objections to the way several things have occurred since the introduction of the stand rule, and it is difficult to resist the idea that there is a pattern of such activity.

One thing in favour of Reds theory is that there has been talk of the existence of confirming material. We also have Gill talking about subjective evidence as a reason for giving a decision on these matters and that also suggests they relied
on something in addition to the ARC.

I hope Red is wrong but I also think Gill may like to leave us with egg on our faces.

Last edited:

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Dimma "bitches and moans" so the AFL hate him. Clarko bitches and moans and they change the rules halfway through the season for him.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dimma "bitches and moans" so the AFL hate him. Clarko bitches and moans and they change the rules halfway through the season for him.
Dimma should have bought Gil a coffee

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Caro loves to pot Hardwick at every opportunity. But hides behind the fact the AFL are the ones who don’t like him. Surely everyone can see through her BS.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Even if they did find vision what 5 days later and counting really pathetic.You can see there is a real disconnect between the afl and our club it's getting worse. The decisions we have copped in one season is bewildering the Swans one and now this.
Mate, you're forgetting about the umpiring almost every game e.g. 16/7 free kicks to Brions at half-time with 4 of ours from OOB on the full!

Most games the differential is equivalent of giving our opposition an extra player, as it was in this EF.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Caro loves to pot Hardwick at every opportunity. But hides behind the fact the AFL are the ones who don’t like him. Surely everyone can see through her BS.
Yeah she turned when Dimma shacked up with a women half her age. Comes across as really sour and bitter about something that is none of her business