Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Hard to argue that the relocation of the MCC turf is one of most non-sensical things the AFL has ever done. And there is plenty.

The Truck drove up Bruton ave and chucked a Uturn and put the grass back.
You can't lay grass and expected to stick to the top soil in 4 days.

Hard to argue that the relocation of the MCC turf is one of most non-sensical things the AFL has ever done. And there is plenty.
Symbolic, like some other useless things.

I don't think Victorians are anywhere near as possessive about this year's GF as a few seem to believe.

Reactions: 4 users
I reckon Victorians are OK with the GF being in Brisbane.

If it was in Sydney, or even Perth or Adelaide I think we'd be a bit more possessive.

Reactions: 1 user
Dangerfield all of a sudden is the greatest player ever to have played.
The preview show on Fox Footy last night was well worth a look, thought it was a really quality analysis of the two sides.
Agree. Port have relied so heavily on midfield dominance/front half territory game and are the worst at scoring from D50. And their backline concedes a high % of scores from entries. With our best midfield in and Nank at the numero uno spot I can't see them dominating us in the middle or around the contest like they did. Bodes well for our chances.

Reactions: 1 users
Dangerfield all of a sudden is the greatest player ever to have played.

Agree. Port have relied so heavily on midfield dominance/front half territory game and are the worst at scoring from D50. And their backline concedes a high % of scores from entries. With our best midfield in and Nank at the numero uno spot I can't see them dominating us in the middle or around the contest like they did. Bodes well for our chances.

Indeed, we don't need to dominate centre clearances, just make sure they don't dominate and that their clearances are under huge pressure. If we can force quick and dirty kicks out of the middle we can intercept. If we allow quality delivery to Dixon et al we are stuffed.

DS

With all the well aimed and deserved negativity towards the AFL clickbait cadres, I think that Nick Riewoldt's year in the media as an analyst has been outstanding.

Clear, concise, thoughtful, analytical and consistent.

Well done Nick, easily in the top 3 media performers in 2020.

Reactions: 16 users
Any word from Corne cob about port mental advantage over us with their jumper?

Reactions: 2 users
Does Luke hodge bet on footy? Generally like his commentary, but he was flat as a tack last night. Very port-centric like he had a lot riding on then winning.

Reactions: 1 users
If you grab a magnify glass you might be able to read about our win in the Hearld Sun.
Robbo "Tigers on the verge of Greatness, but they aren't there yet"
Reckon he might have been on the sauce while writing that. Nothing new with Slobbo.

Reactions: 1 user
Cannot believe some of the muppets in the media claiming Hartlett was hard done by in getting a free against him for DOB. If they cannot see the difference between most DOB's that are subtle/questionable and a two handed scoop then they must be blind.

Reactions: 3 users
Cannot believe some of the muppets in the media claiming Hartlett was hard done by in getting a free against him for DOB. If they cannot see the difference between most DOB's that are subtle/questionable and a two handed scoop then they must be blind.
That was the most obvious of the night.

Reactions: 4 users