Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Started reading the Herald Sun footy liftout today and had to stop given the overwhelming bias towards Geelong.
Where's the balance??
Robinson's article on Geelong and what a swell team/club they are went for three pages.
Thought there might be something similar for Richmond but there didn't appear to be.
Put the liftout in the recycle bin and opened my first can.
GO TIGERS

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Started reading the Herald Sun footy liftout today and had to stop given the overwhelming bias towards Geelong.
Where's the balance??
Robinson's article on Geelong and what a swell team/club they are went for three pages.
Thought there might be something similar for Richmond but there didn't appear to be.
Put the liftout in the recycle bin and opened my first can.
GO TIGERS
The hate from the HS and their chief *smile* is real. He even mentioned he despises us.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Geelong desperately putting immense effort into winning over the media. Why would someone feel the need to do that?

Dusty hasn’t spent as many hours telling stories to the media as Dangerfield this week.

Hours and hours of sitting there, thinking what to say, collaborating with others to craft the right response, calling the media, talking to them privately off the record, carefully crafting your image in hopes it’ll put the opposition off their game.

Now let’s see how they play.

Go Tiges

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder if after the *smile* we were copping from the media during the lockdown, the club cut back access to the team down to absolute minimum that they are contractually obligated to do.

Might help explain the Geelong Media Lovefest. Or they really do believe there is a fairy-tale to be told about a money chasing mercenary.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
I wonder if after the *smile* we were copping from the media during the lockdown, the club cut back access to the team down to absolute minimum that they are contractually obligated to do.

Might help explain the Geelong Media Lovefest. Or they really do believe there is a fairy-tale to be told about a money chasing mercenary.
It was exactly the same scenario in 2017 and 2019.
Overwhelming support for the opposition. You could be excused for thinking Richmond were not even playing.
The hate is very real. This is 1974 all over again and I feel the final result will be the same.

Reactions: 6 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I would have thought a team going for a back to back and 3 in 4 years would be of some interest at least.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Crash Craddock tipped Geelong. Loves the Geelong “story”.

Gee there are going to be a lot of upset media people if the Geelong “fairytale” doesn’t get up.

Reactions: 4 users

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
All the attention is putting more pressure on Geelong to win and for Ablett and Danger to have amazing games. This is a blessing for the Tigers, they will come out and just get the job done

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
All the attention is putting more pressure on Geelong to win and for Ablett and Danger to have amazing games. This is a blessing for the Tigers, they will come out and just get the job done

I reckon so. Its almost like the media have built it up to be, Geelong have so much to play for, Richmond have nothing.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Gee there are going to be a lot of upset media people if the Geelong “fairytale” doesn’t get up.

Did you notice all them groan in agony when they showed the rain coming down.

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Former club employee David King appears to have a leaning towards Geelong
King’s definitely a weird unit. In one of Geelong’s Premiership years, he steadfastly refused to tip them, even when it became and more obvious that they were going to win. It seemed to make him more determined not to accept it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Ablett is finished.
Houli and baker will help out with his farewell

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Crash Craddock wouldn't know what football is even if one hit him in the head.
He dosent want AFL in Queensland.
AFL will be back to usual spot 4th page in the sports by Tuesday morning.