Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I like David King, he's reliable. You can set your watch to him.

Before every big game he describes how we'll lose, and afterwards he explains why we won.

Sounds like he's got the core skills to be an economist

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I like David King, he's reliable. You can set your watch to him.

Before every big game he describes how we'll lose, and afterwards he explains why we won.
Why isn't North chasing King as their new coach?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I love the Roar and their articles are generally well thought through so I am really bemused by their tips for the granny.

They have all gone for the cats but it is clear their views are not really based on objectivity but as their first expert - Stirling Coates says - and I like his honesty - is that he is barracking for Geelong and wants them to win, not who he thinks will win.

I think everyone is wanting, hoping the cats will win.

What made me laugh though, is for last weeks games they (there is 3 of them) collectively got 1 out of 6 correct.

I loved this quote from their article -
“The thing with Richmond is when they begin to play on a knife’s edge, they become their most dangerous and are so good that no-one is a chance of stopping them. Their work rate around the stoppages and centre clearances against Port Adelaide in the prelim was elite, and not to mention they boast one of the best finals players in Dustin Martin.” - but still tipped the cats :clap2

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Today's hearld sun
3 huge stories of Geelong and there journey.
2 articles on us, our indiscipline during games and the off field issue's and we need the rain to beat them.

• Sad
  • Angry

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Not to mention the Geelong Footy Show on Nine last Sunday.

About 5 minutes in total on the Tiges. Unfunny deadbeats laughing at each other with puerile injokes.

On the other hand, The Front Bar is a winner!

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I love the Roar and their articles are generally well thought through so I am really bemused by their tips for the granny.

They have all gone for the cats but it is clear their views are not really based on objectivity but as their first expert - Stirling Coates says - and I like his honesty - is that he is barracking for Geelong and wants them to win, not who he thinks will win.

I think everyone is wanting, hoping the cats will win.

What made me laugh though, is for last weeks games they (there is 3 of them) collectively got 1 out of 6 correct.

I loved this quote from their article -
“The thing with Richmond is when they begin to play on a knife’s edge, they become their most dangerous and are so good that no-one is a chance of stopping them. Their work rate around the stoppages and centre clearances against Port Adelaide in the prelim was elite, and not to mention they boast one of the best finals players in Dustin Martin.” - but still tipped the cats :clap2
I generally like the Roar, but I’ve stayed away this week because it is full of Cats supporters and Richmond haters. I’ve also found the near continuous accusations of alt ids and stuff that invades every comment thread quite tiresome.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Today's hearld sun
3 huge stories of Geelong and there journey.
2 articles on us, our indiscipline during games and the off field issue's and we need the rain to beat them.

Stay away from the Hun, the Age has heaps of good Richmond stuff this week.

EDIT JB beat me to it.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Not to mention the Geelong Footy Show on Nine last Sunday.

About 5 minutes in total on the Tiges. Unfunny deadbeats laughing at each other with puerile injokes.

On the other hand, The Front Bar is a winner!
That show will be like a morgue if we get up.

All the "experts" are tipping against us again...

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
24 hours before a grand final
Hearld Sun.
Im not sure if we are playing in it...20201023_190032.jpg20201023_190021.jpg20201023_190011.jpg20201023_185959.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Amusing to see the reaction on 360 when Max Gawn refused to buy into the Cats wankfest and committed the unpardonable sin of tipping the Tigers. Slobbo was on it like a seagull onto a hot chip, angrily demanding that Max explain his reasoning. Mincey giggled in the background.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users