Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
A snippet out of the H/S on the most powerful people in the AFL.
Couldn't help themselves and having another dig at Dusty and his media ban.

Dustin Martin​

Richmond champion​

Networks don’t fork out billions of dollars to televise B-graders – they are attracted to marquee names and there’s none bigger than Dustin Martin (and Buddy in NSW). So what a shame Dusty treats the media with such disdain. But it’s a special blend when the most marketable player in the game can draw kids to his ‘don’t argue’ fend-off and grown men to adopt his haircuts.

Dare you Sam Landsberger to say it too Dustys face.
AFL clubs have responsibilities to ensure they have players available to the media and I assume RFC is meeting those obligations despite Dusty not being rolled out. They must be or you would expect the AFL to be pushing the club to get it changed.
In a funny way his lack of media exposure adds to his mystique these days. It won't be long before he gets called "the reclusive AFL star".
For those who go to these events like open training days I assume Dusty is engaging with the fans, getting photos and signing autographs? To me as long as he does that I'm happy as a Tiger supporter

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Why would he give the media anyting given how they treat him in regards to how they report about him etc?

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It’s hard to believe these vermin just get worse , I see Tommy is coming back now too , that’ll lift their credibility :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It’s hard to believe these vermin just get worse , I see Tommy is coming back now too , that’ll lift their credibility :cool:
If anything that just proves what a "boys club" it really is. Just take a yr off Tommy till it all blows over & come back they'll forget it.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Talk about dog whistling.

Channel 7 go with the AFL announce rule change 6 weeks before the start of the season.

Turns out it is a move to four umpires which we heard about in maybe August last year? No wonder these things stick with people.

Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I'm not going to start a new thread about this crap fish and chip wrapper.
So I will park this question here.
I stopped buying the Hun many years ago.

The only thing I liked was the poster lift out at the start of each year.
Does anyone know when ours comes out, or have I already missed it?

Much obliged.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I'm not going to start a new thread about this crap fish and chip wrapper.
So I will park this question here.
I stopped buying the Hun many years ago.

The only thing I liked was the poster lift out at the start of each year.
Does anyone know when ours comes out, or have I already missed it?

Much obliged.
missed it by a cuppla days. Ahh duzzen matta.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Any possible chance Nonsense Whateley can stop his Cartoon infatuation? Invites Mark Noclure on who at least praises us a bit and yet Nonsense reverts to Cartoon talk again.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Im not sure where you have been, but Pinoccio is part of the SEN Richmond Hate Squad.
He blew in his pants talking to the Geelong players after there GF win, compare it to 2020 or even 2017. He looks devastated.
Any possible chance Nonsense Whateley can stop his Cartoon infatuation? Invites Mark Noclure on who at least praises us a bit and yet Nonsense reverts to Cartoon talk again.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Im not sure where you have been, but Pinoccio is part of the SEN Richmond Hate Squad.
He blew in his pants talking to the Geelong players after there GF win, compare it to 2020 or even 2017. He looks devastated.
Do you ever notice how silent he goes everytime someone talks about us? Stays silent and/or changes subject. I'm glad that at least Blobbo shows some thought for us. Even on AFL360 with Voss and Dimma, only Blobbo asked Dimma questions.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Early contender for the most stupidest comment of the year.
View attachment 18406

F Me, stupid or just delusional.

Blockbuster and Chernobyl are a contradiction in terms, then you see who is playing, they will be lucky to get 10K, there will be a few in the top deck looking down on the unavailable empty seats below and that's about it. Are the WCE cheer squad going to bother coming over?

DS

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Yes, a huge blockbuster that might not draw a packed out crowd……
The only way that game would draw a crowd was if it was the curtain raiser to the Ed sheeran concerts. Even then, the crowd would only turn up 5 minutes before the concert and skip the game altogether

Last edited:

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Parret at it again on Footy Classified - so far this week he is concerned that our two new recruits are too slow - he put us at 10 on the ladder and also has just tipped Curnow to kick 7 goals tonight. What a wanker

• Haha

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Do you ever notice how silent he goes everytime someone talks about us? Stays silent and/or changes subject. I'm glad that at least Blobbo shows some thought for us. Even on AFL360 with Voss and Dimma, only Blobbo asked Dimma questions.
He was on mute the entire segment.
He thanked them for coming and thenwrapped it just before the next commercial.
Who cares. *smile* them all..
3 flags that's all i care about.
Those 4 years we were unbeatable.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users