Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I heard it. Was ok but think he sometimes takes the softer approach when talking about teams, coaches and players. Gives it to the AFL, umpiring, MRO etc but goes light on the clubs and their performances. Doesn’t want to upset them, maybe for fear of severing potential opportunities down the track ?
I think Buckley and Hardwick are good mates. Maybe that has something to do with it.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I think Buckley understands how hard it is whereas the media numpties say things like "why don't they play fast football down the middle" without considering there is an opposition out there.

Reactions: 10 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Matt Rendell on SEN this morning: "We need to take our hats off to Richmond for changing the game back in 2017 which a lot of the clubs have followed"

Where's this recognition from the AFL?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
AFL is stuck in the 20th Century. All they want to rave about is Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton…. and Geelong being the greatest team of all.

And by the way it’s still only April.

Reactions: 1 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Matt Rendell on SEN this morning: "We need to take our hats off to Richmond for changing the game back in 2017 which a lot of the clubs have followed"

The AFL did recognise it when they changed the rules to stop us.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
On a different matter- gee the post game stuff is rubbish. Maybe if we had won, and they were in our rooms it would have bee more interesting- but they spoke to Brayshaw for about 30mins, mostly about his engagement and parents, no analysis of the game, then cut short Hardwicks press conference. Is that really what the football watching public want?

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
On a different matter- gee the post game stuff is rubbish. Maybe if we had won, and they were in our rooms it would have bee more interesting- but they spoke to Brayshaw for about 30mins, mostly about his engagement and parents, no analysis of the game, then cut short Hardwicks press conference. Is that really what the football watching public want?
Agree. Just media rubbish. Congrats to Brayshaw and the late Spud's daughter.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Wait a minute... what about the state of the game?

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'm surprised he was able to put a sentence together

Well, maybe give him credit at least for giving due credit to us. Nearly everyone has taken key components of RFC game-style, some more than others, but it's like the Skunks under McCrae invented it.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

What form what that recognition take?
I was happy being recognised with three flags.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I heard it. Was ok but think he sometimes takes the softer approach when talking about teams, coaches and players. Gives it to the AFL, umpiring, MRO etc but goes light on the clubs and their performances. Doesn’t want to upset them, maybe for fear of severing potential opportunities down the track ?
All the above plus he'd be more understanding of what it's like in Clubland than many others in the media (those that have never Coached that is)

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Try & find a decent match preview of this weeks game. 360 last night & "the picks" on SEN did a combined 4mins if we are lucky. on "the picks" Adel v Coll went for 7mins alone...

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
King provides a reasonable explanation about us while Wimpy asks (again) "have they fallen off the cliff?".

Just like Cornhead, keeps focusing on the negative side again bringing up this 'we hate the Dump' rubbish.

Last edited:

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
King provides a reasonable explanation about us while Wimpy asks (again) "have they fallen off the cliff?".

Just like Cornhead, keeps focusing on the negative side again bringing up this 'we hate the Dump' rubbish.
With Pinoccio what else would you expect??
You don't know the damage we created when we slapped them with little Ablett, Little Selwood, Little Dangerfield and Little FatGuts all playing and we ripped them apart.
This is his pay back. Big Deal.
Send him photos of Dangerfield sniffing Dustys jocks and Stanley dropping the mark.