Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I think the media has on the whole lost their way over recent years. With the $ and saturation it’s moved markedly to shock and awe with first not fact as a mantra.
It’s a shame as it will take a long time, if ever to self level and correct.

Reactions: 1 users
Mar Maclure fair dinkum.
Tigers remind him of Brisbane when they were past their best and started fighting...
Seriously - in his head he is equating Lynch’s love tap to Allister Lynch’s windmill effort against Port in the GF that Brosbane lost.
What evidence is he basing this on??
We field a younger team than Carlton..!
He spent 5 minutes rapping Carlton up - but if Newnes had of missed, he would have spent 5 minutes bagging them. That is the shallowness of the analysis

Dont watch that show much anymore . but turned off something on netflex, it went back to foxtel and he was on , so sat there and listened to him ,

We are gone apparently , its all over according to him

Reactions: 1 user
I'll add another massive *smile* me to the list.
The TV commentary never gives the full score anymore. "Richmond 5-5-35 Collingwood.0-1-1."
Just another micro aggression against the footy public.

$50 bucks Parrot bags Lynch in his weekly 'sliding doors' column

Some quality journalism here from a couple of numb-nuts @ foxfooty.... Obviously our trading post 2016 must've been more shithouse than I remember!

The embarrassing thing for Matt Balmer is he is a Richmond supporter and sees himself as a draft guru. He's a nice fella but also a typical AFL journo these days: young, never played the game as an adult, think they know everything just by watching.

Wow, what a bunch of idiots.

Apparently losing Tom Lynch wasn't a big loss for GC, not even mentioned.

Then there are the assessments:
Geelong: A :rotfl1 Gee, they must have a few premierships from their recruiting.
Hawthorn A+ - really, they are on the slide in a big way. 3 flags, yep, great, but a big slide following that, maybe an A-.

DS
I threw my coffee and smashed it into.my work concrete floor,said what biast rubbish,we have fargin 10 odd rookie players and in a youth led rebuild while jagging 2 flags.

We must understand that most commentators nowadays aren't journalists but retired footballers and are paid not to be well researched, inciteful or accurate but enboldened to make whatever comment draws a reaction.
Look no further than the White House to see how this is used to incite and divide.
Tom Lynch may have an anger problem or he may just be reacting to nagging tactics....he certainly doesn't seem to receive many free kicks.... but only a proper journalist would try to discover a balanced story in that. It would probably then not be published as it would not be sensational enough.

Reactions: 2 users
So an example of media *smile*. Mark Robinson interviewing Micheal Walters on afl 360. Robinson says to walters words to the effect of: " mate you were a bit of a hot head 5 years ago and now you seem like a decent human being". Seriously! This is what journalism has become? *smile* loaded questions. What the *smile* was Walters meant to say? " *smile* you Robbo, I used to speak mind, now I've realised the repercussions to speaking my mind, so i've dumbed it down to tow the party line." I am so sick of this *smile*, yet the media constantly whinge about not getting proper access, etc.Couldnt care less about how much money the competition gets out of broadcast rights. Much preferred the game when it was working class, and the peoples game. Robb is a *smile* clueless *smile* yet makes more money out of this game than your average player. How the *smile* does that work. Rant over.

Reactions: 3 users
So an example of media *smile*. Mark Robinson interviewing Micheal Walters on afl 360. Robinson says to walters words to the effect of: " mate you were a bit of a hot head 5 years ago and now you seem like a decent human being". Seriously! This is what journalism has become? *smile* loaded questions. What the *smile* was Walters meant to say? " *smile* you Robbo, I used to speak mind, now I've realised the repercussions to speaking my mind, so i've dumbed it down to tow the party line." I am so sick of this *smile*, yet the media constantly whinge about not getting proper access, etc.Couldnt care less about how much money the competition gets out of broadcast rights. Much preferred the game when it was working class, and the peoples game. Robb is a *smile* clueless *smile* yet makes more money out of this game than your average player. How the *smile* does that work. Rant over.

I changed the channel.
Territory cops.
As soon as this season is over foxtel will be gone. Im not paying to keep this crap going.
Im not working either therefore i don't listen to Sen.
So i should be immune and back to normal by November

Gold post kyuss I am of the opinion there needs to be kind of clubs summit of the media. They are a disgrace.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m quite surprised at Sliding Doors. Didn’t bag Lynch, Dimma or the other two muppets. Said it was good and hoped there were no *smile* “apologies”.

I think he might be unwell and got somebody else to cover for him.

I’m quite surprised at Sliding Doors. Didn’t bag Lynch, Dimma or the other two muppets. Said it was good and hoped there were no *smile* “apologies”.

That’s because Robinson is one of the 100s of footy people that hate the Parrot.Hence the Parrot would have loved what Dimma said yesterday.

something is up.
I don’t trust him

That’s because Robinson is one of the 100s of footy people that hate the Parrot.Hence the Parrot would have loved what Dimma said yesterday.

Exactly. The 2 people Hardwick went after aren't favourites of The Parrott.
It would've been a different story if it was him on the receiving end of the Hardwick comments.
Parrott would've loved Dimma's comments bagging/telling them to STFU.