Footy to Return | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy to Return

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Now the push is on for a 'wildcard'. These *smile* are *smile* *smile*.

Swear filter works well I see.:D

Jabba tha Hutchie will probably be the mastermind behind that............ been harping on about it for years.

He needs to go and play with the traffic as my mama would say.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Great news.

I suspect it wouldn't be lawful to force the app?

but I'd get it in a heartbeat to go watch the tigers.

My local pool has reopened for laps and you have to give them your phone number, which I've got no drama with

People ask for my phone number after they see me in the pool.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Am I right to assume that as we play WC @ Metricon in R5 that we will remain in GC in the 'hub' for the next few rounds after that?

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Am I right to assume that as we play WC @ Metricon in R5 that we will remain in GC in the 'hub' for the next few rounds after that?
The way I see it, there will only be a hub after round 5 if it's still needed to meet the travel restriction requirements of the WA and SA governments. I doubt we would be required to stay there unless it was to play one of them or GC.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah AFL teams can fly in, play, and leave again.

That's why clubs are in QLD as opposed to WA or SA where you would have to quarantine for 14 days before playing.

Oh, that explains why we have to fly in on the day. Do they have to leave the same day as well?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Even though it won’t be anywhere near as good as a normal game day experience, so bloody glad the footy will be back , with no games the pathetic footy media have been element dribbling *smile* with no footy to talk about

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
We will get 7 in a row before the finals

the narrative in the media atm seems to be focusing on crowds returning, perhaps even by the end of the home and away season. if that occurs, we would be better off playing as many away games as possible right now. I would be more than happy for our next block of 4 to be 1 home, 3 away.

Wild card really makes no sense.

1. First time ever we have an equitable draw. Top 8 should be more than enough
2. AFL are doing whatever they can to compress the season into a short time frame. Wild card round will just extend the season

Jabba the Hutchy must have directed all Croc Media people to push the wild card angle.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but there has never been a better time to experiment with the finals series. I'm more than happy to trial the wildcard weekend or even a final 10 system based on 2 x the McIntyre final 5 system.

You say it makes no sense, but i disagree. It makes perfect sense to extend the finals series when we move permanently to a 17 or 18 round season.

Oh, that explains why we have to fly in on the day. Do they have to leave the same day as well?

correct. the AFL is arranging chartered flights.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
No, you can fly in and out of Qld, hence it was selected as a hub.
From a fixture point of view only, I wouldn’t mind us staying on in Brisbane for away games against GC and Brisbane.
Both have good big grounds with safe ground surfaces.
We would also come home with a 5 to 2 away games in our favour and therefore a good chance of avoiding further games at Marvel, and in Tas and in WA.
I actually wouldn’t mind a fixture in Geelong. Our team will be better than last years. Geelong won’t.
Best not to get to cocky but I attended a massacre at Marvel a few years back and I can think of nothing better than returning the favour down there. But only if we get full coverage of coach scott

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Even though it won’t be anywhere near as good as a normal game day experience, so bloody glad the footy will be back , with no games the pathetic footy media have been element dribbling *smile* with no footy to talk about
When I saw the article 'Who is the best Round 5 Rising Star nominee?' on the afl site, I was like 'we need footy back, stat!'

But it really made me think. It made me think the AFL is not saving nearly enough money.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
the narrative in the media atm seems to be focusing on crowds returning, perhaps even by the end of the home and away season. if that occurs, we would be better off playing as many away games as possible right now. I would be more than happy for our next block of 4 to be 1 home, 3 away.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but there has never been a better time to experiment with the finals series. I'm more than happy to trial the wildcard weekend or even a final 10 system based on 2 x the McIntyre final 5 system.

You say it makes no sense, but i disagree. It makes perfect sense to extend the finals series when we move permanently to a 17 or 18 round season.

correct. the AFL is arranging chartered flights.

agrree - play as many away games now whilst there are no crowds and then listen to the saltiness when we have a home run leading into the finals. Remember the AFL dudded us this year anyway with the draw and the club refused to provide a public comment - based on I think the comments from the Geelong mafia.

personally, I don’t like the wild card idea - I reckon the 8 is 2 teams too many already - and I like the tradition that the tigers have handed over the 9th baton to some other pretender team.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
8 out of 18 in the finals is reasonable, more than that and it becomes ridiculous. For years we had a final 4 with 12 teams, so 33% of teams got into finals. Then we had 5 out of 12, just under 42%. Now it is 44%, don't want to go any further, makes getting into finals a joke.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
8 out of 18 in the finals is reasonable, more than that and it becomes ridiculous. For years we had a final 4 with 12 teams, so 33% of teams got into finals. Then we had 5 out of 12, just under 42%. Now it is 44%, don't want to go any further, makes getting into finals a joke.
DS
Agree DS, rewarding mediocrity for more revenue.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

DS

I believe its a certainty Tassie will be the next expansion team and we will move to a 19 round season with 18 games and a bye each. This will give us an extra 3-4 weeks to fill. expanding the finals series by an extra week will play a part in this, you can take it to the bank.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Agree DS, rewarding mediocrity for more revenue.

The AFL has had a dream run in recent years, with Collingwood, WC, Adelaide, and Us
Bringing in huge crowds.
*Tv deals in the mega milions
*Sponsorship through the roof.
*Memberships in huge numbers

But a week into this pandemic, they run for a 600 million dollar loan
What will 1 extra game change?
Between North vs Stkilda??