Footy to Return | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy to Return

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Its looking more likely this years grand final will be a tree falling in the forest...
but if Richmond win the premiership, listen for the sound of one hand clapping...
that will be me, holding a can and cheering like a buddhist at a nirvana concert.
Well if we win it, it was won by the best cherry ripe team of an era.
If the saints win it, and don’t follow up, there will be a huge asterisk.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It being suggested that emergency workers be given priority to attend the grand final.

I would counter, where where the fire fighters, doctors and nurses between 1982 and 2016?

I didn't see a single one of 'em

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It being suggested that emergency workers be given priority to attend the grand final.

I would counter, where where the fire fighters, doctors and nurses between 1982 and 2016?

No way.
People holding club memberships over 20 year's should be the first on the list.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

*smile* me. This stuff like clapping for medical staff and reverence for service men and women etc. makes me sick. Pay them what you should, fund the resources they need. That's what they want, not *smile*.

Reactions: 9 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
*smile* me. This stuff like clapping for medical staff and reverence for service men and women etc. makes me sick. Pay them what you should, fund the resources they need. That's what they want, not *smile*.

Yep, and stop and ask the cleaner from Bangladesh (who has a phD in astrophysics) how she's going and share a joke?

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
NRL is back tonight. Outside of state of origin and the NRL GF, I can't remember the last time I watched a regular season NRL game in full.

But I've gotta say I'm looking forward to the game tonight. Apparently the game is being televised in the US and there is a bit of interest there too. NRL gets 2 weeks of clear exposure in our sporting landscape.

For all his faults V'Landys is aggressive and it's paid off.

His next pursuit is capped crowds by early July. If that gets me a seat at the Richmond v Eagles game at Metricon I fully support him!!

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Tick from me for the canned crowd.
I enjoyed the game as a Parra fan - but I found the canned crowd noise incredibly annoying and distracting. For me it detracts from the viewing - I'd much rather listen to the players and commentators than that out of sync, out of context fake noise.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
I enjoyed the game as a Parra fan - but I found the canned crowd noise incredibly annoying and distracting. For me it detracts from the viewing - I'd much rather listen to the players and commentators than that out of sync, out of context fake noise.

Didn't watch it but would love to hear a more in depth review of it, both on the positive and negative side. My thought of it is like my eyes wrestling with my ears, I cant see how it could be pulled off well.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Having a look at the weather on the 11th.
Ive taken an average over 3 weather forecast sites.
The results are in,
Top temperature between 11-12
Chance of rain. Unlikely, one does say rain expected in the evening.
Feels like temperature. Between 10-12.
Wind 8-10kms.
Slapping conditions. Richmond by 32... :p

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Didn't watch it but would love to hear a more in depth review of it, both on the positive and negative side. My thought of it is like my eyes wrestling with my ears, I cant see how it could be pulled off well.
Not in depth, but my thoughts I initially posted on NRL thread the other night.
I will add it's got that momentary lag between when the play happens and whoever has the unenviable job of inserting the audio.
In the end, if it starts to get up my nose I'll just hit mute.
I also get your point @kyuss that your brain is telling you there ain’t no crowd when your ears hear otherwise so that's a whole other issue.

They're using a little bit of crowd noise which, though a tad clunky at times, it's not over the top and I reckon at cavernous places like the G will knock out the treble and give us some bass. Fake Noise. ... I can live with it.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Not in depth, but my thoughts I initially posted on NRL thread the other night.
I will add it's got that momentary lag between when the play happens and whoever has the unenviable job of inserting the audio.
In the end, if it starts to get up my nose I'll just hit mute.
I also get your point @kyuss that your brain is telling you there ain’t no crowd when your ears hear otherwise so that's a whole other issue.

Surely it would make sense to just delay the broadcast by a couple of seconds to a minute to sync up the noise better.

It's not like the broadcast is ever truly live anyway.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Surely it would make sense to just delay the broadcast by a couple of seconds to a minute to sync up the noise better.

It's not like the broadcast is ever truly live anyway.

Turn off the sound using the mute button, that works.

I do the same for those annoying commentators in past days. That also works.