Footy to Return | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy to Return

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
NRL is back tonight. Outside of state of origin and the NRL GF, I can't remember the last time I watched a regular season NRL game in full.

But I've gotta say I'm looking forward to the game tonight. Apparently the game is being televised in the US and there is a bit of interest there too. NRL gets 2 weeks of clear exposure in our sporting landscape.

For all his faults V'Landys is aggressive and it's paid off.

His next pursuit is capped crowds by early July. If that gets me a seat at the Richmond v Eagles game at Metricon I fully support him!!

V'Landys is aiming to have limited attendance at each of the NRL and Sydney metro racing from 1 July. The latter would be restricted to members and owners in the first instance.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Smart decision if true. Ridiculous gimmick.

I think charging fans for the privilege isn't right. Who gets the money? the club or a charity? if it was donated to charity or COVID research, I would have been fine with it. In fact, I would have bought one. But paying for membership and getting no value out of it as it is... It would have been insulting for clubs to profit from it.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I think charging fans for the privilege isn't right. Who gets the money? the club or a charity? if it was donated to charity or COVID research, I would have been fine with it. In fact, I would have bought one. But paying for membership and getting no value out of it as it is... It would have been insulting for clubs to profit from it.
But no one is forcing a person to pay. If people want to pay why not?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I watched a full 90 minutes (they had 2 5 min golden point times) of Rugby League out of desperation on Sunday.

Knights V Panthers.

Gotta say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. I loved it.

It was a very good game with some great character development, complications and plot.

Homegrown debutant fullback, son of a son of Newcastle; early injury decimation to Newcastle; colossal defensive effort to hold on.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I watched a full 90 minutes (they had 2 5 min golden point times) of Rugby League out of desperation on Sunday.

Knights V Panthers.

It was a very good game with some great character development, complications and plot.

Homegrown debutant fullback, son of a son of Newcastle; early injury decimation to Newcastle; colossal defensive effort to hold on.
LOL I did the same & said to my missus that I enjoyed it, haven't watched it for years

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Knights V Panthers.

I watched 3 games. The new rules did make it a nicer spectacle.

I really enjoyed the Storm v Raiders game. Storm had chances to win it but the raiders defence forced the Storm to make errors.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

the opposite for me. i put the storm game on for 10 minutes and that was enough for me. I'd much rather watch F.K. Slutsk in the Belarus Premier League... my newly adopted sports team.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
the opposite for me. i put the storm game on for 10 minutes and that was enough for me. I'd much rather watch F.K. Slutsk in the Belarus Premier League... my newly adopted sports team.

Go The Sluts!!!! (Hoping they are a mens football team, and the crazy pc fun police gone mad don't come down hard on me)

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Go The Sluts!!!! (Hoping they are a mens football team, and the crazy pc fun police gone mad don't come down hard on me)

It started as a bit of a joke due to the funny name, but many people have got right behind them. the"F.K Slutsk Worldwide" Facey page was created by a guy from Adelaide that has made worldwide attention. They are a poor club that just lost its major sponsor. There is a Go Fund Me page trying to raise funds for them. As well as trying to arrange merchandise for overseas fans that the club can profir from. F.K Slutsk have even recognised the Facey fan page by posting a banner and an Australian flag at all of their home games. It’s all good fun

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Rather stick a fork in my eye then watch Rugby.
They're playing without crowds, they're use to it.
Average crowds of under 10000 is the norm.

go polo

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 28, 2005
for the NRL the small crowd would be like any home & away crowd in sydney

Mark Zanotti

Tiger Cub
Apr 19, 2013
This is a pretty meaningless post, but I am so F#$$#@ing pumped for footy to resume, it gives me chills.

Reactions: 8 users