Foster's cup game against little pies. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Foster's cup game against little pies.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
V the pies heck we rested Dusty (last qtr), Cotchin & Nank after half time, Grimes and Edwards (last qtr). Whereas the pies kept all their stars on and we still won.
I Love this Fact.

Must be sent to all Maggots fans who are talking emselves up for closing in on us in the last quarter and nearly knocking us off.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Some interesting TOG numbers from last night's game.

Of Collingwood's big names, Jeremy Howe on 67% was the lowest (not counting Sidebottom, 9% due to injury). Looking through the data, it was clearly Collingwood's plan to get miles in the legs. Or was it? Maybe the early trend of the game made them worry they were going to get blown off the park. Interesting that neither Bianco or Greenwood got a run despite being there and kitted up.

Moore 96%, Pendlebury 89%, Roughead 94%, Crisp 88%, De Goey an injury-affected 76%, Grundy 86% and Maynard an injury-affected 82% were each notably high.

By way of contrast, the takeout from the Tigers' numbers is much the same as the Melbourne game, where it would seem as though pre-determined minutes were to be played regardless of the match score.

Martin 64%, Cotchin 32%, Grimes 63%, Rioli 72% and Nankervis 35% were notable for low minutes.

love your work.

there was a time not long ago where we were desperate to win pre season to get early momentum - now we wait till rounds 11 till we crank up.

just shows where the pies are at

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone just hear what Cuz Nick said? Daddy Long Legs can't wait to play us again to square the ledger. This *smile* keeps asking for it.

Feb 25, 2007
I Love this Fact.

Must be sent to all Maggots fans who are talking emselves up for closing in on us in the last quarter and nearly knocking us off.

This is what I've told a few already, in the first half when we had everyone on how did you fare? We controlled the game and were 4 goals up.
That last qtr, we had chol, martyn, caddy, bolton in the centre square and pies had grundy, pendles, de goey and Sier

They desperately wanted that win, why else would you keep Pendles, Grundy, Moore, De Goey, on for the whole game. Now could you imagine what the scores would be if they took those 4 off and we kept our stars on , dusty, cotchin, grimes, Edwards and Nank. The score would've blown out to a 10 goal win. Let's not lose sight that we also had 18 more inside 50s.

We had Lynch out they had Mihocheck (lynch better)
We had Houli out they had Mayne out (houli better)
We had Prestia out they had Taylor Adams out (they cancel each other out,)

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Anyone just hear what Cuz Nick said? Daddy Long Legs can't wait to play us again to square the ledger. This *smile* keeps asking for it.
They are all coming for us TF. Aints, the Ferals, the Bears especially. They all think they can roll us.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They are all coming for us TF. Aints, the Ferals, the Bears especially. They all think they can roll us.
True. Going by this last game of the series, at least Miragebourne might be another false dawn. Feel sorry for big Max.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
This is what I've told a few already, in the first half when we had everyone on how did you fare? We controlled the game and were 4 goals up.
That last qtr, we had chol, martyn, caddy, bolton in the centre square and pies had grundy, pendles, de goey and Sier

They desperately wanted that win, why else would you keep Pendles, Grundy, Moore, De Goey, on for the whole game. Now could you imagine what the scores would be if they took those 4 off and we kept our stars on , dusty, cotchin, grimes, Edwards and Nank. The score would've blown out to a 10 goal win. Let's not lose sight that we also had 18 more inside 50s.

We had Lynch out they had Mihocheck (lynch better)
We had Houli out they had Mayne out (houli better)
They won’t accept it. Seriously these flogs think DeGoey will be as good as Dusty.

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Dees missing a few here but they look as disorganised as ever to me. Petracca just kicked a goal but I haven't noticed him at all.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The Chaps reckon they signed up an extra 5 to 6k members on the back of beating us last week. ..... they've always been a canny lot with their pennies the old school tie boys.... Surely they'll be queuing up for the refund now.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Bears had their chance handed to them a whole season at home pretty much got it gift wrapped on a silver platter and they still *smile* the bed.

Bears are not beating us on the MCG in a GF, I'm pretty confident of that.

We wouldve beaten them in the QF for mine had Lynch and Broad played.

No coincidence they both returned the following week and we went on with the job against the Aints, Kochies and Cats.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The pies firesale of dumping players for salary cap this year is going to really hurt them.

We hang it on Trelol but he was a prime accumulator, link man and their major two way running midfielder.

Trelol , Sidebottom, and Philips their 3 main 2 way runners, always played well against us, and they've moved 2 of em on., and they would both kick goals.

Throw in Stephenson and that is 3 first 18 players for the Skunks.

Cox triggering his $550k deal probably meant they had to lose one of these guys, thats the very best part of the whole saga.

They probably were preparing to low ball Cox's next deal hence the rumor he started talking to other clubs.

Then he triggered his deal ................................ best.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
love your work.

there was a time not long ago where we were desperate to win pre season to get early momentum - now we wait till rounds 11 till we crank up.

just shows where the pies are at

The Pies will seriously struggle to score this year I think. Their best forward (De Goey) will be played more in the middle due to losing Treloar. They will also play Sidebum on the wing so he'll have less stints in the midfield. Massive focus on Adams. Pendlebury and De Goey in the midfield. They also want to play Elliott more in the middle, so because they screwed up their list management, they will need to sacrifice their forward line for their midfield.

Expect the Pies to be putrid to watch this year as Buckley will go the full flood this year as he know they won't score big scores, so their aim will be to suppress the other team and hope to catch them on the break. What a fall from grace from a GF place in 2018.

I also reckon Grundy won't be as dominant this year, thought he was negated pretty easily by Nank in the 1st half and he only got on top when he was facing Chol, CCJ, Balta and Astbury which should be expected.

Reactions: 2 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Just to add to their woes I reckon I saw the first signs of Pendleury slowing down in the game against us. He has been unbelievably consistent over his career but I reckon he could be near the end. That's a huge loss for them.

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Rayner has hurt his knee for anyone interested.
Looked bad then hobbled/walked off. Reckon a month max from the vision but who knows.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Wow.
I say this is the biggest disparity of the three you mentioned, Prestia is an out and out gun. Taylor is not.
Each to their own though.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just to add to their woes I reckon I saw the first signs of Pendleury slowing down in the game against us. He has been unbelievably consistent over his career but I reckon he could be near the end. That's a huge loss for them.
Spent a lot of game time hovering in a big hole a kick behind play waiting for the cheapie.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Wow.
I say this is the biggest disparity of the three you mentioned, Prestia is an out and out gun. Taylor is not.
Each to their own though.

Come on HR be fair. Adams is elite.........................................................at throwing the ball

Reactions: 1 users