Fraser Turner | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fraser Turner

bullus_hit said:
Will surprise, more of a Grigg type, pure gut runner.

I was being a bit facetious - I have no idea about the boy apart from those few highlights on the AFL site.

bullus_hit said:
Will surprise, more of a Grigg type, pure gut runner.

Traits of a right footed Isaac Smith. My 2nd favorite of our drafted boys after RCD of course. Probably have to wait a few years, hopefully he can gain some wait/muscle easier than Menadue.

caesar said:
Traits of a right footed Isaac Smith. My 2nd favorite of our drafted boys after RCD of course. Probably have to wait a few years, hopefully he can gain some wait/muscle easier than Menadue.

Me too, although I haven't seen too much of Ross so I'm largely going on second hand info. But Turner I like a lot, 24 touches at state level and nailed a couple from outside 50. Really smart player and young so plenty of upside.

what is his speed like? 20m?
reports of great endurance but no mention of speed

caesar said:
2cm shorter/7kg heavier than Menadue was when drafted.

BrisTiger24 said:
Haha...ditto. I had the same thought. Expectation low on this kid

The interesting thing is he's outside but had more contested possessions than McHenry, didn't clock up the tackles but was in the top 5 possession getters at the carnival. So my reading of the situation is his bread & butter is on the spread but isn't totally hopeless at winning his own ball.

tigerdell said:
draft central gives 2.976-second 20m sprint

Nice. With the new rules a good winger is more critical. Happy to recruit a type that just might excel in this position.

Will forever be called in games as Fraser Turner like all players who have a surname as a first name

Taylor walker, Fraser brown etc have all suffered the same fate. Never worked out why but for some reason it happens

Sintiger said:
Will forever be called in games as Fraser Turner like all players who have a surname as a first name

Taylor walker, Fraser brown etc have all suffered the same fate. Never worked out why but for some reason it happens

Harris Andrews. For a couple of years I thought that was his hyphenated surname!

mtench said:
Going on the footage am I the only one a little underwhelmed........

Yep a little. Hard to tell with the short highlights reels but his kicking seemed fairly ordinary. Then again it's a pick #58 so there's going to be limitations that kept them from being picked higher.

tigerlove said:
Yep a little. Hard to tell with the short highlights reels but his kicking seemed fairly ordinary. Then again it's a pick #58 so there's going to be limitations that kept them from being picked higher.

Kicking was down playing for the Allies (50% KE) but was much better playing for Tassie. Generally a good long kick & I like the fact he always uses his feet, particularly on the overlap. He's a candidate for Houli's role, that was the first thing I thought about when I saw him play.

Bizzbizz said:
Finally have our own elite wingman see him as issac smith

That's another possibility, a Grigg replacement.

bullus_hit said:
Kicking was down playing for the Allies (50% KE) but was much better playing for Tassie. Generally a good long kick & I like the fact he always uses his feet, particularly on the overlap. He's a candidate for Houli's role, that was the first thing I thought about when I saw him play.

That's another possibility, a Grigg replacement.

Ok thanks, that's good to know. We really do need a Grigg replacement as he's getting to the stage of running on the spot due to age.