Fraser Turner | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fraser Turner

FWIW i put this kid in on AFL Live on PS 3 & he drilled a nice set shot from 55 out that landed in the crowd :p

Sintiger said:
Will forever be called in games as Fraser Turner like all players who have a surname as a first name

Perhaps he and Jack Ross can exchange a first name for a surname. Jack Fraser and Ross Turner.

Harry said:
Perhaps he and Jack Ross can exchange a first name for a surname. Jack Fraser and Ross Turner.

There is a precedent for this. Football teams have been exchanging syllables for years. Just ask any “Tiges” fan or any “Hawkers” or “Sainters” fan.

Puts Menadue under the pump as the 'next in line' runner.
Says a lot about the club's assessment for Menadue, we know he is likely out if he doesnt perform in 2019. And we now have Fraser Turner as a new candidate

tigerdell said:
Says a lot about the club's assessment for Menadue, we know he is likely out if he doesnt perform in 2019. And we now have Fraser Turner as a new candidate
I reckon it's more that we just need more run overall. Grigg and Houli coming towards the end, Sheds getting on, Conca and co. gone.

Last chance for Connor, its an endichtment on him that he is still in a position to be usurped by first year players after how many seasons at the club.

tigerdell said:

Menedue is like Tom McKenzie. Doesn’t use his speed.

Menadue has gone from 68kg when drafted, to 80kg. That's a lot of weight to adapt to. He had bugger-all pre-season this year, and it showed in his first few games when he blew up after half-time. Even so, he was our best VFL player in his third game of the year, with 18 possessions. In the 11 VFL games he played after that, he topped 20 disposals 10 times. If he gets a full pre-season I am tipping him as the big improver.

spook said:
Menadue has gone from 68kg when drafted, to 80kg. That's a lot of weight to adapt to. He had bugger-all pre-season this year, and it showed in his first few games when he blew up after half-time. Even so, he was our best VFL player in his third game of the year, with 18 possessions. In the 11 VFL games he played after that, he topped 20 disposals 10 times. If he gets a full pre-season I am tipping him as the big improver.
Having someone pressure him for the role will be good. Hate to see him turn into another Bower.

spook said:

80kg still puts him a good 7 or 8 kilos lighter than all the other players around his height. Maenadue is great at VFL level but seems to get lost at AFL level. Just looks like a completely different player. Query on whether he can adjust to AFL level. At 22yo going into his 5th season he has to start impressing very soon or he's on the outer.

Think Fraser is a great acquisition and considering his age he’s virtually a bottom ager with enormous upside.
He’s been playing against the men in the TSL and has followed the same pathway as JR8 to get to Richmond.
i’m Super excited that this kid will make the grade. He’s got toe and he’s a gut runner players like him get better the longer the game goes.I think he will be the player we all hoped Connor Menadue was going to be.
Clarko’s picked a winner here.#58 an absolute steal.

Brimmy said:
Think Fraser is a great acquisition and considering his age he’s virtually a bottom ager with enormous upside.
He’s been playing against the men in the TSL and has followed the same pathway as JR8 to get to Richmond.
i’m Super excited that this kid will make the grade. He’s got toe and he’s a gut runner players like him get better the longer the game goes.I think he will be the player we all hoped Connor Menadue was going to be.
Clarko’s picked a winner here.#58 an absolute steal.

Welcome Brimmy, and yeah, agree, there's something about his desire to take the game on that appeals. Athletically nothing to worry about, pretty composed too. I think we didn't see his best at the carnival, racked up the ball but didn't deliver like he did for Tassie. Both Tarryn & Fraser were a cut above in those games, I realise it's a second tier comp but one thing I've noted over the past few years is that the Allies coaches generally have no idea.

spook said:

I had high hopes for him when we drafted him that year but he is not the player i was hoping he would be. Yes he's quick but doesn't use it properly and doesn't have enough of a footy brain in general. He is too much of a 'train tracks', ie, straight line runner type of player. He doesn't have that calmness or composure and awareness that good players have, especially needed at AFL level. A good VFL player, but pretty much lost hope of him being a good AFL player. I hope i am proven wrong.