Frawley again proves he is a joke! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawley again proves he is a joke!

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Obviously you guys didn't get the point the first time

Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks Tiga your cowardly attack on me is duely noted, it is clear you tried to hurt me and thats fine I guess I am an easy target as it appears I am guilty of loving to much

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Obviously TG you didn't get my point the first time either.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Whats with the constant roasting of the spud fella? If anyone had a fair dinkum look at whats going on they would realise that spud aint the problem, he is probably just the end result of about 20 or more years of problems at punt road. The simple facts are that you need a top quality admin--- a top quality football department --- and a top quality balanced list of players to have any chance of success on top of that you probably need to be fairly stable in your financial and supporter base. the dear old tigers stike out badly in all departments over this period, but just at the moment we are about half way towards building what we need in all these departmentsand what do the ferals want? BAKED SPUD FOR DINNER. We've had more changes of coach than I've had changes of undies in recent years [ eeeeeewwww] It wont fix anything.

FoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 27, 2003
Hey goddess youve summed up my opinion of frawley's coaching style and gameplan to a T!

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Coach

4 years of game plan
4 years of recruiting
4 years of your influence
4 years of your disciplines

This is enough to at least improve, they have no more respect and the team it self is as bad as they were the day he walked in.
How long do you give someone to perform, they are talking about rebuilding the team from the ground up. That will take several years to start to show dividends therefore we will have the most unsuccesful 8 year coach in histrory.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Dear Laff,

Apologies for my comment. I was unaware of the fact that you do not have a sense of humour. ???You must understand that it is you that have created the forum personality of someone who is prepared to say what he feels in an attempt to provoke conflict with other peoples views and in doing so should be prepared for some criticism be it lighthearted or not.
In essence you have created your own monster for want of a better description.

In future I will withold comment to prevent you any further embarrassment but I had it on good authority that you were a fan of the Wiggles and I was also told that you possessed their entire back catalogue. ;D
At least Diggler found it humourous. ;D

BTW you still have not told anyone about yourself in the Age, sex, location, occupation thread. Is this a deliberate attempt to prevent people finding out about the man behind the mask?? Who are you Laff??......I'm BATMAN. ;D

Peace, Love, Brown Rice.

tiga

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
TigersGoddess said:
Obviously you guys didn't get the point the first time

Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn
Watch out for flies TG, plenty of protein, but taste like sh!t

lotus2

I'm a llama!
Jul 13, 2003
THE FACT remains that we lost 8 games in a row ,why would you want to make the finals anyway,not with our *smile* form and you can thank Danny for his lack of imagination and he has no hairs on his balls to make the correct desicions,DONT FORGET THIS IS THE CLOWN WHO HAS TWICE LED US TO 9 and 8 defeats in a row in his 3rd and 4th year of coaching,you can just see he hasnt got what it takes.And who,s in charge of the wheight sessions down there,when i compare our blokes to other teams i wonder why we get shoved around a lot,our blokes are built like *smile* sticks.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
TigerFurious said:
Already we are hearing talk of recruiting small forwards and doing trades for established player in preperation for next years assult on 8th spot. All this at the expense of developing youngsters and building a side actually capable of sustained success and heaven forbid a premiership.

If they haven't learnt their lesson, they get what they deserve.

TigerFurious said:
This short sighted attitude and subsequent failure will never change until we get a coach with REAL honesty who can 1) see the problems for himself without Miller holding his hand and pointing it out to him and 2) address the problem himself without Miller holding his hand and helping him.

I don't want to go over the why we've got the Coach we've got stuff again.

But, the good news for some is that this is more than likely Danny's last chance. If no noticeable changes can be seen in the team next season, then there would be no point in persisting any further. With the added support that has been provided this season, there are no more excuses.

The biggest thing that needs to change for the team to change is Danny. And unless he acknowledges that, he's on a hiding to nothing next season.

His negative mindset stifles the whole team and stunts the development of players. His unpreparedness to take risks creates more problems than it solves.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Dear Tiga,

I was also attempting humour in my response, soory you didn't see it that way...yes true I am a fan of the wiggles and do have there whole collection they along with Hi5 but I have them for different reasons

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
TigerMasochist said:
Whats with the constant roasting of the spud fella? If anyone had a fair dinkum look at whats going on they would realise that spud aint the problem, he is probably just the end result of about 20 or more years of problems at punt road. The simple facts are that you need a top quality admin--- a top quality football department --- and a top quality balanced list of players to have any chance of success on top of that you probably need to be fairly stable in your financial and supporter base. the dear old tigers stike out badly in all departments over this period, but just at the moment we are about half way towards building what we need in all these departmentsand what do the ferals want? BAKED SPUD FOR DINNER. We've had more changes of coach than I've had changes of undies in recent years [ eeeeeewwww] It wont fix anything.

What a concise, honest and accurate assessment of the situation at Punt Road.

Who are you related to again ;)

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
So I take it you like Hi5's music then Laff ;D ;D ;D ?

BTW, I find it amusing that when a coach like Sheedy leans heavily on Noel Duncan when recruiting, that's called sensible delegation and when Spud does the same with Greg Miller, that's called "hand-holding". LMAO.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Laff said:
Dear Tiga,

I was also attempting humour in my response, soory you didn't see it that way...yes true I am a fan of the wiggles and do have there whole collection they along with Hi5 but I have them for different reasons

No worries Laff. At least we both now have an insight into each others sense of humour. We can only go forward from here. :)
So I take it you have Kids....How many??
It would be interesting to find out a bit more about you. Like everyone else has done in the previously mentioned thread.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Koalalill said:
TigerMasochist said:

What a concise, honest and accurate assessment of the situation at Punt Road.

I can't agree with those posts at all. It's not exactly consise, honest and accurate to give the coach indemnity.

The coach has to have some responsibility for the results of the team.

It's not only about how many circusses they hold on Punt Road Oval. Sure that's important, but not anymore so than a coaches role.

Not changing coaches for the sake of proving a point is riduculous in my opinion. If it needs doing it needs doing. Not saying that it does, others would know better than me, but I just hope the decision is made for the proper reasons.

How many years should a coach be given. If the one we have isn't up to it they'll be there forever without results.

If Danny was at the end of a second 3 year contract would we re-sign him? I strongly suspect not.

I'd like to be convinced of the good Danny has done in 4 years.

We're heading for second bottom 4 finish in a row.

We've had losing runs of 8 and 9 games in a row the last 2 seasons.

We've got very few young players coming on.

I'm not talking about the Coughlans and Newmans and McGraths and Schulz's etc. I'm talking about the others to play alongside them. We virtually have zero kids waiting in the wings.

We've got players under performing by miles. We have lack of disclipine and leadership.

We have low team morale largely due to the treatment of a club hero by the coach we have now.

We've got decreasing memberships.

We've got a team playing pretty ordinary looking footy, and a coach who thinks grinding a loss out is more honourable than putting up a real attack.

I'm not bagging Danny here. That's just the facts as I see them.

I know the views of the Danny bashers, but I don't know the views of the people who think Danny is leading us in the right direction.

Keeping a coach just because we've gone through a few in the past isn't a good enough argument as far as I am concerned.

I'd love to be convinced that I'm seeing it all wrong. ;)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
I know the views of the Danny bashers, but I don't know the views of the people who think Danny is leading us in the right direction.

I thought I'd given my views on what I think Danny has achieved Rosy. I have also been pretty vocal in my support based on what the Club is trying to implement. As I have said many times - the course we have taken over the last 20 years has not worked. This time round the Club is trying to do it differently. They have said the support in the past hasn't been there - well for the first time they are saying - here you go Danny, no more outside distractions, we are giving you the best football administrator, we will give you some more money to go out and recruit quality players, it is up to you now.

On the subject team morale being low as a result of what happened to a previous champion player (I am assuming Knighter here) - I have heard some interesting scuttle butt over that during the course of the year and I am starting to change my thinking on that one. I think there is more to it - somewhere along the lines.

The other point for me at least is that in the past the Club has not looked at all the problems - they have for whatever reason - always blamed the coach. As TM said you need a good adminstration, footy department, playing list and coaches. It can be argued we have not had those things all at the one time. Our focus has always been on one area not all areas

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
rosy3 said:
The coach has to have some responsibility for the results of the team.

Not changing coaches for the sake of proving a point is riduculous in my opinion. If it needs doing it needs doing. Not saying that it does, others would know better than me, but I just hope the decision is made for the proper reasons.

If Danny was at the end of a second 3 year contract would we re-sign him? I strongly suspect not.

Agree Rosy that it would be wrong to stick with someone who is obviously not going to take us anywhere. But, realistically, what are the alternatives and are they any better?

At some point, we have to have an amount of faith in people to do their job. If we have no faith in those that are there now, then we will never have faith in anyone. That is for sure and certain.

We all want something more tangible than faith in people. We want action. The sort of action some people want has sold us into the situation we are in now and is exactly what perpetuates our lack of faith in people.

This Coach has failed us, but the next one will be better. So we keep telling ourselves.

I realise as well as anyone the shortcomings of Danny, but I'm realistic enough to realise that a leader without followers faces an impossible task.

That may well be some of Danny's own doing, but I suspect its origins are anything but recent.

All we see is failure after failure and so we think that is all we will ever have. To stop the pain, we make change after change after change. Meanwhile, nothing ever really changes.

The people may be different, but in the end they are all the same, because they too have failed to bring us what we ask for.

To achieve success, we first need to know all our faults, because it is then we can rectify them.

We are at the point where we can see all our faults. We know how NOT to go about this game. Now we can move forward, with the knowledge of what we need to do.

If nothing else, we have at least got to this point. That's a lot more forwards than backwards than we have been before.

For anyone who can see and understand that.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
is it just me or is Danny more worried about dropping a game than actually winning it?

We get a hot start to the season - suddenly we end up with so many players back behind the ball that we can't move it quickly to the foward line coz nobody is forward creating.

We loose 8 in a row and situation looks hopeless - suddenly we play attacking football.....and win convincingly, even if it is only against the dogs.

Response..... these quotes from the Saturday Herald Sun:

HEADLINE: "We can still make it"!

"It's the first time we've gone in with an unchanged, in form team"
- In form......we'd won one game in the last 9

"We'll try to stop their run nice and early if we can"
- what about attacking and creating our own run like the previous week, and letting them try to stop us?

"If we can play somewhere near our best form, we're going to be a chance at some stage to hopefully snatch the game"

- how much confidence does that comment give you? I mean the comment is negative enough without the use of the word "hopefully" which made it twice as bad.

Cast your minds back to the pre-season campaign last year. We play a heap of kids, rotating through the mid-field and win our way to a GF berth against Port, but then on the night the kids who got us there are all on the bench. Rodan got a run with 15 minutes to go and almost helped us snatch the game.

As soon as we are a chance to achieve something, Danny seems to drop back to a negative mindset. This shows through with the amount of game time he gives the kids. Probably a great guy, but i think he's a "glass is half empty" rather than "Half full" type of character.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Frawley is a loser. Comes from a club that has a losing culture, used to losing and thus he is always on the back foot/defensive.
He was a negative footballer, who was always under siege in a rabble side.
Have a look at the premiership coaches in the AFL since 1990: Mathews (3) Malthouse (2) Blight (2) Sheedy (2) Pagan (2) Joyce (1) Parkin (1). Its pretty obvious to me that successful coaches come from successful clubs.

Thats why Frawley will never amount to anything.

If he continues as coach next year, its another indication that the RFC is a charity institution!!!