Frawley again proves he is a joke! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawley again proves he is a joke!

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
frickenel said:
As soon as we are a chance to achieve something, Danny seems to drop back to a negative mindset. This shows through with the amount of game time he gives the kids. Probably a great guy, but i think he's a "glass is half empty" rather than "Half full" type of character.

You, I and others can see that frickenel, but not those that matter, it seems. And the fact that no one has been able to make a difference to Danny in his four years there is an indictment on our Club. If we can't help the Coach then how can we, as a Club, help the players?

We don't seem capable of bringing this type of awareness to people and so we continue to fail to help them in any real way. Instead, we leave people to succeed or fail, based on who they already were before arriving at this Club.

To me, we don't challenge or push players outside of their comfort zone and never take risks.

What is the purpose of being an AFL player if you expect not to be tested in some way and if you are not prepared to be asked to go outside of your comfort zone?

If that is the case, don't become an AFL player. You'll never make it.

Then again, there's always the Punt Road Comfort Zone.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
PS sorry Tiga .......people are not interested in my type really.........although I will say I love fine wine and hate being poor......it takes time to get to know me so I don't want to over do the information

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I was thinking the same thing Diggler. A coach has to have experienced a grand final as a player to know how special it is and If they've been there once they've just got to do it again and that passion and drive to achieve the ultimate goal will flow on through to the players.

Frawley??? Well he makes a fantastic Potatoes Au Gratin. ;D ;D

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Dean3 said:
BTW, I find it amusing that when a coach like Sheedy leans heavily on Noel Duncan when recruiting, that's called sensible delegation and when Spud does the same with Greg Miller, that's called "hand-holding". LMAO.

Once again Dean, there's more holes in your argument then the bullet riddled bodies of a former dictators sons.

I just don't know where to begin so I wont ;D

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
No worries Laff. You do what you have to do. I think the Goodies would make an excellent coaching staff. Especially if we can recruit their Giant cat for our forward line! ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Koalalill said:
Who are you related to again ;)
Don't remind me Koala ;)

Hey Laff I saw the perfect Christmas present for you while I was at work the other day. A wiggles hot potato. It's a toy shaped like a potato and when you squeeze it bounces and sings hot potato hot potato.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
diggler said:
Have a look at the premiership coaches in the AFL since 1990: Mathews (3) Malthouse (2) Blight (2) Sheedy (2) Pagan (2) Joyce (1) Parkin (1). Its pretty obvious to me that successful coaches come from successful clubs.

Not all that obvious. It also helps if they go to a successful and supportive environment.

Malthouse didn't win any flags at the Bulldogs. Neither did Joyce.

Parkin didn't win any flags at Fitzroy.

Was it that Pagan and Joyce came from successful Clubs, or that they went and coached in a successful and supportive environment?

I don't think Tommy Hafey had any success at Richmond while he was a player there.

You believe what you want to believe Diggler, but your theory can be as easily proven as it can be disproved.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Rosy: "I'm not talking about the Coughlans and Newmans and McGraths and Schulz's etc. I'm talking about the others to play alongside them. We virtually have zero kids waiting in the wings."

I think this quote is ridiculous. McGrath and Schulz have played 2 and 3 games. They are the youth waiting in the wings. Rodan Coughland and Newman were. Dont forget Sipthorp. not saying hes any good but i dont think you can expect too mcuh there about waiting in the wings.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Disagree shawry. That's 2-3 players coming on. You might think that's enough. I don't.
One of the main reasons we have maybe 8 or so players regularly selected each week despite being a tad past it is the lack of youth pushing for their spot imo.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Sorry TG how selfish of me $30.00 a week pocket money you don't want to be wasting your money on me

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
rosy3 said:
Disagree shawry. That's 2-3 players coming on. You might think that's enough. I don't.
One of the main reasons we have maybe 8 or so players regularly selected each week despite being a tad past it is the lack of youth pushing for their spot imo.

Tahts not what i meant Rosy. I was meaning to say your coment saying other than Coughaln and Newman was ridiculous as they are stil lyoung kids coming on as is Rodan and Krakouer. Then you chuck in Schulz and McGrath and you have at least 5. I still consdier Fiora nad Zantuck young and coming on aswell.

I agree wihtoyu r comment in theory jsut not the way you worded it by excluding them.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Bloody hell shawry, why do u think player like hilton, houlihan pettifer, king, Fiora, flemming, Mills, Nicholls. Rogers, Vardy, and bowden keep on getting a game one bloody reason there are no youngsters any better than this bunch of nuffas the few kids that are getting some sort of a go have a hell of a lot to prove krak rodan & draga are that inconsistent i don't think any of them would be getting a game if we had a half decent list. shawry take your rose coloured glasses off, and get in the real world. The only youngsters we have on our list who are good enough to get a regular game in a good team ie brisbane, port, collingwood are coughlan and newman.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
shawry said:
...I agree wihtoyu r comment in theory jsut not the way you worded it...

Fair dinkum shawry, are you for real there? :rollin

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Captain Blood said:
Maybe everybody agrees with the facts presented seeing nobody has posted with positive signs that Richmond has progressed onfield since Frawley's reign.

I will repeat what I said yesterday - I have posted the positive signs - on many ocassions had no-one comment as well as been howled down but posted them none the less

Unfortunately, I am hard pressed for time at the moment here work or Id go searching for the various posts. Will try and do it when I get home

FoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 27, 2003
Captain Blood said:
rosy3 said:
I'm not bagging Danny here. That's just the facts as I see them.

I know the views of the Danny bashers, but I don't know the views of the people who think Danny is leading us in the right direction.

Keeping a coach just because we've gone through a few in the past isn't a good enough argument as far as I am concerned.

I'd love to be convinced that I'm seeing it all wrong. ;)

Maybe everybody agrees with the facts presented seeing nobody has posted with positive signs that Richmond has progressed onfield since Frawley's reign.
The track record speaks for itself. I suspect the club's biding time for a year and has plans not including Mr Frawley after next season.
The worrying thing is how low memberships will go next year with Spud still at the helm.

Couldnt agree more with these previous posts, there just doesnt seem to be anything to convince most posters among us that our 1 step forwards and two steps back reign under current coach can improve and, the membership issue for next year will be very interesting indeed.

Quote Posted by: tiga
I think the Goodies would make an excellent coaching staff. Especially if we can recruit their Giant cat for our forward line!

Didnt the goodies clone Rolf Harris? if only they could repeat the procedure for a cogs type minus the wobbleboard :p