Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
One thing I've noticed with our defensive setup this year, is the amount of times the opposition forwards are all on their own when we turn the ball over. This has happened countless times but it must be by instruction for it to happen so often.
Yep, happens every time we turn it over in our forward half. Is it mids not running hard enough back?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Is Ticketek to blame? Aren't tickets free for members? Members order their tickets for insurance but just don't turn up?
I would say they would be a huge reason. I mentioned in another thread the difficulty I had in getting one. I logged on at 4 pm on the dot. Wanted 3 tickets. Rejected the first lot offered as it was too out in the open and was hoping for something undercover. Tried again at 4.01, so basically immediately. Computer said not enough tickets to meet my request. By 4.03 tried for only 2 tickets, same message Tried for just one ticket. Same message. This was by 4.05 and repeatedly trying. I eventually got a single ticket but not where I wanted. I can see how others might have been put off or just assumed no more tickets were available. My mate ended up trying himself and got one in the same bay. The whole row where my seat was, was empty the whole night except for me. We ended up sitting together but *smile* me, how do ticketek get away with that *smile*. I reckon in the 3 rows in front of me and 3 rows behind me there would have only been about a dozen people. Some may have been no shows due to the weather but I reckon most were because ticketek *smile* up

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
What a night... a loss and a cracked windscreen on the way home, bloody Monash road works.

• Sad

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
One thing I've noticed with our defensive setup this year, is the amount of times the opposition forwards are all on their own when we turn the ball over. This has happened countless times but it must be by instruction for it to happen so often.
All our forwards n mids keep getting sucked way to deep into defence to strangle the oppo forward thrust. Then when we get the turnover we either butcher the ball by the time we get to mid field or we've got SFA deep forward n go the Hail Mary long bomb to a one on three or four outnumber. Oppo defences block n control the contest or just constantly sag off n spread once we cough the ball up n carve us up like a Sunday roast on the rebound.
Even with neutral mid field contests, they've finally learned that we'll simply swarm n hack the ball forward n they just set up a sag off net waiting for some loose ball then spread it wide while we're bunched up tight.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I
I would say they would be a huge reason. I mentioned in another thread the difficulty I had in getting one. I logged on at 4 pm on the dot. Wanted 3 tickets. Rejected the first lot offered as it was too out in the open and was hoping for something undercover. Tried again at 4.01, so basically immediately. Computer said not enough tickets to meet my request. By 4.03 tried for only 2 tickets, same message Tried for just one ticket. Same message. This was by 4.05 and repeatedly trying. I eventually got a single ticket but not where I wanted. I can see how others might have been put off or just assumed no more tickets were available. My mate ended up trying himself and got one in the same bay. The whole row where my seat was, was empty the whole night except for me. We ended up sitting together but *smile* me, how do ticketek get away with that *smile*. I reckon in the 3 rows in front of me and 3 rows behind me there would have only been about a dozen people. Some may have been no shows due to the weather but I reckon most were because ticketek *smile* up
I'd say many didn't turn up as well. We all know Ticketek don't release all bays at once so not a f-up per se. Not sure who's directive that is, Ticketek or AFL or even MCC . I agree it's wrong.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I see the aftermath of this season going two ways, falling off a cliff like the Hawks, or bouncing back like Geelong did after a disappointing 2018. I tend to think we’re well placed to do the latter.
There is going to be plenty of upset people next year when the Tiges return with an adjusted game plan that they have spent more than 5 minutes learning, some new players to compliment the existing personnel and a better draw.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Would have to be my least enjoyable night of attending the footy since a game in the late 80s on a cold wet night sitting in the old southern stand watching us getting beaten by the Brisbane Bear ffs.
Crowd would have been about the same too

Reactions: 7 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
everything that could've gone wrong last night did.
we couldn't kick, mark, handball, tackle or score.
I'm curious why ?

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
2 goals. Lowest score in 60 freakin years. There was simply nothing to cheer about.
The predominantly Tiger crowd of only 14k was eerily flat. The G had zero atmosphere.
Covid has had a big impact.
What we achieved last year to climb the mountain again under the craziest of circumstances was remarkable.
I'm not seeing that same desire this season.
Spot on. Apart from the woeful effort of the team I have never experienced a weirder vibe at the ground. It was like the few that turned up only did so out of obligation. Didn’t really want to be there. If I’m honest I think I felt the same way. I think Melburnians are lockdown weary. There’s a palpable feeling that we’re all just waiting for the next one; it’s a matter of when not if.

I fear that this once great city has lost its mojo and may never get it back. But the pollies all get a pay rise so I guess we can all celebrate that.

Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Would have to be my least enjoyable night of attending the footy since a game in the late 80s on a cold wet night sitting in the old southern stand watching us getting beaten by the Brisbane Bear ffs.
Crowd would have been about the same too
The Friday night match to decide the wooden spoon where we kicked two in two minutes, then got thrashed? Lee and Weightman were running around belting blokes in frustration.

Yeah, that game is up there with the worst.

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I'm curious why ?
What are the odds that 18 blokes are going to have their worst game for 4 years, all on the one night.
I kind of thought there were a few trying to play dry weather footy early.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I

I'd say many didn't turn up as well. We all know Ticketek don't release all bays at once so not a f-up per se. Not sure who's directive that is, Ticketek or AFL or even MCC . I agree it's wrong.
As a member I abhor the ticketing system. It’s incredibly complicated. Last night at the gates I could only find two of my 3 family tickets in the virtual membership card part of the site. I’ve had that issue before then it appears magically out of nowhere. I’m pretty tech savvy but I bet for a lot of members the digital thing is just too hard. Sooner we get back to lanyards and real membership cards with barcodes the better.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
As a member I abhor the ticketing system. It’s incredibly complicated. Last night at the gates I could only find two of my 3 family tickets in the virtual membership card part of the site. I’ve had that issue before then it appears magically out of nowhere. I’m pretty tech savvy but I bet for a lot of members the digital thing is just too hard. Sooner we get back to lanyards and real membership cards with barcodes the better.
It’s best to take a screen shot of the barcodes and save to your phone. I’ve got no idea about tech stuff (and no real interest) but my wife showed me how to do it and I somehow remembered it. Works well.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm curious why ?
Ok, this is my question too. Why? As we had performed really well against WC and Bummers, taken a bye and then return against a sh!t side playing like wooden spooners. Why? The only reasonable explanation I can see is that we're loading as we've done in the past seasons by playing like zombies and losing. It wasn't half the team competitive and the other half not. The whole team was flat, and even that the Aints only scored 9 goals. They didn't win, we lost. If they stepped up, then surely they would've beaten us by more but even their play was amateur most times. It's like we opened every door for them at ease. If we were competitive and still lost, then you can say we've lost the plot. Major problem is we lost Broad and Balta for the season.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
All the players must've enjoyed the break for the bye, the only guy to have a real crack was Pickett who played in the VFL last week.