Game Day AFLW Round 5 - Richmond v Geelong: somewhere beyond civilisation as we know it | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day AFLW Round 5 - Richmond v Geelong: somewhere beyond civilisation as we know it

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Terrific win, loved seeing the joy on their faces. We brought in a few girls from other clubs that are self processed Tiger nuffies and you could see that at the end, they were so stoked to get the win and sing the song.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Well done Tiges , I can see McKenzie been the first female in the AFL , what a talent , again I haven’t seen a lot of the ladies play , however if Conti’s not in the top few I’d be surprised

Reactions: 1 user

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Great for the girls to get that first win! Dont think i've ever seen a more enthusiastic rendition of the song!

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
That was pretty awesome. Really glad I got to see their first win.

Amazing improvement in 5 weeks.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Great for the girls to get that first win! Dont think i've ever seen a more enthusiastic rendition of the song!
Have to agree; great to see. Congrats to our AFLW team on their first ever, but fantastic, win. Being against one of our choice opponents makes it even better.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Onya girls!

Just watched the first half. The improvement from not just last year but earlier this season is marked. Brennan is twice the player she was last year. Love Wakefield, she reminds me of a female Jimmy Jess, a country girl with great hands. McKenzie and Conti are rippers, and they now have a bit of support with Hosking, #5 and the ruck girl (sorry, don't know all the names yet). They've shored up the defence too.

I must be invested because I even have a whipping girl: how the hell Sophie Molan was seen as - what? - the 7th best girl in the draft? - is beyond me. Slow, hesitant, and about as athletic as your nan after her second hip replacement.

We'll get MoJu's sister in the next couple of years and you know that means flags.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Was very impressed with Cordner's game, her and Miller look to be reliable defenders.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
A long time coming but what a performance to get that first win. The ladies will only get better after this confidence building game

Last edited:

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Conti is the one who lifts the eyes, weaves through packs and hits up targets.
She is a ripper.
Great athlete.

Reactions: 3 users