Game Day - Dreamtime at the G - Dusty 298th Game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Dreamtime at the G - Dusty 298th Game

Loved steely's lead up work and energy when he came on.

Actually WANTED the ball. Good sign

Reactions: 3 users
Good effort but too many errors still and poor link play/forward entries at times. We’ve locked down Pick 2. Just keep getting games into kids (don’t have a lot of choice) and please don’t rush any players back.
Agree.

I'm looking for Short to be dropped next week and Smith replacing him. We need to get games into Kaleb.

Short has been deplorable this year and is the poster boy for rushed kicks to nobody. He refuses to take punishment to advantage a teammate. Why would Sonsie, Brown, etc put their bodies on the line when one of the leadership team refuses to do it and faces no consequences.

Reactions: 9 users
Agree.

I'm looking for Short to be dropped next week and Smith replacing him. We need to get games into Kaleb.

Short has been deplorable this year and is the poster boy for rushed kicks to nobody. He refuses to take punishment to advantage a teammate. Why would Sonsie, Brown, etc put their bodies on the line when one of the leadership team refuses to do it and faces no consequences.
Big part of the reason intercept defenders just rack up marks against us. Every single week. Sick of seeing it

What we wanted was effort and we got it tonight. I have no idea which game some of the people on this thread were watching but the one I was at on the MCG showed a highly committed and gutsy Tiger unit.
Put Lynch in the forward and one of Hopper or Taranto in the team and we win.

Reactions: 11 users
How the heck did Bolton get up from that? Could have broken his spine or neck

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
If that's the second team on the ladder once the troops are back we are set for another dynasty.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
The thing that kills me is this will end up being a flogging. . . everyone will look at the umpiring and say they had no influence on the game,. . . when there are 3 clearly blatant BS decisions to essendon when the came was in the balance.
Well they didn’t flog us, glad to see we stuck with them for the whole game. A win would’ve been nice but the umpires saw to it that the former druggies but now darlings of the afl notched up another win.

Reactions: 1 users
If that's the second team on the ladder once the troops are back we are set for another dynasty.
They won’t stay second. They’re not good enough. My BIL follows them, and he was getting excited about how good they are this season. I didn’t say anything because I don’t want an argument. They’ve got some decent players, but they simply don’t have the talent to win a flag. Flag teams have a few absolute Star players. Essendon don’t have any of those.

They won’t stay second. They’re not good enough. My BIL follows them, and he was getting excited about how good they are this season. I didn’t say anything because I don’t want an argument. They’ve got some decent players, but they simply don’t have the talent to win a flag. Flag teams have a few absolute Star players. Essendon don’t have any of those.
Exactly my point.
They are 12th to 8th.

Not too bad tonight in the end. Some players who are understandably past their prime did well.
Admired the sustained effort from Vlossy, Nank, Dusty, Dion and Ralphy.
Didn't you love Dusty's goal in the first quarter. Vintage. Hope he does one of those against the Hawks. I may well pitch invade.
KMac does so much team running, especially in defence.
Kane MacAuliffe is showing lots of promise. Love his kicking. Seth and Thomson Dow had a real go tonight.

This was the perfect game to throw Daniel forward. He was in good touch and our "forwards" were again struggling for composure.

We looked so much better in defence with Balta having the play in front of him again. The long kicking was good.

Dusty, Noah C, Shorty Shai and Marlion must move the ball on faster and think more aggressively rather than hesitate and try to kick around corners with low percentage and momentum killing play. Dusty is way too unselfish. We need him to go for it while he is running well.

Back to Vlossy. One of the most courageous Tigers I have seen. Reminds me of St Francis. Keeps getting hit and getting up. Just love the guy. Next captain?

With Gibcus and Balta in defence next year, I'm not sure that Ben Miller will measure up. Can run but doesn't think quickly.

If we could pinch one from the Bombers it would have to be Langford.

One casual observation. You do not want to be a water bottle on the Richmond bench!

Don’t agree , he didn’t move ! Poor umpiring
I think it was paid cause he wasn’t the guy who should’ve been standing the mark. It should’ve been Hugo (I think it was him), who was in the contest, Shai came in from behind and was a wee bit ahead of the mark. Technically there, but it is never reciprocated. NEVER.

I think it was paid cause he wasn’t the guy who should’ve been standing the mark. It should’ve been Hugo (I think it was him), who was in the contest, Shai came in from behind and was a wee bit ahead of the mark. Technically there, but it is never reciprocated. NEVER.
That’s why people lose their *smile* over these technical decisions. Yes, it is technically a penalty, but it has to be paid all the time or not at all.

Gonna be fun watching the bombers not win a final again this year.

Reactions: 4 users
Much better tonight when without the ball. Thought the backline was good and Balta excellent. Meatball’s hamstrings were fantastic. Lefty and Dusty did well dealing with terrible entries. Just got outclassed.

A few guys who are battling to establish themselves were ordinary.