Game Day - Dreamtime at the G - Dusty 298th Game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Dreamtime at the G - Dusty 298th Game

I don't understand why it is so hard to kick the ball in from a point, whereas the opposition run it out easily and get the ball to centre of the ground

We have been awful at this for years. Teams seem to know our plan and clog it up every week.

I thought it was just dimma but it hasn't improved at all under yze

I reckon it would be a six goal turnaround each match if only we could both competently kick out and defend the kick out

Reactions: 5 users
I don't understand why it is so hard to kick the ball in from a point, whereas the opposition run it out easily and get the ball to centre of the ground

We have been awful at this for years. Teams seem to know our plan and clog it up every week.

I reckon it would be a six goal turnaround each match if only we could both competently kick out and defend the kick out
Kicking out competently is hard when one of your preferred kickers keeps finding opposition players with laser like precision.

I went to the game last night thinking it was a “ no lose “ game for us. Most weren’t expecting us to win. So if we won, bonus. If we didn’t get the points, I looked at it as us doing our little bit to get essendrugs hopes up in the finals, just to see them shattered. They have beaten ONE team currently in the top 8 plus a draw. Most of their wins are from teams making up the bottom 6 positions on the ladder.
Had a druggies supporter text me late in the game trying to stir me. I replied with “ :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold“ emojis. They came back with “ where are you on the ladder”. I shot back with “ then how *smile* are you guys only being able to be 2 goals in front of us”
Then they stupidly didn’t stop. I ended it with “ Get back to me when you win a flag. Actually, get back to me when you actually win ONE final. I’m not expecting anymore messages from you for a few years to come…..” :))
Didn’t get a reply to that one

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
The one thing we are learning with having to play our kids is we now have an idea who will probably make it and those who are unlikely to . So far this season I reckon McAuliffe, Campbell and Brown will. Lefau and Ralphsmith will probably do so as well. I don't reckon Dow, Cumberland or Sonsie have the will to do make it and then there is Banks who is tries but doesn't get involved so the jury is out on him. It will be interesting to see if our other cubs can step up.

Reactions: 1 user
A major major factor in the last quarter was Nick Hind. Can’t believe nobody has mentioned this. He went ballistic on the Southern wing.

15 disposals in the 4th quarter. 11 kicks and 5 handballs. 3 marks.

Who was playing on hm ?
He did what he wanted all night.

Pretty sure I saw a stat for scoring sources on Saturday night, broken into Stoppage, Turnover, Kick-Ins. We'd kicked 3.0.18 from kick-ins to Essington's 0.1.1

But it does fee; like we're no good at it.

Reactions: 1 user