GAME DAY !!!! Premiers v Pensioners | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY !!!! Premiers v Pensioners

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
There changes for me suit us Clark and Parfait had speed already to a slow side both out.Make Stewart accountable like in gf second half and ramp up the pressure and intensity and they don't like it.
Parfitt never was and never will have speed

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I think Broad can cover a medium and even a tall no issue , has been playing Nicks role while he was injured, but can play a shut-down to be in good form.
Broady has played well on Cameron in the past in a total shut down role. Noah to cheater Hawkins. They will try to tag one of Houli or Short. Cryin Gryan out with hurt feelings So really no one to kick a score for them.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Tigers by 37

lynch to have a night out on henderson and kick 6.6

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Zuthrie would take that statement. Though form in the last 2 years is compareable
That's embarrasing. As average as Danny has been at times there is no comparison to Zuthrie. None. Schache gave us a tall Zuthrie performance last Friday.

The cats do have the likes of dalhouse and miers to consistently stink it up though. And rohan tends to save his worst for the big games and moments. But there is only one Zuthrie.

I watched a lot of the Cats-Swans game and at first glance thought he had one of his better games. I checked the stats afterwards and he had 6 disposals. With a clanger.

It's no coincidence he has played 3 games this year and the cats have lost all 3. I think they run at under 50% now with him in the side.

Out of interest, where would you say is his best position?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hugggge game , great opportunity to get back in the top 4 and put the pensioners into their rocking chairs permanently.

Dont think it will be the normal walk in the Yarra park for us, hopefully RCD, Ross and Nigel shine under the big Friday night lights
I think of these 3 Ross is the one that needs to stamp himself somewhat tonight, even though they were drafted in same year I think Riley is still on more of a learning curve, (with hopefully more upside), so I would be happy with a similar output from RCD to last week with anything more a bonus.
Either way with Cotch and Lambo at least 3 weeks away, (got a feeling Lambo might be more?), and Dion hopefully down to two? it is a fantastic opportunity for the boys to show, and for the club to see, what they've got and where they need to improve.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can we check how these 3 go umpiring against us,
Haussen,
Stephens,
Williamson.20210507_114507.jpg20210507_114454.jpg20210507_114444.jpg

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
That's embarrasing. As average as Danny has been at times there is no comparison to Zuthrie. None. Schache gave us a tall Zuthrie performance last Friday.

The cats do have the likes of dalhouse and miers to consistently stink it up though. And rohan tends to save his worst for the big games and moments. But there is only one Zuthrie.

I watched a lot of the Cats-Swans game and at first glance thought he had one of his better games. I checked the stats afterwards and he had 6 disposals. With a clanger.

It's no coincidence he has played 3 games this year and the cats have lost all 3. I think they run at under 50% now with him in the side.

Out of interest, where would you say is his best position?
Probably as a half back flank ( old school i know) BUT bottom line ZUTHRIE IS NOT AFL STANDARD. Narkle and Clark add some "dare" and dash, Scott cant have that, better to run with Zuthrie and Touhy ( who escapes any criticsim) . The cats are bog average this year. ( dont get me started on list management). I have watched most tiges games as well, Rioli's past 2 years have been below average i reckon. I think he holds his spot because you guys have so many damaging small players who can kick goals, he can get away with an odd cameo here and there.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Probably as a half back flank ( old school i know) BUT bottom line ZUTHRIE IS NOT AFL STANDARD. Narkle and Clark add some "dare" and dash, Scott cant have that, better to run with Zuthrie and Touhy ( who escapes any criticsim) . The cats are bog average this year. ( dont get me started on list management). I have watched most tiges games as well, Rioli's past 2 years have been below average i reckon. I think he holds his spot because you guys have so many damaging small players who can kick goals, he can get away with an odd cameo here and there.
I really don't get why Geelong would be playing Zuthrie ahead of Narkle and Clark.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Real pensioner team out their tonight by the cats. They will have to stop for a nap after half time.
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 12.17.36 pm.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond
Losing Cotch and Grimes is bad (really wants someone with a nasty streak down back to keep 'clumsy elbows' Hawkins and 'oops my knee' Jezza honest...

Divin Miers out is also a big out for us...

Hate Friday night games, can't concentrate at work

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Real pensioner team out their tonight by the cats. They will have to stop for a nap after half time.
View attachment 12116
Just doing some checking and I think this is the oldest team ever to play in the AFL.

As far as I can see the previous oldest was Hawthorn R3 2020 at 28.31 equalling Richmond's R15 1923 team, so 28yr 5 mths (28.41 years) is the oldest of all time.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
View attachment 12116
Those stats are precisely the reason the Geelbows should be favourite. Taller, heavier, older and more experienced than us. They won't get a better chance to beat us. If they lose you can basically write them off for this season and the short to medium term ;)

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Those stats are precisely the reason the Geelbows should be favourite. Taller, heavier, older and more experienced than us. They won't get a better chance to beat us. If they lose you can basically write them off for this season and the short to medium term ;)
This is their best chance no doubt about it.